It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden searching for a Russian sub ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I haven't followed much on it, and basically have dismissed all of it as "Swedish paranoia". Until I came across this article...

en.ria.ru...

Now, I am beginning to wonder if the search in Stockholm isn't a search for the above sub that "may" be heading towards the black sea. As in this article, it is plainly stated that US warships are in the black sea.

www.dailykos.com...#

If I read the two articles above correctly ... the US is going to start a war against Russia, starting in the Black Sea. It's building up it's Naval presence for this purpose.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I saw it on the news yesterday, some civilians photographed a submarine submerging. And they asked the Russians who denied it, but the Swedish military confirmed they has intercepted a radio broadcast in Russian from somewhere unknown...

So I mean, it could be them testing how far they can go without being detected... but then again I think about how the Americans put subs in Sweden to appear as Russian subs, to try to coerce Sweden into NATO. Makes you think

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Yes, the Russians said it was a Dutch sub... but then, they will all deny it, until they find. Although if it's a Russian sub I think the Swedish naval forces should take it easy. After all, Russians are their neighbours and are highly unlikely to "sabotage" their own route, so to speak. However, a dutch or an American sub would be something to worry about, as they are "likely" to sabotage a Russian submarine route.

But then, this could be the Russians trying to see how far they can hide. Or it could be NATO, searching for this sub ... but I'm alarmed at how people are willing to "escalate" this game. As it appears that this "stealth" sub is headed for the Black Sea in answer to the US putting War wessels in the Russians back yard. And I "think" they were on the "lookout" when this Sub would leave St. Petersburg to try and stop it, or register it in some way, so they could more easily detect it. So, my "fears" are that Sweden is playing the dumbon here.

Also in light of this article...

Article

Which states that the Russians should stop ignoring the signs, and act.

edit on 21/10/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I have seen this debate on twitter a former journalist whose a freind of mine and source is laughing at the claims by his own country.

This what he said.

Frontpage Expressen.se Everything from sleeping agents to aggressive Putin. And still no submarine in sight

Mystery solved : Yesterdays 'Spetsnatz frogman ' turned out to be an old fisherman #Sweden media hysteria:Expressen

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

edit on 21-10-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Well, I know that there is hysteria, same as anyone caught puking is associated with ebola (which is a shame because I throw up every day) - but the real question is, is hysteria created to direct people towards a certain action, or is it just illogical panic? It could be manufactured. Afraid people are more easily manipulated.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I did dismiss as hysteria, until I saw the stealth sub ... but I am certain it's manipulation of the public, to make the public "scared" of Russians.

It's McCarthy era II.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
There are a couple of threads already about this....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's been tossed around it's the usual incident of "normal spy games" gone wrong, or Sub in distress??

edit on 21-10-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

Plus this has happened before Near Stockholm in 2011
edit on 21-10-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The best way to look at most of the propaganda , and that is what is coming out of msm is to use as much salt as it takes .I know that , it would be nice to be able to think that we should be able to trust what they say some times but I have found as soon as you do it becomes shame on me .

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I had fun with it. Russia blamed the Netherlands... They unfortunately knew exactly when their subs were where. In the old times he wouldn't have bothered to say if it was or wasn't one of his... So still interesting, maybe a Swedish test to see if Russia wants to go back to the good old aggressive times?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well, this is hardly WW 3, but anyways...

This has been so blown out of proportions, it's a complete farce, a joke. There are like 10 news and updates regarding this incident in the local media here in Finland, every day since the initial spotting.
The theories are (among others):

An exploded Russian nuclear sub.
Russian mini subs.
Diver in "special" gear..

...and the answer is..(just in btw).. a Russian "messaging-buoy"..viestipoiju in finnish (don't know the exact word in english).

Here is the link to the news, but it's in finnish...
News (in Finnish) about the search for Russian submarine

Something in these lines;

Commander, ret. Jyrki Berner estimates, which can be Aftonbladet reported by the Russian-built transmitter, which allegedly launched a major operation in the Stockholm archipelago.   Aftonbladet reported on Tuesday afternoon, the surface of the increased Russian-built messaging device is the reason why the Swedish defense forces launched a massive search operation in the weekend in the Stockholm archipelago.

According to the newspaper the Swedish naval vessel found Friday in the Stockholm archipelago of the object, which was a Russian viestipoiju.

Swedish Armed Forces Commander, General Sverker Göranson not, however, confirmed the information about Russian Aftonbladet article.

- I know, it is a misunderstanding. Warship yes collided with an object, but it was just a light buoys, General commented.

Commander ret. Jyrki Berner estimates that if the newspaper reports are true, it may be a Russian monitoring device that collects monitoring, tracking and signal information.

- Probably close to the time I hit when I doubted that the purpose is to collect the bases of returning to the ship äänimagneetti- or agent signals. But I have not seen the device, so it is impossible to say, Berner says.

Similar monitoring equipment can be found in Berner, according to several a year, Finland's coast. Accidentally device is unlikely to be sucked into the coast of Sweden, the commander believes.

- All the monitored under the water, off the water and the air. If there is another territorial waters, as such activity is prohibited, Berner says.

Berner, the second option is that it is a submarine escaped viestipoiju, which allows a submarine communicates with its base or vessels that receive the messages.

- Viestipoijun is to keep in touch with their base.

According to Aftonbladet, a naval vessel found Friday in the Stockholm archipelago of the object, which was a Russian viestipoiju. According to the newspaper, it had been attached to the water, got loose and floated to the surface, a source tells the magazine.

- Patrol Boat 90 was the first to come across an article that thought submarine, a source tells the magazine.

The object has a size of about half a meter. It was taken up in military and is now under investigation.

google translation
...so now the real sub can float away in peace

edit on 21-10-2014 by puolikuu because: translation

edit on 21-10-2014 by puolikuu because: edit

edit on 21-10-2014 by puolikuu because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2014 by puolikuu because: more edit

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
As I said, the news on this are coming in faster than I can post them here

Could not find anything in english about these latest news, so here comes another brilliant translation (using google);

Stockholm archipelago, the search now includes divers, tells Dagens Nyheter.
Published in the magazine picture of the divers, but it does not show the place where the photo was taken.

TT news agency says that the searches are concentrated in the southern parts of the archipelago. The search area is close to the sea Muskön base.

Commander ret. Berner says Jyrki Evening-Sanomat that divers participation of searches indicates that something has been detected.

- It is quite sure. Something has been found. Either the submarine is messy, and lets see who is behind it or it has been found in the bottom of something else, which you should check Berner says.

The Swedish Armed Forces hold a press conference in Stockholm, at 19 Finnish time.

Earlier in the day the Swedish Armed Forces Commander Sverker Göranson said that if the submarine can be found in the search for something, the military is ready to proceed as far as necessary. This will also be found if the search for the submarine.

- Always armed force until use. There is no doubt about it, he stressed.

Göranson said Sweden also had informed the searches of the neighboring countries and the NATO military alliance.

- We have been in discussions with our Nordic neighbors, as well as with the other together with our partners. It is necessary, Göranson said.

Link to source

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is silly, here we go again. Two more sightings apparently

I'm not sure if this is wise. I'll be updating all night if I keep posting about it here, more divers, balloons, subs, chinese lanterns etc...

The public has become two new observations "underwater activities," in Swedish waters. The committee said the Swedish Army Rear Admiral Anders Grenstad a press conference a few minutes ago.

Grenstadin According to reliable observations of the general public has so far five songs. He says that the Swedish army, however, do not have their own reliable observations.

-We find These findings are very credible, Grenstad said at the press conference.

Among the new findings do not Grenstadin that no footage.

The Swedish army will continue to search warrants in the Stockholm archipelago on. Grenstadin that are looking for to citizenship "is not defined".

source

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Already a bunch of posts about this subject , could the Mods do something about it , people want to share information , so if needed i put my information in multiple threads.

Looking at the way the MSN covers this , i get a big sense they want this story buried.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Looking at the way the MSN covers this , i get a big sense they want this story buried.

Well, not in scandinavia, it's all over the news 24/7, But as nothing significant has been found so far, it's actually not big news, though there are some mystery to it, for example the russian tanker that has been circling the area in the sea outside the search for 5 days now.
CLICK ME ( Google translated )
The story tell's it's the mother ship of the sub.

Not to mention that the russian news tells that sweden has called of the search, which is far from true.

CLICK ME (Google translated)
edit on 21-10-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Yes, would be great if there were a way to merge the threads..

What do you mean?

This is all I read about, no matter what news source here in Finland. I bet it's the same in Sweden...
Besides, I get the feeling that this has been blown out of proportions and context. Men in black on the beaches etc...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I had fun with it. Russia blamed the Netherlands... They unfortunately knew exactly when their subs were where. In the old times he wouldn't have bothered to say if it was or wasn't one of his... So still interesting, maybe a Swedish test to see if Russia wants to go back to the good old aggressive times?

To be fair there have been incidents where Russia is violating the Swedish Airspace so they are a bit aggressive.
www.reuters.com...

But then the US are also violating Swedish Airspace

For instance US spy plane violates Swedish airspace to escape Russia jets.

The Swedish newspaper DN reported that the US spy plane entered Swedish airspace without permission and flew as far as the island of Gotland. Only after it passed over Gotland, the spy plane turned southwards to enter international airspace.

However, the US plane – a four-engine Boeing with sensitive receivers for detecting radar signals and other electronic emissions – violated Swedish airspace for a second time as it flew over east of the island of Oland for some minutes.

The Rivet Joint crew had asked Swedish authorities for permission to enter Swedish airspace but were denied entry.

www.presstv.com...

www.svd.se...

But försvaret (Swedish defense) will probably get the money they want now for new equipment. They have been very angry that Swedish people and politicians do not care about all the toys they want to defend Swedish borders. Försvaret is a border patrol organization not for real large scale defense or offensive. The best defense from Russia for Sweden is to not be part of Nato and be non violent since non aggression in this case make us a target you cannot attack and win on the propaganda battle. If Russia attacked Sweden it would be an internal security nightmare where Putin would loose all the support from the Russian people.

As long as we do not find oil in Sweden we are probably safe from US aggression also.
edit on 21-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Good to hear it is getting covered in Scandinavia , Here in the Netherlands not so much , even though a few Naval vessels from the our navy are in the area the responce from the government is : we know nothing , our ships are accounted for.

Yes i heard about the Tanker , the theory behind it makes sense , using a tanker as a logistics hub for sub operations , a dutch article and other members pointed out another vessel the Professor Logachev , so i did a quick search on saturday and found it has equipment for dept research such as sonar and other ways of underwater detection.

www.soundocean.com...

Maybe just a lucky coincidence , it is due to Las Palmas , and stopped sending data to vesselfinder not far from where it supposed to all go down on the 19th at 12:38 UTC.

www.vesselfinder.com...

Interesting considering the current conditions like a underwater search , maybe it is something maybe nothing , who knows.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

According to Wikipedia there has been 20 violations of airspace
in Finland between 2009 and 2014. That sounds like a lot, but these
are very common occurences.

In a way yes, it's aggressive politics, but that's just what is is.
Russia flexing some political muscle, business as usual.

But it's not only Russia. Sweden and the US has also violated Finnish airspace. In fact, of the 20 above mentioned instances, only 9 were Russian.

I'm having a hard time finding similar easy-to-chew statistics about violations of Swedish air-space, but that's just the thing. We have a lot more transparent media here in Finland. We know about these things, they are not secrets, they are not scary.

Here is the link to the wiki page. Jibberish unless you understand Finnish, but the point being that this was the first hit when I googled "Violations of Finnish air-space" (in Finnish, ofcourse), and the list is pretty conclusive.

Wiki link to Finnish airspace violations

That said (and trying not to drift from topic), ofcourse any violation is to be taken seriously, but why not just discuss the matter diplomatically instead of summoning all that manpower, all those helicopters and ships just to make you look silly in the end, again.

edit on 21-10-2014 by puolikuu because: edit

edit on 21-10-2014 by puolikuu because: added link

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Now it's also in the air. NATO sends fighterjets from Latvia after Russian intelligece-plane.

On the twitter account of the Latvian army they say that some F-16's has taken off in response to a Russian Il-20 plane being spotted over the Baltic Sea.

Hmm...lots going on.
edit on 21-10-2014 by puolikuu because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2014 by puolikuu because: minor edit

top topics

<<   2 >>

join