It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musician arrested after officer reads law allowing him to play in subway legally.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ChuckNasty

I agree totally...if that was indeed the case he should have stated it up front...and unfortunately will probably fall back on it in court.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Perhaps this will clear things up a little.

The MTA does not issue permits, and the rules he read aloud are accurate. But the MTA rules differ from state law, which says entertainers can be arrested for loitering in a transportation facility unless they were specifically authorized to be there.

I was wrong. They don't issue permits. There seems to be A LOT of confusion everywhere I've looked about this.

Source

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

The MTA does not issue permits, and the rules he read aloud are accurate. But the MTA rules differ from state law, which says entertainers can be arrested for loitering in a transportation facility unless they were specifically authorized to be there.

I was wrong. They don't issue permits. There seems to be A LOT of confusion everywhere I've looked about this.

Source

i think that sums up law entirely...confuse everyone and use it against you...if you have enough money to buy a good attorney then maybe you can beat your case! Good find by the way.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Agreed and thanks.

I'm embarrassed. I'm usually fairly adept at navigating legalese but failed pretty hard this time.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Always dangerous Assuming things about people on the internet that you know nothing about. I have personally filed dozens of legal actions in both State and Federal Courts. I very much know what kind of language is used son. Go outside and build a tree-house or something. You are way over your head here.

Hey ...just another example...in the post by domo....

As you can see...law is confusing...and since you so clearly explained how you worked on the federal and state level...then you should understand totally how federal/state and city laws conflict with each other...maybe you are in over your head..

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Musicians, street trams, whatever you wanna call them have been doing this for DECADES. NY is known for this type of thing.

Shoot how many NY movies you seen that show this very thing?

And this douche bag cop gets a pass here cause civilians don't understand the law?!

wtf?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

Personally? (And I'm sure I'll catch hell for this) If you live in NY in the first place, knowing how the cops are & the draconian anti-constitutional gun laws that exist there, it's kinda your own fault. That's how I see it, sorry.

I am not giving you hell as I do fully agree. But some of us are stuck behind enemy lines. If anyone wants to start a fund to get us out I am all for it. Seriously.. Perhaps we could reopen the underground railroad only turn the signs around and stuff?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: schadenfreude

Well from what I read in the statute....its going to be pretty hard to argue....it says not allowed for "artistic purposes"....sure we can argue all day long on what artistic purposes are as...the law is always written like this to confuse....

No it doesn't ....

The following nontransit uses are permitted by the Authority, provided they do not impede transit activities and they are conducted in accordance with these rules: public speaking; campaigning; leafletting or distribution of written noncommercial materials; activities intended to encourage and facilitate voter registration; artistic performances, including the acceptance of donations

edit on 23-10-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join