It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Profits are Down !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well this is good news!

Maybe there is hope for us yet.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: beezzer

And I enjoy the occasional "chicken" nugget...*cringe*

The McDonalds near me is independently owned, and they really do try to have good service. They usually never screw up orders...unlike the Taco Bell across the street. With Taco Bell, I just throw money at them and they give me whatever they feel like giving me.

Most fast food chains are franchises. They are run with direction from the parent company (in this case McDonalds) and have a very low profit margin. But many don't either care or simply fail to realise this.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
We only made a billion dollars in profit last quater. Image having such a problems as a company. McDonalds has its ups and downs over the years but, they always adjust. And when a bad quarter is still a billion in profit I guess its easy to drop some cash and fix whatever you need fixing.

What needs fixing is bad food - they could begin there. The only reason McDonalds makes any money is because they're everywhere and people are lazy. One of them is changing and will affect the other, which in turn will change it's ability to fix anything at all.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SomePeople

That's the key. They're everywhere, cheap and fast (most of the time). I know people who will skip over pizza places to go to McDonald's because they feel it's better all around.

Yikes, McDonald's v a random pizza place. I'd choose the pizza place but still wish I made it myself.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SomePeople

That's 1 of 3 things that McDonalds does extremely well. 1- They are everywhere. 2- They are fast. 3- It's uniform. You know what you're going to get.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What they do not tell you is how much they spend every year on re- furbs for the stores ,new signs etc most of which are not needed just to change color etc the wallpaper alone is well over 1000 $ a roll profits down or creative accounting

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I eat McDonalds about once every month and a half. I like McDonalds. I eat the chicken nuggets too, so there...

I use to like it more though. I don't know if the food has declined in quality so much as the price has gone up. I personally think that their service has improved. There was a time when it was more like one poster had said about Taco Bell, I would just throw money at them and they would give me what they felt like giving me. Maybe that's a local thing. I don't know. I do really think the increasing price of the food is where they may be losing customers the most.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I love how everyone hates on McDonalds...If I ATS was a representative of the wider population, I'd think no one eats McDonalds!

Hey... I fessed up.

There was a time that I would go through the drive thru about once a week for a large fry and Dr. Pepper. I'm not a health food fanatic and am almost underweight , so I have no shame in it. If I'm really hungry I can eat a cheeseburger with extra pickles.

I have not eaten there in months though, because in all seriousness... they screwed up the fries. I don't know how, but they taste different now and leave a film in your mouth. They were the best thing since sliced bread IMO.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

No. Just no. The thing about Mickey's fries is the fat and salt. I cut that crap out 20 years ago.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Don't they still use lard for their fries? Or did they phase that out?

Either way, still unhealthy and if I want fries I like to make them myself. Still gmo potatoes but I get to season them how I want, control the thickness, length, etc. And not have to worry about what was on the counter lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Well, I don't do sweets and a lot of the stuff I eat is fat free. Not by choice, it's just what I like. In my mind that was my treat. You have to have some enjoyment on occasion and that sometimes includes salty, greasy fries... For some folks. They key is to not let everything you eat be that way.

But no worries anymore. I haven't had any in months, and don't guess I'll be having any in the future either.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with Russia closing down their stores left and right?

Russia is conducting a massive McDonald's purge

I bet that has hurt their bottom line.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I thought of that too. Does anyone know how much McDonald's makes/made in Russia?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Don't they still use lard for their fries? Or did they phase that out?

Either way, still unhealthy and if I want fries I like to make them myself. Still gmo potatoes but I get to season them how I want, control the thickness, length, etc. And not have to worry about what was on the counter lol.

Lard that is a blast from the past
that stuff tastes like crap have they not heard about vegetable oil for fries ,but all that G.M.O food is scary in the states even the beer has been nobbled

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Tell me about it. I stay away from fast food but I'm certain the food I make at home is just as deadly in ways. The only time I see lard is in the markets, it's sold in cubes wrapped in foil (at least where I am). I remember in the early 90s hearing McDonald's still used lard. Then I think they switched to something else (no trans fat).

I don't know but whether or not they use lard or cannola oil, it's still super unhealthy.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Haha, And guess what else? Sales of Coke and Pepsi are "flat" too. I never thought I would see the day. Are the 2 events linked? I do not trust the food at Mickey's anymore so I stopped buying their stuff a couple of years ago even though I was a huge fan of the Big Mac. There were too many unknown additives for me in everything, the bread, the nuggets, the beef and lord only knows why their fries never rotted even after hiding under you car's floor mat for ages.

story here

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

No. Just no. The thing about Mickey's fries is the fat and salt. I cut that crap out 20 years ago.

Have you tried their poutine? It's actually pretty decent.

All the stuff I read about their bad food, I feel like I'm the only one that eats their salad

Burgers are scary, but if you're on a long drive and need food that will taste the same in 3 days

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Gotta think it's because their a little retarded.

I was in mine here the other day to get the grand-kids happy meals.

A 10 piece chicken nuggets = $5.38
A 20 piece chicken nuggets = $5.00

what the hell ?!?!? lol

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

to address the fries issue.. .they stopped using hydrogenated fats.. .trans fats... a while ago and while it tastes different, I no longer feel slightly ill after eating them.

Trans fats, despite folks thinking the anti- trans fats folks are reactionary, liberal doo-doos, really are poison.

Good for Micky-D's ...

ETA and Deny Arrogance below has part of the story, too... the vegan fries sans beef tallow... yes, that is true as well.
edit on 10/21/2014 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

They made them vegetarian, so that is why they taste like crap now.

They used beef tallow back when they were good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join