It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi was murdered three years ago. This is Libya now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: daaskapital

Thought I would add a visual…

I remember shortly after he was murdered, I actually read some of his work and researched him and his country and was shocked just how much BS propaganda the corporate media told about him. They made him out to be like another Saddam. I still get goose bumps when I read his UN address. It makes me real sad to see and know how he spent his last moment in this earth. Although not perfect, he was a true leader and really cared about his people. But in this world, true leaders are killed or slandered, and criminals are run amok.
edit on 21-10-2014 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't know much but one thing is for sure Gaddafi was hated and despised by his people and those who liked him either did it from fear or were well fed from his hand. All this BS about how great his country was under his rule with no electricity bill is just not the case or real just disinformation propoganda . The great majority of Libyans wanted him dead. Free electricity does not make people forget about torture, death and dictator oppression ...the guy was a piece of shiite.
edit on 21-10-2014 by papazen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You missed one of the big *FREE* items in your OP....FREE LOANS!! 0 percent...YES FREE! Hence the reason we got rid of him....To insert a FED bank there....Look deeper and you will find the real truth behind why he was hunted down and murdered..

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

S&F

Same could be said for Iraq

......and Afghanistan....Syria.....

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i also believe that it wasn't just the oil and trading in gold that caused the problems the west had with him. i think it was his wanting to unite africa into the United States of Africa, faster than it was going, caused the west and the ptb to see him more as a threat than just a nuisance.

edit on 21-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

(post by Agent008 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
So...are you criticizing the new Libyans for not being as skilled as Qaddafi at making things look better than they are?

I remember nearly every nation in the Arab Middle East collapsing around that time, why don't all of those nations look the same? I'd like to suggest that Qaddafi was a master of deceit, skilled at creating the illusions you credit him with.

his death only exposed what he was hiding and Libyans today have to live with it.

Qaddafi's response to the Arab Spring in his country was the overreaction that laid the groundwork for his legendarily brutal demise.

His refusal or contractual inability to compromise was his own undoing and the cause of Libya today.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
i also believe that it wasn't just the oil and trading in gold that caused the problems the west had with him. i think it was his wanting to unite north africa faster than it was going, caused the west and the ptb to see him more as a threat than just a nuisance.

Didn't he also refuse to join the " Mediterranean treaty ".......?
Or something like that...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

no he wanted it to move faster in the process than it was doing.

here is a wiki and a aricle for it

The United States of Africa is a proposed concept for a federation of some or all of the 54 sovereign states of Africa.[1][2] Former Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi, who was the 2009 Chairperson of the African Union (AU), advanced the idea of a United States of Africa at two regional African summits: first in June 2007 in Conakry, Guinea,[3] and again in February 2009 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.[4] Gaddafi had previously pushed for its creation at a summit at Lomé, Togo in 2000,[5] having described the AU as a failure on a number of occasions; Gaddafi asserted that only a true pan-African state can provide stability and wealth to Africa. A number of senior AU members also support the proposed federation, believing that it could bring peace to a 'new' Africa.[6] Alpha Oumar Konaré, former President of Mali and former Chairperson of the African Union Commission, spoke in favor of the concept at the commemoration of Africa Day, on May 25, 2006.[7]
United States of Africa

The Libyan leader Gaddafi wants the unification process of Africa to be as fast as possible. Though not everyone of the African leader gathered recently in Addis Ababa, for the African Union summit, would agree with him about the speed of the process.
Libya: Gaddafi and the 'United States of Africa'

i think that west and the ptb's saw it as a threat to lay claim and control the resources of africa and he was the voice pushing it.

ETA: i think it was kinda strange that within a few months( he was elected to chairman in Feb, the first protest was in Aug 2009) of him be elected as the chairman that protests started that led to the civil war.

here is a little piece of info people don't talk about much.

Throughout the conflict, rebels rejected government offers of a ceasefire and efforts by the African Union to end the fighting because the plans set forth did not include the removal of Gaddafi.[41]
Libyan Civil War

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yup you stated it well America's elites feared the Gold Dinar as that would fix Africa's economy.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambros56

originally posted by: flammadraco

S&F

Same could be said for Iraq

......and Afghanistan....Syria.....

And Yusgalavia.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
So...are you criticizing the new Libyans for not being as skilled as Qaddafi at making things look better than they are?

I remember nearly every nation in the Arab Middle East collapsing around that time, why don't all of those nations look the same? I'd like to suggest that Qaddafi was a master of deceit, skilled at creating the illusions you credit him with.

his death only exposed what he was hiding and Libyans today have to live with it.

Qaddafi's response to the Arab Spring in his country was the overreaction that laid the groundwork for his legendarily brutal demise.

His refusal or contractual inability to compromise was his own undoing and the cause of Libya today.

New Libyans? Illusions?

From what evidence we do have, i think it is quite clear that the country was much better off under the rule of Gaddafi. As was stated in the OP, people enjoyed free healthcare, free education and much more. Libya's HDI was vastly superior to many countries of the world. That is much better than what Libyans currently live with, a country split in three, with terrorists controlling the West, the government controlling the East, and pro-Gaddafi fighters controlling much of the South. I don't think everything under Gaddafi was merely an illusion, oh no.

That said, yes i am criticising the current leaders of Libya for not being able to hold a stable government and provide basic necessities for its population. I am criticising the Western powers who aided in the destruction of Libya, and the overthrowing and murder of Gaddafi, only to pack up their bags and leave the country to #.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: papazen

And you know this how? Care to produce some evidence that this is the case. You know since there is a bunch of evidence in this thread that says you are wrong and likely have bought into the US propaganda machine known as the MSM.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

You missed one of the big *FREE* items in your OP....FREE LOANS!! 0 percent...YES FREE! Hence the reason we got rid of him....To insert a FED bank there....Look deeper and you will find the real truth behind why he was hunted down and murdered..

Not to mention the 40 tons of gold that disappeared as soon as he was killed. But you are right Islamic banking forbids interest on loans.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Gaddafi was a true hero that gave his life for the well being of his peoples.

Read his Green Book for how he thought a country should be governed
edit on 21-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar

He was killed because he was trying to make an African currency. Every country that has tried it has been in our crosshairs now. Only Russia and China can stand up to us so we can't pull an all out war for their 'democracy'. So instead we do it by proxy with sanctions.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MGaddafi

Thanks for the input.

I am yet to read his Green Book, but i have managed to find some links to online versions. Perhaps it is worth sharing here for others to read it too. I have heard some good things about his political notes.

openanthropology.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Indeed its a good read but tere are hints of Marxisism in there but overall I agree with how he ruled.
He was the only Colonel to outrank a General

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

the illusions are all the things you listed...if this was the case then why did Qaddafi die like he did?

you think Libyans accepted promises from the west to do that to their own country when they were well taken care of?

Qaddafi probably had a secret...he destroyed his own country...it was not as you are trying to spin that event.

Nothing that happened in Libya from 2.22.2011 until 10.20.2011 happened because Qaddafi was a victim. He had a personal wealth of $400 Billion and felt that financing a fake apocalypse was well within his budget.

He gambled and Lost. NATO came to rescue a Doomed man...and failed.

He got what he knew was coming anyway.

His situation was no different that that of many who live today who probably now accept that their end has come and that no amount of spin and cash payments can save them.

They broke into the wrong House, the Owner has returned and the Party is Over.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
its clear that some people are living in the past because they have no other choice...their PERSONAL world has no future:

A little traveling music for you:

which is better...

I like the Skeeter Davis version better...

but they are both applicable.

Libya died because Moammar Qaddafi killed it while playing the lying games that were common in his time and among his friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join