It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama At Maryland Democratic Campaign Speech, Dems Heckle and Walk Out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The celebrity style 'Obama Brand' is poison for the democrats running for office.

President Obama made a campaign trail stop on Sunday in Maryland. He gave a speech in favor of the Democratic candidate for governor. The crowd was mostly black democrats. When it came time for Obama to give his speech, much of the crowd walked out. Obama even got heckled. This is a very different response that you'd expect from a demographic that gave Obama roughly a 95% support during his election.

Reuters

President Barack Obama made a rare appearance on the campaign trail on Sunday with a rally to support the Democratic candidate for governor in Maryland, but early departures of crowd members while he spoke underscored his continuing unpopularity.

With approval levels hovering around record lows, Obama has spent most of his campaign-related efforts this year raising money for struggling Democrats, who risk losing control of the U.S. Senate in the Nov. 4 midterm election.

Most candidates from his party have been wary of appearing with him during their election races because of his sagging popularity.

During Obamas Speech At Democratic Campaign Rally - (pictures of crowd posted w/tweet reports)

Despite the fact that Democratic candidates have by and large avoided appearing with Obama on the trail, Maryland Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown — who’s running for governor — was not one of them, Reuters added.

But as Obama spoke at the rally for Brown in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, near Washington, a “steady stream of people walked out of the auditorium,” Reuters noted, adding that a heckler also interrupted him.

The TV talking heads are discussing how Democrats who are running for election this cycle are avoiding being linked to Obama. Some are even refusing to state if they voted for him or not. They don't HAVE to, but usually a politician will proudly proclaim their loyalty to the party and/or to whoever their fellow party members are. Michelle Nunn won't say if she voted for Obama . Neither will Alison Grimes .

The NY Daily News states that dems are distancing themselves from Obama for this upcoming election.

President Obama spent Labor Day in Wisconsin, opening the campaign season in a battleground state with a tight race for governor — but the Democrat at the top of the ticket there was nowhere to be seen.

Mary Burke, who is battling to unseat Republican Gov. Scott Walker, decided to steer clear of Obama’s visit to LaborFest, an annual salute to organized labor held in Milwaukee.

She became the latest in a parade of Democrats in tight races who have tried to create space between themselves and a President with weak poll numbers.

And the Boston Globe is reporting that dems are using their money to run ads specifically distancing themselves from Obama.

Alison Lundergan Grimes has campaigned with former president Bill Clinton and Senator Elizabeth Warren by her side. But the Democratic candidate for US Senate has not appeared with the leader of her own party, President Obama.

Instead, it almost seems as if Grimes is running against the president. She has run a recent television ad declaring “I’m not Barack Obama” as she shoots clay pigeons from the sky. Calling him out by name, she tells voters in her conservative state that “I disagree with him on guns, coal, and the EPA.”

Obama, whose celebrity once filled large arenas, has not appeared with a single House or Senate candidate at a campaign rally this year, according to a database maintained by CBS News.

So, in staying true to his style, Obama threw them all under the bus ...

Obama - Democratic Candidates Fleeing me have 'supported my agenda'.

President Obama delivered a blow to Democratic Senate candidates looking to distance themselves from his flagging approval ratings Monday, saying lawmakers avoiding him on the campaign trail were “strong allies and supporters” who have “supported my agenda in Congress.” ...

The bottom line is though, these are all folks who vote with me, they have supported my agenda in Congress, they are on the right side of minimum wage, they are on the right side of fair pay, they are on the right side of rebuilding our infrastructure, they’re on the right side of early childhood education.”

Obama went on to say that his feelings weren’t hurt by Democrats reluctant to campaign with him. “These are folks who are strong allies and supporters of me, and I tell them, I said, ‘You know what, you do what you need to do to win. I will be responsible for making sure our voters turn out.’ ”

Interesting how it has turned out ....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/21/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It reminds me of 2008 when McCain was running. GW wanted to endorse him on the white house steps and MCain showed up late, I imagine hoping that the media had gone home.

George did a little dance for the media to keep them occupied.

But yeah, I'm not surprised that no Dems want an endorsement. People only approve of Obama behind closed doors now it seems.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I think that may have inspired a Saturday night live skit where McCain, palin and bush were in the Oval Office. Bush was wanting to step into a commercial for McCain saying "a vote for John McCain is a vote for George w bush" McCain was behind him shaking his head and waving his hands NO! Lol I thought it was hilarious and allways wondered how many votes that cost him.

Let it be known a vote for any of those dems is a vote for barrack Obama.

edit on 10 21 2014 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
It reminds me of 2008 when McCain was running. GW wanted to endorse him on the white house steps ...

I remember all that. And I remember Bush43 saying that it was okay if people didn't want his endorsement. He says that even now. He doesn't go do campaign speeches for republicans. Bill Clinton gives campaign speeches for folks, he's still well liked. But Bush43, and now Obama ... not so much.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They are just showing that they will do whatever they can to win. When it was good for them to back Obama they were all over it, and now that he is on his way out, they want everyone to think that they never agreed with him.

And if the dems win it will be business as usual.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I'm honestly wondering what Obama is going to do with his time once he ages out of office.

It's going to be hard for him to find his place post presidency if you ask me.

2016 is going to be a RED election though if you ask me. I hate to say it, unless the GOP come up with somebody sane to run against Hillary or Warren, the dems aren't going to control any part of government for the next 6 years.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

He will makes paid appearances and give speeches.... and play golf.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I'm honestly wondering what Obama is going to do with his time once he ages out of office.

My guess .. he's just going to be himself. He's going to sleep in, play basketball, hang out with the guys, smoke whatever, and go back to Chicago and start attending his Black Liberation Theology 'church'. He'll start saying what he really wants to say but has been held back because he's been in office. I don't mean he'll say it in speeches .. he'll just let it rip. That's my prediction. Clinton maintains a presidential stature after office. So does Bush43. But Obama ... I'm thinking he can't maintain it. It's already slipping ...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

That's just it ... the article shows that his strongest supporters (black democrats) are even walking out and heckling him. Who is he going to give a speech to? His adoring fan base is disappearing.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

That's just it ... the article shows that his strongest supporters (black democrats) are even walking out and heckling him. Who is he going to give a speech to? His adoring fan base is disappearing.

I think there are enough big money goofs in Hollywood to support a few speeches.
The people walking out were not Richie Rich, they were regular people that know BS when it is blown their way.
edit on b000000312014-10-21T10:33:37-05:0010America/ChicagoTue, 21 Oct 2014 10:33:37 -05001000000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

they are on the right side of minimum wage, they are on the right side of fair pay, they are on the right side of rebuilding our infrastructure, they’re on the right side of early childhood education.”

Every single presidential wannabe uses these exact same heart strings to tug at.

When will people stop to realize that this is just rinse and repeat politics while nothing gets clean? These are programmed triggers to get people hoping once again. Next speech..."Taxes lowered, Guantanamo, Iraq, ISIS, Russia, Bring soldiers home...."

Obama used the same lines 7 yrs ago...and yet?

People just don't remember anything.

Peace

edit on 21-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

But Bush43, and now Obama ... not so much.

I really don't believe in the presidential election system. There's no way the voters can wind up with a choice between junk candidates over and over ... let alone the re-election of two of the worst duds the world has ever seen in American politics.

And even though he's verbally bowed out at least once, Romney ... who "lost" to Obama ... is being heavily pressured to run again. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but Hillary lost to Obama too. What's the dealio?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Honestly, I think there was something else to the people filing out. Like they wanted to get out before the rush hour started or something. They knew he was going to be there. Why would they bother going if they didn't want to see him? That would mean that the candidate for almost-governor (or whoever it was) was the main reason they went there. Something doesn't seem right about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but Hillary lost to Obama too

Not only lost, but he was pretty much an unknown and not even expected to make a showing against her when he surprised her in Iowa. If there is a case for rigging who wins the nomination, this would be it.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I refer to election season as lying season.

That's all these fakers do around this time of year. They tell lies from one side of the country to the next. They are actors that read from a script.

Its really an endurance race for lairs and cheats.

I'm waiting for a candidate to walk on stage, kick the teleprompter over, tear up the script and look directly into the camera and say "The lies stop here!".

Sadly I dont think that will happen anytime soon. We will have the same circle jerk of candidates with empty promises to "vote" for the next few generations.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

...and look for the real killer? LOL.

Seriously though, Allison Grimes, who won't say whether or not she voted for Obama has bigger problems now. Now her opponent, Mitch Mconnell, is running ads which feature one of her staffers caught on hidden camera,apparently speaking of her constituents, saying " She's going to fu@# them after the elections".

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality

"The lies stop here!"

They all do that.

And then they get voted in...while the lies continue with new ones added.

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
a reply to: Digital_Reality

"The lies stop here!"

They all do that.

And then they get voted in...while the lies continue with new ones added.

Peace

Your messing up my fantasy!
Unfortunately your right.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

It reminds me of 2008 when McCain was running. GW wanted to endorse him on the white house steps ...

I remember all that. And I remember Bush43 saying that it was okay if people didn't want his endorsement. He says that even now. He doesn't go do campaign speeches for republicans. Bill Clinton gives campaign speeches for folks, he's still well liked. But Bush43, and now Obama ... not so much.

Interesting you say that, Bush has been in hiding ever since he came to Dallas. He won't comment on any politics whatsoever and stayed away from the Ebola hysteria here.

Obama gets what he deserves.
edit on 21-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Every single presidential wannabe uses these exact same heart strings to tug at.

All American politics can be summed up as such.

Just whisper sweet nothings in the mobs ears.

Promise them the moon.

And deliver them NOTHING.

8 Years of Hope and Change, and it has literally been nothing but more of the same.

The biggest problem with Americans today.

Is they place 'hope, and faith, and change' in the WRONG places.

As a wise man once said:

Be the change you seek.
edit on 21-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join