It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi was murdered three years ago. This is Libya now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

From whom do you receive this information ?

Look at how Libya was BEFORE Gaddafi.

Look how he spoke to the UN. This man was a true freedom fighter and martyr.

edit on 21-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I thought this was common knowledge...

Apparently not.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MGaddafi

I watched the whole thing.

in late August 2011, he was kicked out of the pyramid.

After his friends and supporters realized that he was toast they kicked him out like a drunk that couldn't pay his tab.

its not the first time...they did the same to Hussein and bin Laden.

they won't let anyone jeopardize the plan.

but they are all going to walking the streets like $5 crack whores before Christmas.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

Indeed people whom he thought were allies, completey betrayed him then had NATO clean up the mess (that the us started)
edit on 21-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

NATO doesn't clean up anyones mess. they take credit for good stuff and give the mess to the United States. they tried to save Gaddafi with airstrikes but it didn't work.

for the last month I keep getting attacked by viruses from Belgium...NATO can't be trusted.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

The helping of the USA to overthrow Gaddafi puzzled me, I remember when we (rightly so) bombed Libya during Reagen days as they were behind a lot of terrorist activity. But, the bombing seemed to humble Gaddafi, he stopped (as far as we could tell) supporting terrorists and even warned Saddam that the USA WOULD indeed go to war if he didn't back down, saying basically he was the living testament that the USA would back up their threats with bombs (back when we had presidents that actually backed up their threats!).
He was about the only dictator that 'sided' with the west after announcing he would no longer support terrorism and Libya was even removed as a terrorist country and no longer a threat a few years before the overthrow.
Makes you wonder who upset the applecart?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I remember this video from around the time it all kicked off in Libya.
There`s so much in this short video.
This was a invasion.
There`s an eye-opener in the 4 min mark than made me realise it was a set up at the time.

youtu.be...

The link works........just don't know how to post a video.
Its really worth watching so if someone can help out I`d be grateful !

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: papazen

And you know this how? Care to produce some evidence that this is the case. You know since there is a bunch of evidence in this thread that says you are wrong and likely have bought into the US propaganda machine known as the MSM.

You need evidence for me to prove to you that Gaddafi was a lunatic hated by his people? are you serious? Dude they stuck a stick up his arse !!!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: papazen

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: papazen

And you know this how? Care to produce some evidence that this is the case. You know since there is a bunch of evidence in this thread that says you are wrong and likely have bought into the US propaganda machine known as the MSM.

You need evidence for me to prove to you that Gaddafi was a lunatic hated by his people? are you serious? Dude they stuck a stick up his arse !!!

Yeah.....
As long as it`s HIS people and not " so called " rebels ".

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wulff

He tried to play by the western rules but quickly realized the threat to his peoples if he allowed the central bankers to move in to his country

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I saw this video , called 'The Creation of ISIS", linked on another thread, of the same name.

The video, in its depiction of Western-incited destabilization of the Middle East, briefly stories both Iraq's Hussein, and Gadaffi.
Especially interesting were excerpts of the leaders' addresses to the UN, and Arab Conference. Here are sovereign World Leaders speaking wholly for the protection of their nations, and history tells that their pleas went unheeded by the international community.

documentaryaddict.com...

Gadaffi's segment begins at 16:28, after Hussein's.
This link has the video, which after all is on You Tube. But other parts of the video depict bad violence.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

Like I said they tried to play by their rules but found out the end game.

Good find, this goes to show that when you ask the UN for help or aid you get bombs and death.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Gaddafi was no saint, but we had no business removing him.

In fact, the UN Security Council resolution specifically did NOT allow for regime change to be part of the bargain. This is one of the stipulations that both the League of Arab States and African Union said if they were to agree to it. The agreement also stated that there could be no weapons to the rebels.

France and Nato were caught dropping weapons to the rebels AND Gaddafi was removed.

If any of you want to know why nobody will sign on to a Chapter VI UNSC resolution, i.e. serious military action in Syria, it's precisely because the trust of many people was broken with the prior Libyan excursion. No joke. They don't trust Nato or a coalition to just stop the war and not try to remove Assad.

Also, the Iibyan situation was the exact moment when I began to lose faith in Obama, and I'm a liberal. I was sitting in China at the time working, and immediately thought: "I thought he said he was different and not a neo-imperialist."

originally posted by: daaskapital
Gaddafi was murdered close to three years ago, on October 20 2011.

Under Gaddafi, Libya was a prosperous and stable state. Its people were healthy, well educated, and enjoyed some of the best living standards in Africa. Its Human Development Index was the highest in Africa at the time, and even surpassed many other countries of the world:

Libya enjoyed free healthcare, free education and free medical supplies. The state embarked on campaigns to provide housing for all people, and even constructed a 'man-made river' which supplied water to key areas suffering from droughts and water crises.

While not everything was perfect under Gaddafi, there is no doubt that the overall condition of the country, under his leadership, was looking pretty well compared to other states.

Now?

Now, Libya is currently experiencing another civil war, three years after freedom and democracy were intended to be implemented. Radical Islamic terrorists control the capital city, Tripoli, and other key towns such as Benghazi. Islamic Emirates have been declared, Western states have evacuated its foreign diplomats, and two separate governments currently vie for control of the country. Egypt, Qatar and the UAE have all conducted military engagements inside the country, supporting one group or another. Pro-Gaddafi forces still fight for the ideologies and government once in control.

Libya is essentially a failing state, if it isn't already one.

Libya is screwed.

Once a wealthy and moderately healthy state, Libya is now no more than a radical Islamist's playground. Three years after Gaddafi's death, the democracy and freedoms of which were promised, are yet to fully arrive, and may never do so.

References:

www.theguardian.com...
www.britannica.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.water-technology.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
the problem with the posters on this thread, possibly the entire site.

is that the belief that the world is full of victims and no players.

Gaddafi was a man who lived...he played the hand he was dealt the best he felt he could. he made friends and enemies.

some of the things he did had to be accounted for...some enemies, one enemy perhaps, you do not want and he had.

the same world the current leaders in Libya are faced with...Islamists with Black Magic...Renegade Generals...Mercenaries...Opportunists.

no one is coming to avenge gaddafi except his son...who is officially a prisoner of War and possibly the heir to a $350 Billion fortune.

guns up...don't expect help because you're not getting any for free.

Propaganda is a joke.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

In his speech to the UN, he berated the Body for just this. The UN, he said, has failed to prevent 64 wars since its inception not long ago.
He points out that the UN's power works for the few rather than majority, and has repeatedly transgressed the limits of its own Charter.

The full text of Gadffi's address to the UN.

metaexistence.org...

He mentions many things, some unrecognized by history.
Presently, I came across this interesting paragraph..

Our handling of matters is actually wrong.
If the vaccination for swine flu is produced and there could be more flus of God or flus of fish then the factories that belong to the intelligence operate and they sell at a high price. This is trade. They produce a virus and they spread it across the world so that capitalist companies gain money from selling vaccines. This is shameful.
The vaccines are not to be sold. Medicines are not to be sold. You have to read the Green Book. It does not allow the selling of medicines. If we say the medicines are free and the vaccines are free and no viruses are spread because it is they who produce these viruses in order to produce vaccines.
That is how capitalist companies work. This is the wrong approach. You have to declare that medicines are free and not for sale.
Even if the viruses are real we should not sell the vaccines. They have to be offered for free.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
That’s because the ignorant wimp Obama (the Noble peace prize Manchurian candidate, phony progressive and liar) caved in to Hillary (Wicked witch of the West) Clinton and that scurvy dog Samantha Power (UN whore of Babylon.)

Obama knows he was suckered by the neo-con Hillary Clinton on Libya that’s why the modicum of intelligence he has left stopped him from attacking Syria last year in the sarin gas scam.

But he( as usual) caved in again with the 500 million to the non existent “moderate rebels” in Syria. Now they can destroy Syria as they destroyed Libya.

Obama NEVER fights for anything even when he knows its worth fighting for, so he caved in and let the murder of Gaddafi and his overthrow happen.

As he will cave in and eventually try to destroy Syria

I hope Iran and Russia stop them this time.

edit on 21-10-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

He's already using the ebola crisis to set up Africom bases. Thank god Nigeria closed it borders to them.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Obama NEVER fights for anything even when he knows its worth fighting for, so he caved in and let the murder of Gaddafi and his overthrow happen.

As he will cave in and eventually try to destroy Syria

I hope Iran and Russia stop them this time.

It's a damn shame that Qaddafi would need what would have been a 8 years old boy when he took power to save him in old age, when his own sons could not and are dead and prisoners.

Assad has destroyed himself.

Russian and Iran won't do anything.

i don't have any tissues for you.
edit on 21-10-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's funny to see so many versions of what happen. I wonder how many people on this site were really there & how many just got their info from CNN or RT.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: gorsestar

I can tell you exactly why.

The Gold Dinar

Gaddafi was going to convert and ONLY trade oil for gold.

~Tenth

this is it exactly....and funnily enough people still do not believe in a cabal of bankers that have a very real influence on the world we live in

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join