It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was talking about that flying club? Maybe they are at it again???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Flying Man

Several print news agencies reported this, but the biggest one was the Daily Mail and the rest were even less reputable than that. I know a lot of people take the Mail seriously, but I can't see how. It seems like the modern version of that Sun newspaper that used to run in the US to me. I'm sure yahoo is reporting a blogger who is pretty much just copying the Mail without any investigation whatsoever, but I can't bring myself to link them directly. Google it, it will be the top search result, their PR/Ad department seems to be very competent at its job.

So, am I now part of the sensational journalistic problem because I am just mindlessly passing this information along as well, when it is probably totally inaccurate? Most likely, it seems.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

From your link,

Subsequent flight data for the day revealed no paragliders, hot-air balloons, or skydivers in the immediate area, which suggests that the airborne man used some sort of wing suit. The official report for the close call found there was “no way of corroborating what they had reported,” though if it was an extreme sports wingsuiter – we’ll probably see footage on YouTube eventually.

Sounds like someone in a wing suit
Probably daring himself to get as close as possible to the plane

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
He probably fell out of the undercarriage.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Reminds me of this: A "man" seen in New Jersey dropping out of the sky, never found.

Mystery New Jersey

With this case (the OP's), I bet it was either someone with neat gear, an armed forces test or another flying humanoid (sighted allover the place).

I'd say my money's on it being The Rocketeer but they've been sighted for years.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

My whole thing is, if it was a wingsuit, where did he jump from since there was apparently no other aircraft in the area, I know you can go miles in a wingsuit but... I dunno... weird story.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Do they have the ability to track a human-sized object on radar? Would it appear as a dot, or wouldn't metal reflect it and show up? This doesn't make any sense.

They probably know who it was (probably one of their own) maybe a test, to show people "look what we have!", who knows... But I'm sure they have some leads on this if not all the facts.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

It was one of those US "crash dummies" used to explain(?) the Roswell Incident, delayed (in flight).

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

The Jersey case?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
there's already a thread about this

link
edit on 21-10-2014 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Reminds me of this: A "man" seen in New Jersey dropping out of the sky, never found.

Mystery New Jersey

With this case (the OP's), I bet it was either someone with neat gear, an armed forces test or another flying humanoid (sighted allover the place).

I'd say my money's on it being The Rocketeer but they've been sighted for years.

New Jersey? Was it over a swamp? Did the guy look Italian?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Someone put in the wrong coordinates while time traveling.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Can't really "Flag" this one 'cause it's just possibly bad info, as OG says, however, I can "star" OG 'cause I love accounts of flying humans sans easily explainable means of flight.

So thanks for bringing it here... at least... and there are many, many other accounts of humanoid shapes flitting around our skies... see the works of Fort and Corliss, for instance.

Wing suits offer a somewhat reasonable explanation... but less reasonable lines of thought include exotic anti-gravity tech, spiritual phenom, time travel, aliens, shamans, or some guy who thought the right "happy thoughts" and defied the law of gravity just because he could... weeeeee! Flying is fun...whooosh... who knows?

new topics

top topics

join