It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighted Over Campbelltown N.S.W Australia During Recent Lightning Storm -Oct 13th 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hi folks .

I came across this by accident today while getting a coffee from my local , As an independent investigator this got my attention straight away.
My area is a UFO hotspot and is pretty well known among the UFO community for its activity .

During a recent storn a UFO was captured on video by some locals who were taping the lightning in the area, I believe they were using some sort of slow motion capture in order to snap the lightning after which during a replay they noticed an object enter frame and shoot out again.

This story was in the paper and i have the article for those of you who are interested .

The Benge family captured a flash of an unidentified object while filming last Monday’s wild storm and lightning strikes at about 7pm. But when they replayed the footage, the family members were gobsmacked by a mysterious flash of “something” across the screen.

The video and the news story is in the following link, personally im not sure what it is but on a side note there is some interesting cloud activity that was photographed and is on the news page .

Link to Daily Telegraph article

Im glad i found this and will have to get copies of the article for my own records .
Thank you for your time everybody .

-Omega

edit on 21/10/2014 by Omega85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Is there a second source for the video? It won't play for me?

Interesting find, the still frame of the object is very reminiscent of a lenticular cloud, but the families description of movement dispels that.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Omega85

Nice lightning capture. Lens flare from the lightning is quickly followed by a blurd.

Below the video appears a hux of a giant "frisbee in the clouds".

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
That is so obviously a bird....
All that click bait article for a bird. Sheesh.
Surely there are more exciting things to put in a newspaper? Slow news day? Go out and speak to some local scientists, listen what they are researching. There's thousands of them out there - stories just waiting to be told/discovered. Urgh.

originally posted by: Caver78
Is there a second source for the video? It won't play for me?

Interesting find, the still frame of the object is very reminiscent of a lenticular cloud, but the families description of movement dispels that.

I'd value that families description of movement a big fat zero.
edit on 21-10-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yeah according to the paper there were people saying it was a Magpie .
Then some were saying it is a machine .

Ill have a look for other vids of it , cant find any atm though .

-Omega

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Thanks! It's Appreciated!!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I would debunk this as a insect BUT Apparently it's not a good move..

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RayVon

I would debunk this as a insect BUT Apparently it's not a good move..

Yah it is. Those are called Blugs.

Blurds, blugs and blets are genuine.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

During a recent storn a UFO was captured on video by some locals who were taping the lightning in the area, I believe they were using some sort of slow motion capture in order to snap the lightning after which during a replay they noticed an object enter frame and shoot out again.

The first video at the top of your link?

Coming in from the right and moving across to the left?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Nice video of an insect flying right in front of the camera..

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Too big for an insect .
Id say the people saying its a bird are pretty close .
Id like to know what the other people saw on the night though .

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Yeah , i think thats what they are are talking about .
Sadly.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Omega85
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Yeah , i think thats what they are are talking about .
Sadly.

A great example to show in a thread about how UFOlogy gets discredited, with some of the stuff said in the article its no wonder many get ridiculed for believing what they read, here let me quote something from the article

It was unlikely it was a bird ­because of the speed, and the family insists it was quite a distance away, discounting the suggestion it was an insect.

What was the speed, they don't say, just allow the reader to assume its amazingly fast as it seems in the video hoping a simple concept such as perspective and distances from camera will be forgotten about because of the apparent wow factor the article tries to give.

But they add its not an insect because of distance even though the paragraph prior in the article says the family didn't see the thing until they viewed the film, how did they calculate it was far away?

You see what I mean with such cases that make UFOlogy a laughing stock?

Sorry to the family in the article but this is a joke to any serious UFO researcher.

new topics

top topics

join