It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary: Dark Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Now the documentary has absolutely nothing to do with Aliens really.. except for one spot... which was the oddest part of the WHOLE film..
If you haven't seen it; its about a sort of civilization underground of homeless people (below NYC, the AMTRAK tunnels)..... Now throughout the whole film the residents say a few "stupid" things, they also smoke crack, (some of them) So you could obviously discredit right there.. but the whole situation was akward which I'll get to.. First I'll explain the whole setting underground first...

They crawl in from a hole in the concrete, down into a dark underground area where the AMTRAK train things run, down there they had little shacks built... nice little cosy homes... (if you could get past the rats and garbage), but they have full electricity .. with rooms, tv, small fridges and freezers.. just like a no rent civilization, just no running water (though they did have it at one point) they shower from a broken water-main... now some of the residents are said to have lived there for upto 20 years (is the highest number I heard mentioned) 20 years... some of the people living there have been there 20 years.. (that was insane to me, to begin with .. ) Now the weirdest part of the film now that you have a feel for it..

There was one scene, where there was one individual (can't remember his name right now) but he was showing pictures of his pets, and his roommate was sitting and commenting on the animals and remembering them and laughing and what now.. first he showed a cat, and the camera man commented something like "Is the cat good at eating the rats...?" implying, is that the reason you have a cat... and the homeless men joked and were like "Yeh he's not that good though," and then his roommate comments yeh he ate lots of rats, then the homeless man with the pictures holds up a picture of his other pet (a mean looking dog.. ) and continues "Now he was good at eating rats", and the other homeless man comments "Yeh, he was good at eating Martians" and then first the guy holding the pictures says "SHhhhhh...." followed by another off camera person saying "Shhhhh...." as well as someone else... and then there was awkward silence for a bit, and the scene cut to another.. It was the oddest thing really throughout the whole documentary..

The conclusion to the film was they were all evicted and the place was cleaned up, my question is, what is the place used for now?
and why was everyone so weird about the homeless guy saying the Dog ate martians. .. it was real odd, like they were saying like ... "Shhhhhh, Don't tell them that, they'll definately think your nuts.."
it is a good place to go for specimins and not being noticed...

anyone else seen this documentary, or anyone have any ideas?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Sounds like a part out of Deus Ex(game)
The mole people there lived in the NYC abandoned subway and other tunnels.

But hey, Deus Ex was quite correct about everything "history" in the game

I would love to go down in the abandoned tunnels and stuff under NYC, lord knows what all you can find there.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
No, I did'nt see the show, however this guys commits on Martain seems to be legit, regardless of the drug use or otherwise. Considering also all of the others wishing to quiet him on that topic. Living underground for 20 plus years tends to lend a chance to see what others don't. I think I recall reading something on Tunnels Under N.Y. I would be nice to have someone in a private interview to expand on that topic further without ridicule. More so on the events were the Dog was mention, were there more then a one time event or others...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole
No, I did'nt see the show, however this guys commits on Martain seems to be legit, regardless of the drug use or otherwise. Considering also all of the others wishing to quiet him on that topic. Living underground for 20 plus years tends to lend a chance to see what others don't. I think I recall reading something on Tunnels Under N.Y. I would be nice to have someone in a private interview to expand on that topic further without ridicule. More so on the events were the Dog was mention, were there more then a one time event or others...

It was all just one occurance.. he only said the dog ate martians instead of rats.. .. that was all he said at all, then everyone said Shhhhhh, and it was awkward then cut to another scene.... just Real weird is all I can say about the scene.. like I think I could even hear the camera man telling him to be quiet... darn weird is all..

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
fascinating indeed,

I'd love to see that documentary. Is there a place whare I could download it from? Story seems interesting and worth researching.

[edit on 9/12/04 by MiTo]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiTo
fascinating indeed,

I'd love to see that documentary. Is there a place whare I could download it from? Story seems interesting and worth researching.

[edit on 9/12/04 by MiTo]

UMMMMmmmm suprnova.org, and I have it

[edit on 9/12/04 by dnero6911]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
dnero6911, as could be expected.. thanks for the link! The Camera guy commits were not expected unless he knew going into this.. Something different, I guess for good coverage they left that in, if this happens to be the case to discount that occurence... To many eyes are wishing to express what they have seen. But can't, for reasons that have been mention. On Top of that, as a result of this interview, they have lost prime property to exist on... 20 years... Damn! ( I know for health reasons this happen.. no reason to argrue that point)

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
``

it actually sounds more like the scamps were 'Goofing' on the interviewer!

you know, an inside joke, by a couple of nutty hermits that live like
survivors of a calamity in nyc catacombs...

$?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
``

it actually sounds more like the scamps were 'Goofing' on the interviewer!

you know, an inside joke, by a couple of nutty hermits that live like
survivors of a calamity in nyc catacombs...

$?

Naw, that seems like the furthest from the truth... it was weird.. all smiles left their faces after his comment..

top topics

join