It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola and The Elections: Coverup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It seems to me that there is a lot of pressure for the administration to cover up incoming ebola infected people into America. Republicans are using the admin response against the Democrats and it appears the fear is changing the political landscape.

Across ATS we are all seeing possible cases being kept quit.

The Duncan family, Nina Pham's Boyfriend, The Pentagon, The Tamp flight....

I would not be at all surprised if this was happening right now in order to reduce citizen fears so the impact of more cases don't hurt the Democratic Party in the election.

Anyone else thing is plausible?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Well, yeah. PROBABLE, even. No need for the Czar to show up to his meetings when he can put a silencer on the media like this, this fast.
edit on 21-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
It seems to me that there is a lot of pressure for the administration to cover up incoming ebola infected people into America. Republicans are using the admin response against the Democrats and it appears the fear is changing the political landscape.

I would not be at all surprised if this was happening right now in order to reduce citizen fears so the impact of more cases don't hurt the Democratic Party in the election.

Anyone else thing is plausible?

Absolutely. I've had the same thought. It is amazing how everything, and I mean everything is politicized now. Ebola doesn't care how you vote, and it needs to be addressed as a public health concern, not as a potential political liability.

But then again, that's who the idiots elected, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just sayin'...

And Same Shirt Judge Jenkins is also on the November ballot. Good times.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Are you joking? The Ebola hype has been far far far beyond what it should be. When 3000 to 50,000 people die each year of the Flu, why is anybody talking about a hard to spread thing like Ebola who at its worst in the 3rd world has killed 4000 people? Everything about Ebola has been hype.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Never let a 'crisis' go to waste....seems to be their motto

So I wouldn't be surprised

Many think Hurricane Sandy impacted the 2012 elections
Everyone was focused on the debates and polls then up pops Sandy and then the attention switched from election to the destruction along the East coast

Just saying it's a possibility that outside events can and do draw peoples attention away from what is right in front of them

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I buy it.
They're keeping a lid on things.
In the US it's "EBOLA HYPE! It's all a lie!"

The rest of the world doesn't seem to agree.

Headlines:
UN - Ebola cases could double every two weeks
Ebola cases up sharply in Liberia
Ebola cases up sharply in western Sierra Leone
Ebola in Sierra Leone increasing to rate of more than 20 deaths per day

Meanwhile, two weeks before election time:
"US cautiously optimistic after no new Ebola in 5 days"

I actually laughed when I saw that.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Are you joking? The Ebola hype has been far far far beyond what it should be. When 3000 to 50,000 people die each year of the Flu, why is anybody talking about a hard to spread thing like Ebola who at its worst in the 3rd world has killed 4000 people? Everything about Ebola has been hype.

So your saying you dont think cases are being kept quit because of the the potential negative impact to the Admin and the Democratic Party?

Granted ebola is being hyped but it kills 50-90% of the infected unlike the flu which maybe kills a few percent a year and most are young kids and immuno challenged people.

What happens when the numbers in West AFrica are in the 100,000 range or more and we are still flying them in? The stats will increase and the likelihood of a raveler having Ebola will increase.

Regarding ease of transmission so far 5% of the infected in AFrica where Health Care Workers and thats a very high number. In America so far its 66% (that we know of)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Anyone else think it's plausible?

It's very plausible. Obama & his crew are all about politics. Everything they do is politically motivated.

Just look at who they chose as the "Ebola Czar" -- not someone who knows anything about fighting epidemics, but a professional liar, er ... "spin doctor." It's all Hollywood, "Image is everything."

Swifty Lazar would be so proud.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

That is the problem I am having with the so call Czar, he is not by any means somebody with any infectious diseases background neither a Dr. but he is a hack lawyer and one very well regarded by the democratic party as a "problem fixer", but it seems to leave out the fact that he was involved in one of Obamas administrations scandals.

Still, his position is highly political, in view that the Republicans were going to exploit the lack or low response of Obama to the ebola scare.

Can you hear the crickets? since the ebola hack was appointed? ebola has left the room

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I absolutely think Mr. Czar went in running. Shut the media down about Ebola. Now, we are hearing fluff stories about Ebola, rose, wine, & laughter.

The curtain went down on the Ebola play yet the actors are still acting. The audience can't see it though.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think SOMETHING is going on. I started getting suspicious when our Dallas deputy walked into a clinic with a fever and our officials were so adamant in telling the media and public that there was absolutely no fever. It turned out he tested negative for Ebola but in his press conference he told everyone he had a high fever and thought his ticket had been punched. He and his wife were also mad that the CDC released the test results to the public before even telling them.

Then we have the case of the lab tech on the cruise ship. Belize wouldn't let them dock and stood by their story that she was exhibiting symptoms. Our officials insist she was not. However, when the ship docked it was 5am on a Sunday morning (with nary a soul out!) and this person had FIVE white SUVs waiting outside the ship to whisk her away. The camera did not catch the person, only the car closing. How convenient.

We have other stories too: The lady who vomited outside the Dart rail station Saturday and told the EMTs she was on a watch list and lived at the same apartment complex where Eric Duncan got sick. That story then quickly changed to not vomiting and not on any watch list, didn't live at those apartments but did stay there for a few days. Then the story was she had a spider bite, no watch list, did not stay at the apartments and finally, she only spit on the pavement, was not on any watchlist whatsoever, lived no where near the apartment complex and never visited. But they spent half the day closing down that station and disinfecting it in hazmat suits. And the woman was transported to the hospital. Ridiculous.

The final straw on the camel's back came during the most bizarre press conference I have ever watched yesterday. Instead of just giving us updates and several more facts or info same shirt judge proceeded to turn this into a long, heroic story of Louise Troh and her fiancee, Eric Duncan. About how her heart was breaking, how fearful she is of entering life again and compared it to a horse being afraid of a snake even though the snake won't harm it. How the beer can also scare a horse but the beer can is no danger, and on and on and on...I could not believe it. Then the pastor came on and basically said the same thing. It was so over the top I started asking myself why are they going to such lengths for this woman? Most criminals will create an elaborate story to cover up a lie. This is what it felt like.

They're pulling the wool over our eyes. I am certain of it.
edit on 21-10-2014 by texasgirl because: goofed

ETA: I forgot to mention that we had 2 Dart rail employees isolate themselves because they had contact with Ebola. One of them was on the plane Amber Vinson flew on.
edit on 21-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

yes the virus in its current form will not get far,but the fact that it can evolve and the longer it has different human hosts and new environments to work in the bigger the chance of the virus mutating ....if it does mutate and spread it could potentially make the flu seem like childs play....

to the OP it is strange how all of a sudden the media hype started playing a different tune....and elections could just be a good enough reason

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So your saying you dont think cases are being kept quit because of the the potential negative impact to the Admin and the Democratic Party?

Granted ebola is being hyped but it kills 50-90% of the infected unlike the flu which maybe kills a few percent a year and most are young kids and immuno challenged people.

What happens when the numbers in West AFrica are in the 100,000 range or more and we are still flying them in? The stats will increase and the likelihood of a raveler having Ebola will increase.

Regarding ease of transmission so far 5% of the infected in AFrica where Health Care Workers and thats a very high number. In America so far its 66% (that we know of)

What negative impact? The DNC could use it as a weapon against the GOP for not allowing a Surgeon General to be named. As its is I think the White House has spent to much time talking about it. And while it might spread at decent rate in third world it will not here. Even Senegal and Nigeria have alread managed to beat it. Not to mention the serum seems to be working out pretty well and will be sent to Liberia in a few days. Did the DNC make up the fact that the nurse in Spain ended up fine, or the NBC camera man? Is the entire world on the DNC payroll? Ebola got play because it was new and exotic to Americans and suddenly everybody who sneezed or threw up was declared to have Ebola. Now people are getting more in touch with reality and the fear mongering with it is going away. The reality is Ebola is one of the last things people should be worried about.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Well the flu kills the weak...ebola kills all types. 4000 people in Africa is more than 2 times it has ever been in all of recorded history...and it is still going at least in west africa. I think ebola is a pretty big deal for multiple standpoints...one it is a deadly disease, it has to be treated so much more different than the flu...with level 4 containment centers which we are seeing many places don't have. Even at the minimum if hospitals just bought proper equipment globally it would cost billions.

And of course the slim chance it mutates into something worse. Ebola isn't over...and i think by the time its done we will see somewhere like 40 to 50k dead from it...mostly in west africa. I don't think it has been over hyped as much as it has been so misleading. The american media has made it like its our own problem in America...and the contradicting statements has been awful.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Its been played out, because of political reasons, the same way that Mr. ebola hack was appointed. To calm down the masses, hysteria and the bad rep that Obama had in the last few weeks with ebola.

Either that or ebola is actually not more than a hype and we are all SAFE.

Let see after elections.

The truth will set us free.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The truth will set us free.

OR KILL US!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

All of this reminds me of a book I read by a guy named Orwell published in 1949.
"Winston Smith, is a member of the Outer Party who works for the Ministry of Truth (or Minitrue), which is responsible for propaganda and historical revisionism. His job is to rewrite past newspaper articles so that the historical record always supports the current party line."
Yeah I think it's possible.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

For ONCE I actually agree with you on something.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I agree, except another reason could be they are hiding the magnitude of this crisis from the American people. Possibly to stall widespread panic once the truth comes out.

They can hide it only so long. I say all hell will break loose - if things are as bad as I believe they are - by Thanksgiving.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join