It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Profits are Down !!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Well that explains it then. I suppose I will just have to make my own from now on.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
"profits are down" means little honestly.

What was their Gross Profit Margin? Was that up or down? Was revenue up or down?

Some context would help. Because "profits are down" is such an abridged PNL report....

They hinted that global food sales are down....and McD's is a franchiser, which means they net revenue from royalties and product sales to the restaurants (each location buys its food directly from McDonald's distributors, i would presume). Since the corporation is a franchiser, it makes its revenue directly off the revenue of the franchisee's, not their profit. So labor costs (as mentioned by another poster) would not factor in. It seems that it is a direct correlation to sales/revenue.

In any event, oh well. If they operate at a net profit, then they will survive.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
McDonald's profits fell more than 30% last quarter.

Seems they're doing so good lately.

I wonder if they are trying to quell the minimum wage increase agenda?

But then again, if true, the losses would indicate bigger problems.

Could be a Global belch.

McDonald's Corp's - which has not given investors many reasons to sing the fast-food chain's "I'm lovin' it" jingle - on Tuesday said quarterly profit dropped by nearly one-third and warned that global restaurant sales will fall again in October.

Stock in the company, which attracted fewer customers during the third quarter, was off 0.6 percent at $91.05 in early trading.

McDonald's net income slid 30 percent to $1.07 billion, or $1.09 per share, for the quarter ended Sept. 30.

Tough U.S. rivalries, China food scandal pound McDonald's

Oh Oh !!

Profits are down on the burger side which does not actually affect Mcdonalds which is a real estate company they buy the land and then franchise the stores out to pay for the land so Kroc doesn't give a damn about burger sales, its only a matter of time until people stop buying there rubbish Kroc is the second largest land owner out of the corporations the catholic business is the biggest landowner.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

If burgers and fries aren't selling, franchisees have no money to pay their dues to the big office and both suffer until something gives.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I love how everyone hates on McDonalds...If I ATS was a representative of the wider population, I'd think no one eats McDonalds!

Hey... I fessed up.

There was a time that I would go through the drive thru about once a week for a large fry and Dr. Pepper. I'm not a health food fanatic and am almost underweight , so I have no shame in it. If I'm really hungry I can eat a cheeseburger with extra pickles.

I have not eaten there in months though, because in all seriousness... they screwed up the fries. I don't know how, but they taste different now and leave a film in your mouth. They were the best thing since sliced bread IMO.

I Love the Smeat thing earlier...

I quit eating at the "McSteakhouse" about a year ago. Quit. Won't. The gf stops once every two weeks after she does girl scouts and gets some nuggets, fries, and shakes for the kids before homework time. I wont even eat a leftover nugget or even fry.
Can't say I miss the house that Kroc built...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SomePeople

Also shows how the economy is getting worse and worse.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I have to be really hungry with no other option to eat (yes) the smeat burger. Everyone usually hates it when I say that, but I figure that's what it really is. It's not really meat (doesn't taste/look like the burgers I fix at home) as far as I'm concerned. I can eat it if I am hungry enough not to have to chew it thoroughly lol.

But all the burger joints are like that where I live. Burger King, McD's, White Castle, etc. if I cooked a patty at home that looked like that, I wouldn't eat it at all.

So yeah... I can see why their profits might be down.

I absolutely do not miss the burgers and I haven't touched their nuggets for at least 10 years. I know where you're coming from.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Check out the prices in the U.K £ 1 = $ 1.61

www.burgerlad.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join