It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly-Found Document Holds Eyewitness Account of Jesus Performing Miracle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted or not, but ti is an interesting read. Especially for those who believe Jesus never existed.

Rome| An Italian expert studying a first century document written by the Roman historian Marcus Velleius Paterculus that was recently discovered in the archives of the Vatican, found what is presumed to be the first eyewitness account ever recorded of a miracle of Jesus Christ. The author describes a scene that he allegedly witnessed, in which a prophet and teacher that he names Iēsous de Nazarenus, resuscitated a stillborn boy and handed him back to his mother.

Source

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Oh well it's obviously not a miracle. The anti-Christian crowd will say he gave the boy an early form of aspirin or said abracadabra.

S + F, first time I've heard of this!

link   
its a fake, if anyone would bother reading the disclaimer on the actual site.

World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news.

www.snopes.com...

do your research next time. PLEASE.

link   
a reply to: ShakeNBake

So since some one wrote it on paper thousands of years ago then it proves it happened?
Care to say why that doesn't apply to other religions?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
sigh... Nevermind...

Get my hopes up...

edit on 21-10-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It most definitely applies to other religions. The media just wants everybody to think Christians think it only applies to them.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I seem to recall this story with a bit different subject matter but the same images of tablets or what you way call them. The images I think are not what they represent them to be or something. I remember the post came out right after news stories of a finding of no real mention of Jesus in anything but the Bible or something like that.

If true this is an amazing find. I recall no Bible stories of Jesus returning to life a stillborn.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The link is satire...

It's in the HOAX bin.

SO checked it out...Banned the link.

edit on 21-10-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I gotta eat my own crow here.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Well I commend you for admitting it was a mistake.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShakeNBake
Sorry guys, I gotta eat my own crow here.

you had to go to a christian blog to confirm what i already posted? thanks dude.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I see this has now been placed in the Hoax catagorie, As christians we should never require proof but of coure we are often the one's seeking it the most as we reach out to god constantly.

Still here is some genuine interesting information, some of the gospels date to the early second century so within a hundred years of christs crucifixion is possible, maybe as early as 125 AD when christ is generally though to have been crucified about AD 30-33 meaning they who wrote it could very well have met the apostles themselves face to face and there is some evidence that through correction they may have been working from an earlier master copy.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.evidenceunseen.com...
There is also some controversy about a possible first century fragment of a new testament gospel,
www.forbes.com...

I Believe and it is just one of those thing's a non believe can be persuaded to take it into consideration but a disbeliever can only hate and deny it as it is against there own belief or even faith.

Trying to persuade people with hoax site's though is harmful except in so far as it may spark debate.
edit on 21-10-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
its a fake, if anyone would bother reading the disclaimer on the actual site.

World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news.

www.snopes.com...

do your research next time. PLEASE.

That's never stopped them from believing pure rubbish before and it won't stop them now.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

At least people of faith's have an ideal to strive for.
Atheists see themselves as Animal's and they also see and project this BELIEF onto those around them, old folks under atheist care get bumped off in hospitals after being given a pill while they wait to go home or are in the ward putting them to sleep like inconveniant animals, they also infiltrate every facet of our government's and our society's today corroding and rotting them into a state of corruption and collapse.
If atheists want a country why don't then sod off and make there own like that bunch of loony's over in syria that way the rest of us can get on with striving to make a better future.

edit on 22-10-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Atheists see themselves as Animal's and they also see and project this BELIEF onto those around them, old folks under atheist care get bumped off in hospitals after being given a pill while they wait to go home or are in the ward putting them to sleep like inconveniant animals, they also infiltrate every facet of our government's and our society's today corroding and rotting them into a state of corruption and collapse.
If atheists want a country why don't then sod off and make there own like that bunch of loony's over in syria that way the rest of us can get on with striving to make a better future.

All humans are animals, mammals to be exact. That would include the Christians.

Christian delusions of paranoia and persecution are just that.

A little historical research would reveal to you the secular origins of this country. Of course, I don't anticipate that you will do any research beyond your religious group's approved reading list. I can't imagine a more appalling future than living under a theocracy yet that's what the Religious Right advocates. Christian Reconstructionism (aka theonomy/dominionism) is the underlying philosophy of the Religious Right. Read the Christian Reconstructionist websites and see for yourself.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Actually Pal I am British and my country's history is quite well known to my, My ancestry though it includes Jew and Maori is mainly British and can be traced back to the native Celtic poeple's, secularism is an Idiots philosophy, let me quantify that for you if you can get those neutons cradle synapses to swing together a bit eh.
Religion provides society and social groupings with a common framework around which culture and governance can be formed, shared beliefs bind the social groups tighter together and create neighbour hoods with shared ideals and beliefs that help to cement a culture from it's lowest level to it's highest while providing a commonality and sense of national or group identity which enables progressive and shared beneficial advancement of that culture that is so tied.
Secularism is the attempt to demolish the shared beliefs of a culture and group so is more in line with the old addage of Divide and Conquer, the more tollerant religious groups are the first victims as they do not react violently to the secularists misguided agenda and so suffer from there more passive response but less tollerant religions are the actually beneficiarys of the Secularist movement as they move in and take over the now spiritually devoid and psychologically rudderless mass of the people often radicalising them as in Islam in the west today that has both capitalized on this faith vacuum and indeed prospered where previously the more tollerant relgion held sway so changing the culture into a chaotic and explosively fragmented society of people who now have no commonality and are at odd's with even there own neighbours.
I think you can see where I am going with this.
By the way Atheism is a religion what ever way you try to spin it but the least friendly of all religions.
Oh by the way I am most certainly not just a sack of long chain molecules and electro chemical reactions, I have both experiences as an individual and in the company of others paranoral activity of several types so you go your way and believe in your darkness (I can do anything I want and it all dog eat dog attitude of the atheist) and I will go my way knowing that what we do we will eventually have to answer for in some way be that a karma like reaction or some celestial judgement.
And as for America with it's founding fathers, they were actually referring to protestant, catholic and quaker and the hidden faith of the mason's but not Islam, or other religions so your modern interpretation is quite different to the spirit of the constitution by one hell of a way's.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Actually Pal I am British and my country's history is quite well known to my, My ancestry though it includes Jew and Maori is mainly British and can be traced back to the native Celtic poeple's, secularism is an Idiots philosophy, let me quantify that for you if you can get those neutons cradle synapses to swing together a bit eh.
Religion provides society and social groupings with a common framework around which culture and governance can be formed, shared beliefs bind the social groups tighter together and create neighbour hoods with shared ideals and beliefs that help to cement a culture from it's lowest level to it's highest while providing a commonality and sense of national or group identity which enables progressive and shared beneficial advancement of that culture that is so tied.
Secularism is the attempt to demolish the shared beliefs of a culture and group so is more in line with the old addage of Divide and Conquer, the more tollerant religious groups are the first victims as they do not react violently to the secularists misguided agenda and so suffer from there more passive response but less tollerant religions are the actually beneficiarys of the Secularist movement as they move in and take over the now spiritually devoid and psychologically rudderless mass of the people often radicalising them as in Islam in the west today that has both capitalized on this faith vacuum and indeed prospered where previously the more tollerant relgion held sway so changing the culture into a chaotic and explosively fragmented society of people who now have no commonality and are at odd's with even there own neighbours.
By the way Atheism is a religion what ever way you try to spin it but the least friendly of all religions.
Oh by the way I am most certainly not just a sack of long chain molecules and electro chemical reactions, I have both experiences as an individual and in the company of others paranoral activity of several types so you go your way and believe in your darkness (I can do anything I want and it all dog eat dog attitude of the atheist) and I will go my way knowing that what we do we will eventually have to answer for in some way be that a karma like reaction or some celestial judgement.
And as for America with it's founding fathers, they were actually referring to protestant, catholic and quaker and the hidden faith of the mason's but not Islam, or other religions so your modern interpretation is quite different to the spirit of the constitution by one hell of a way's.

Religion is the performance of ritual on behalf of or in obeyance to a supernatural deity or deities. Religion is not necessary for a shared cultural framework that includes norms and traditions. Religion does not precede the formation of cultures. It follows. That's why the representations of deities reflect the ruling classes in those various cultures. That's why the ideals and rules promoted by the religions reflect the agendas of the ruling classes. It's like a parent telling their child that the Boogy Man will get them if they don't stay in the yard/garden or Santa will bring them a lump of coal if they don't behave.

It's interesting that you characterize that which you call the secular movement as being well organized and, thus, having a shared cultural framework including norms and traditions, thus disproving your claim that all that goes out the window when religions are pushed out the window. You're contradicting yourself and undercutting your own argument.

The "spiritually devoid and rudderless" people will become radicalized Muslims? Huh? One minute you're claiming that the "secular movement" is destroying any sort of shared cultural framework and, on the other, you're claiming that they're pushing people into/making them fodder for an even stronger shared cultural framework. You're contradicting yourself and undercutting your own argument.

Atheism is a religion like not believing in UFOs is a religion. Atheism is the position that there is no god/are no gods. Period. Are you assuming that I'm an atheist? Hmmm.

What does the fact that you have experiences/including paranormal experiences have to do with this topic? Please explain.

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution is it indicated that the U.S. government is protestant, Catholic, Quaker, or Masonic or any other kind of religious government. The U.S. has a secular government. Give the U.S. Constitution a read and follow it with a reading the Treaty of Tripoli. Apparently, you're also unaware of the religious/non-religious beliefs of a number of the founders.

edit on 23-10-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

You live in the house that was built by people of faith, you are intent on tearing that house down regardless of who else lives in it, you will live in the house you have earned and you know very well that I am right.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

All humans are animals, mammals to be exact. That would include the Christians.

Christian delusions of paranoia and persecution are just that.

A little historical research would reveal to you the secular origins of this country. Of course, I don't anticipate that you will do any research beyond your religious group's approved reading list. I can't imagine a more appalling future than living under a theocracy yet that's what the Religious Right advocates. Christian Reconstructionism (aka theonomy/dominionism) is the underlying philosophy of the Religious Right. Read the Christian Reconstructionist websites and see for yourself.

Yea sure any dumbazz knows this country had a good deal of secular this and that going on. Any other dumbazz should also know that a good many persecuted sects of christians came over here and founded cites, colonies that became states, greatly influenced the development ect.

And you know many are not worried about a theocracy, which is mostly a catchall buzzword shotgun for anything the secular humanistic atheists don't or cant appreciate. What many are mostly concerned about is the devolution into a weak pile of PC bullcrap that will rot this country out at the core. And we see the twitches twitch and jerk at the sound of "unalienable rights". They would destroy these rights because of their association with the Invisible man. This republic will be destroyed not by christians but by political bottom feeding humanist that lurk among us behind the mask of tolerance, freedom, ect.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution is it indicated that the U.S. government is protestant, Catholic, Quaker, or Masonic or any other kind of religious government. The U.S. has a secular government. Give the U.S. Constitution a read and follow it with a reading the Treaty of Tripoli. Apparently, you're also unaware of the religious/non-religious beliefs of a number of the founders.

Who doesn't really know this around here? I know of christians elsewhere that do not understand this. Having said that this is no license. This keeps no ideas out of the mix. I will be dammed if I would ever apologize for being a christian in the political arena or otherwise.

And its was not that secular when we consider the phrase "endowed by our creator" in the Declaration or in the Bill of Rights "the free exercise thereof". Religious freedom was prized and respected when the deal was put together.

Besides you church and God haters are never going to find any comfort against religion in the constitution. When this country was founded, the republic all hands were on deck from pimps and prostitutes on up to Quakers and even a few well know agnostics. These days its much less like a Theocracy running this country as it is a bunch of screwballs, GQ boys, twits and just plain old idealistic fruitcakes.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join