It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate discosure episode! Wow!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Im watching an episode of stargate right now in which a civilian is able to produce a live alien, (a "thor"/Asgard alien/Gray) He produces this living being to the media and the world is in awe. Of course the goody two shoes sg1 are trying to find out whats going on and trying to cover it up.
Has anyone seen this episode? What do you think would be a realistic result of this scenario in real life?

[edit on 9-12-2004 by instar]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well, first I goto say is I LOVE Thor

If all aliens are as cool as him!!!!

In case a disclosure by a corporate party is initiated with evidence like that and there is technology to make it look fake(like the did in Stargate, have Thor help them trying to make it seem like the alien was a hologram) then thats what will happen.

The thing is, its more likely that a goverment or private person to do a disclosure and having themselves discredited by a corporate party then the other way around.

Black Ops are mainly corporate projects, with even the US president not knowing about it or even having clasification for accessing data about it.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
What do you think would be a realistic result of this scenario in real life?

I think in real life the defense contractor that cloned the alien DNA he obtained to make a mute, brainless copy of Thor would call up his special ops girlfriend then be taken off world and shown all the good the secret stargate program does and eventually convinced to retire on another planet after it's revealed that rogue elements in his own company are trying to kill him...in real life.

Then I bet the next week T'ealc gets trapped in a video game!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
LOL...any other spoilers for us Rant

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Are you in Australia?

I'm watching that episode as we speak
[damn adds]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volksgeist
Are you in Australia?

I'm watching that episode as we speak
[damn adds]

Yeah mate im in sydney! G'Day!

p.s C'mon guys, just for the fun of it, suspend disbeleif/ humor for moment and imagine someone really presenting a living Et being to the media!
Its an awesome thought.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by instar]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It would be awesome, right up until the alien version of the SAS show up to get their hostage back heheheh.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
LOl Alien SAS! Funny. OK lets make another assumption (for fun) the ET being is voluntarily revealing itself. Whats the worlds reaction? what do you think when you see this live on the news? flashed around the world?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yea, the Asgard are totally cool. Anyway, does this really have any relivance as it hasnt and probably wont happen (im a fine one to talk) but if it were it would give birth to a whole new wave of ufoligists and conspricy theorists not to mention being hell for the gov.

That wasnt a ver good episode.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Not being an SG fan I don't know the episode but if you follow Farscape I think the did a fairly accurate job on how man would react to disclosure in season 4 I think.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It kind of reminds me of a few years ago when that twit of a Pheonix Mayor had a press conference about the UFOs over Pheonix. Then he brought out a guy in an alien suit.

What happened to that guy? What he did was offensive and inexcusable, even for an elected official...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
yer i watched that episode, what was the go with the photos he had?? were they photos of a battle that happened above earth or something?? one of my friends were saying that it happened in the spin off to stargate called Stargate:Atlantis or something like that... does any one know about that??

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Obviously we can't escape the gravitational feild of the stargate episode here, to discuss a hypothetical real life event. Close the iris!

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
hahaha nah i didnt mean battle above earth in REAL LIFE!! u know like in the show??

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
LOl 2012timofy, I was tryin to get a discusion going based on a hypothetical real life event. Lets pretend it happened in real life and you saw it on the news on tv. What do you think people would do/think?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
What would happen if TV shows the alien???
I believe that in the beginning there will be a lot of confusion - different agencies will try to dismiss it, it will be big discussion about "media hoax".
Than it will depend how credible evidence will be presented, and which channels will cover the story.
If big fishes like CNN go into it and proof that this is a true story I think a lot of people would panic -there would be kind of mass hysteria going on, especially in different religion groups. I suppose new churches will appear and a lot "Armageddon" prophets...

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
well mass histeria i think would be faily probible, considering there are some religions out there that argue against other life in the universe... mix religion with politics and u get a war, but then its kinda hard to say what would hapen.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There is a possibiltiy that if they landed some lunatic would try and kill them, then we would have a massive war, world government, NWO, No Freedom, blablabla. Yep people would go crazy. People sueing (sp?) other people cause they didn't believe, emotional damage, etc.

btw Thor is what we New Zealanders call a Legend (Super Duppa Awesome)

If they did say, yup yup Aliens exist and it was all public, I would try and get a job as a diplomat, or some other job that involves contact with them.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I know this thread is old but in my searching "Thor Stargate" I came across this thread. I happen to be watching this episode right now. It's called "Covenant" and I like it!

I love this show and Thor is my favorite character.

There are some episodes and things that they say that make me go hmmm.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I know this thread is old

Nah, it's not that old. I mean, it's not like you deliberately went out & bumped a totally pointless 7 1/2 year old thread or anything like that.

new topics

top topics

join