It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly-Found Document Holds Eyewitness Account of Jesus Performing Miracle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Tangerine

Actually Pal I am British and my country's history is quite well known to my, My ancestry though it includes Jew and Maori is mainly British and can be traced back to the native Celtic poeple's, secularism is an Idiots philosophy, let me quantify that for you if you can get those neutons cradle synapses to swing together a bit eh.
Religion provides society and social groupings with a common framework around which culture and governance can be formed, shared beliefs bind the social groups tighter together and create neighbour hoods with shared ideals and beliefs that help to cement a culture from it's lowest level to it's highest while providing a commonality and sense of national or group identity which enables progressive and shared beneficial advancement of that culture that is so tied.
Secularism is the attempt to demolish the shared beliefs of a culture and group so is more in line with the old addage of Divide and Conquer, the more tollerant religious groups are the first victims as they do not react violently to the secularists misguided agenda and so suffer from there more passive response but less tollerant religions are the actually beneficiarys of the Secularist movement as they move in and take over the now spiritually devoid and psychologically rudderless mass of the people often radicalising them as in Islam in the west today that has both capitalized on this faith vacuum and indeed prospered where previously the more tollerant relgion held sway so changing the culture into a chaotic and explosively fragmented society of people who now have no commonality and are at odd's with even there own neighbours.
I think you can see where I am going with this.
By the way Atheism is a religion what ever way you try to spin it but the least friendly of all religions.
Oh by the way I am most certainly not just a sack of long chain molecules and electro chemical reactions, I have both experiences as an individual and in the company of others paranoral activity of several types so you go your way and believe in your darkness (I can do anything I want and it all dog eat dog attitude of the atheist) and I will go my way knowing that what we do we will eventually have to answer for in some way be that a karma like reaction or some celestial judgement.
And as for America with it's founding fathers, they were actually referring to protestant, catholic and quaker and the hidden faith of the mason's but not Islam, or other religions so your modern interpretation is quite different to the spirit of the constitution by one hell of a way's.

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution is it indicated that the U.S. government is protestant, Catholic, Quaker, or Masonic or any other kind of religious government. The U.S. has a secular government. Give the U.S. Constitution a read and follow it with a reading the Treaty of Tripoli. Apparently, you're also unaware of the religious/non-religious beliefs of a number of the founders.

Who doesn't really know this around here? I know of christians elsewhere that do not understand this. Having said that this is no license. This keeps no ideas out of the mix. I will be dammed if I would ever apologize for being a christian in the political arena or otherwise.

And its was not that secular when we consider the phrase "endowed by our creator" in the Declaration or in the Bill of Rights "the free exercise thereof". Religious freedom was prized and respected when the deal was put together.

Besides you church and God haters are never going to find any comfort against religion in the constitution. When this country was founded, the republic all hands were on deck from pimps and prostitutes on up to Quakers and even a few well know agnostics. These days its much less like a Theocracy running this country as it is a bunch of screwballs, GQ boys, twits and just plain old idealistic fruitcakes.

I guess you never learned that the Declaration of Independence isn't the law of the land: the Constitution is. I know it twists your guts to realize that not everyone is under the thumb of your religion because increasing number of people have begun to question and think for themselves. It's not enough for you to believe as you wish and worship as you wish (no one is stopping you) so the resistance you encounter when you try to shove your religious beliefs down the throats or others and fail must be frustrating -- even frightening.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join