It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Chief: 'Very Unlikely' Officer Wilson Charged In Ferguson Shooting...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

Who knows. That is a hypothetical question surrounding a actual case and really accomplishes nothing, other than further inflame peoples emotions.

There are people who habitually break the law and still get offended when a cop asks to see what's in the backpack.

I'm still waiting on what will be put out regarding this case, but yes, I am fed up with the tantrums that people throw over this.

Did Officer Wilson kill Brown. Yes, he did, and he has admitted as such and he believes that it was in the line of duty. And it will take a Grand Jury to determine if Officer Wilson "murdered" Brown.

So many people fail to realize that there is a difference between killing and murdering.

I've said it plenty of times before, I don't abide by bad cops and think they should be punished twice as hard as the average citizen.

But it also drives me nuts when people convict others based upon opinion alone.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
Do you think T-Dawg, that if Darren Wilson wasn't a cop, he would be prosecuted for murder? That is the question here.

I know if I shoot off some rounds, kill someone, there isn't going to be a "grand jury" investigation. They are going to lock me up, first and foremost, and then determine if they have the evidence to prosecute, after they've already filed charges.

So why do police get secret grand jury's and citizens go directly to jail?

That is a good question. but makes me wonder when was the last time a black guy was killed by a random person that 5 eyewitness' spoke up?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wiz4769

This is why the Ferguson riots started in the first place. Everyone involved, knew this would happen. There is virtually no precedent for prosecuting LEOs that fire in the line of duty. If the officer was afraid. That's what your life is worth. No one should have any expectation of anything different. They'll just keep taking until the people fight back.

FFS! transit police executed a black youth lying face down on the ground (RIP Oscar Grant). Not even suspected of anything. Just injuring a coward's ego.

Pretty soon you'll have to go home behind the prison walls to feel safe. Citizen mutual aid and self defense. It's coming.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
makes me wonder when was the last time a black guy was killed by a random person that 5 eyewitness' spoke up?

It has happened here in Cleveland a few times. Each time, the black guy was breaking into a house or trying to rob a business and each time the guy was killed trying to commit his crime. Then other idiots come out to defend the now dead brother.

They even got on the news in one case stating that it was clearly a racial crime, until they found out their son had broken into another black families house across town, who successfully defended themselves. Then it was crickets, and the reporters seem to vet who they talk to nowadays as well.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
Do you think T-Dawg, that if Darren Wilson wasn't a cop, he would be prosecuted for murder? That is the question here.

I know if I shoot off some rounds, kill someone, there isn't going to be a "grand jury" investigation. They are going to lock me up, first and foremost, and then determine if they have the evidence to prosecute, after they've already filed charges.

So why do police get secret grand jury's and citizens go directly to jail?

Depends on the state you live in. Here in NC there is a better than average chance that if you shot someone while defending yourself you will not go to jail at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
When there are so many cut and dry cases of police abuse, I dont get why you guys dont use those as your champion. Its not always a case of bad cop vs innocent. These are the exceptions and you know it. Everyone jumped on this story and now see they picked a losing battle and do not want to except it. You need to because this officer will not be arrested and charged as the evidence is proving this plain and simple.

I do not believe the riots will be any worse than the original in this case. If they drag it out a few more weeks it will be winter and will quell the amount of people acting stupid.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

New evidence now being released that Brown was shot close range twice once in the hand, showing that the officers story holds grounds that he was reaching for his holster and the officer shot his hand. Also, the shot to the head could only happen while he was moving forward. This is from multiple outside sources.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
All these leaks are just testing the waters so to speak. Slowly letting people know that it will be dropped and why. Of coarse some will never be satisfied no matter what. But they will keep letting out the info of facts are matching the officers story and finally before long that the grand jury has decided to not pursue charges.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I don't think the people protesting will even be able to comprehend the evidence from the investigation. People are so enraged I don't think these people can actually say that maybe the officer really did feel in danger for his life.

I've been so sick of these protests for exactly this reason NO EVIDENCE and just a bunch of people claiming to see what happened. how do these bystander know what happened at the police car? how did the office reach out of his car and choke a 6'4 300lb man from a sitting position in his police car? I hate that these people are protesting day and night without knowing the whole story.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ferguson is now on it's death bed and they will finish it off soon. It'll be on life support for a few years then it will go away. Same happened here Benton Harbor now everybody is starting to call it The Harbor to help it be reborn. It's nearly dead cannibalized by it's citizens till nothing of value is left. No more low income housing hundreds of empty lots more every spring after the winter fires.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I don't think the people protesting will even be able to comprehend the evidence from the investigation. People are so enraged I don't think these people can actually say that maybe the officer really did feel in danger for his life.

I've been so sick of these protests for exactly this reason NO EVIDENCE and just a bunch of people claiming to see what happened. how do these bystander know what happened at the police car? how did the office reach out of his car and choke a 6'4 300lb man from a sitting position in his police car? I hate that these people are protesting day and night without knowing the whole story.

You're missing the bigger point. These protests aren't really about Michael Brown, he was the tipping point. (That's a good book you should read by the way.) Just like the Rodney King riots weren't really about Rodney King. He was a tipping point.

What I mean by that is that they were the straw that broke the camel's back. Just taking Ferguson. There is a long history of racism and police brutality etc. If, the police and the community were in harmony and things were good, there would be no riots now. That's the bigger point.

These people protest the bigger, longer history and view. You should support them. None of us like police brutality or the militarization of our police forces or the lack of training our police departments get or how out of touch with the general population the police forces are and on and on. That's what's going on in Ferguson.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I 100% agree with you and that was the most alarming part of the beginning of the protests. I don't support militarization of our police force and I'm sure things aren't perfect in Ferguson. I am alarmed at the power that the police have and the equipment given to them.

BUT if these facts are presented and Brown is found to not be an innocent 18 year old walking down the street people will not support this cause. Its also really really hard for me to get behind this with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson spewing their rhetoric and collecting checks
edit on 22-10-2014 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I believe they have already reached a decision where Mr. Wilson is exonerated. I think that they are waiting as long as possible to make the "official" announcement until the weather gets a lot colder. In that case there will be less people to contend as they are more apt to stay in than during the warm summer months where more people are willing to roam the streets.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Looks like the original apple didn't fall far from the tree.

"Police investigating assault and theft following argument between Brown family relatives"
"The police report says that`s when an unidentified person with McSpadden assaulted Petty so violently that it resulted in a 911 call. A witness tells Fox 2 that the weapon was a metal pipe or pole".

fox2now.com...

My point is, it looks like all those connected with Brown only know how to settle things with violence.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

These people protest the bigger, longer history and view. You should support them. None of us like police brutality or the militarization of our police forces or the lack of training our police departments get or how out of touch with the general population the police forces are and on and on. That's what's going on in Ferguson.

If Brown were white there would not be much selective outrage. Everyone would be outraged.

Ferguson is only the fuse, and our Masters of Justice are about to light it.

edit on 23-10-2014 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
If Brown were white there would not be much selective outrage. Everyone would be outraged.

I doubt it would have been in the news past 24 hours, and there wouldn't have been any protests, nor outrage except from the family, who would be ignored.

There is no fuse in Ferguson waiting to be lit. Any who are hoping for such are just entitlement junkies wanting more free stuff and things to go their way without actually having to work for it.

This is a non story no matter how much the criminally inclined family tries to make themselves out to be the victims. I have no pity on these idiot protesters. The only thing they're missing are flowing robes and pointy hoods. Nothing but a lynch mob.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... story.html

Looks like its about a wrap on this one for evidence and facts all supporting Wilson.

This article even states they will not give their answer till next month, so it will be full on winter by then.

And this may warrant its own thread, but the only reason they want an arrest at this point is because that is the only way they can sue. Even if hes found not guilty as soon as charges are filed on Wilson lawsuits can start, just like in the Zimmerman case, the instant he was arrested, the home owners were sued and they got a million bucks. Not gonna happen this time.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's not about the dead guy that part is long gone it's about free stuff. They will loot and go home and be happy the next night they will go somewhere else to loot. They tried that here and they opened the draw bridges and went to bed while they burned their side of town. Rather funny really.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

[url=http://www.ajc.com...]

This happened yesterday morning in Atlanta. I am soooo exhausted with these people. How is making people late for work, endangering your own life. and pissing everyone off helping you cause? Why aren't these people at work?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

edit on 23-10-2014 by JDmOKI because: double post

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join