It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of federal workers on extended paid leave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Looks like they found a new way to pass out extended vacations and get paid at the same time.

You're placed on "Administrative Leave" pending the outcome of a review for "mis-conduct" or something like that.

Maybe a new way to show "Favoritism".

It's a schlock operation to say the least.

Tens of thousands of federal workers are being kept on paid leave for at least a month — and often for longer stretches that can reach a year or more — while they wait to be punished for misbehavior or cleared and allowed to return to work, government records show.

During a three-year period that ended last fall, more than 57,000 employees were sent home for a month or longer. The tab for these workers exceeded $775 million in salary alone.

Thousands of federal workers on extended paid leave

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think it's time they get fired, lose their homes, possessions, families, everything. They do it to American citizens. They enforce laws they're immune to. And this will go on for how long before people wake up and realize just because it happens to someone else doesn't mean it doesn't matter? The planet is mostly too comfy to rebel. The power still works, smart phones still light up and the media flows like mead. Until then they'll sit back, continue to get oppressed and think "F the system" unaware it comes from both ways. S + F.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They ought to be treated like you or me

Suspension with no pay until after they are cleared, if they are found to be innocent

But why am I not surprised

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The private economy experienced a huge contraction and many lost a lot, but the public economy never experienced a similar contraction. It's time that bubble pops. I'm tired of my taxes carrying their bureaucratic dead weight.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Facepalm!

You know how hard it is to get disability? Law Enforcement seems to get the same benefit.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Can we at LEAST stop paying pensions and Secret Service protection to all the presidents that are undeniable mass murderers?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A friend of mine was put on Administrative leave and when he questioned what it was for, they told him it was a process. Even the Union guy said the same thing. Allegedly it was for being cruel to co-workers yet the people he worked with, ones listed as witnesses, knew nothing about it and they told him that there was nothing he said that was wrong. We think it was an attempt to have him retire, he can retire with a pension. With his health issues, it is better he retire anyway, maybe they are doing him a favor. He put in for his retirement and the whole thing will be going away after he retires. It was just a way of forcing him to retire.

They tried to punish him for not getting all the work done on a job before, the State found some paperwork that was not completed fully. The job was good, but the paper trail was inadequate. His boss blamed it on him, but there is no way he could complete all the stuff working on the job by himself. There was supposed to be two guys on the job. The boss got reprimanded for this and my friends name was cleared of wrongdoing, there was supposed to be two guys on that job. So the boss tried to push him to retire. It worked.

So this is what happens, the buck is passed down to the regular worker and if you don't take the punishment, sooner or later you will be punished. I have seen this happen quite a few times in my life, it is actually a common practice. The people who are being put on administrative leave in this article, half of them probably did nothing wrong except to challenge the system and not take the blame for something they had no fault in. You do what the boss says and if the boss gets caught, you need to take the blame or there are consequences. That is just the way it is.

The other half of these people were at fault probably and the punishment was deserved. We can't put them all in the same boat though, one shoe does not fit all. The new justice is injustice. I will not say these people should be fired because I do not know all the circumstances. I just know how it is in the real world, the young will learn this when they get older and see it happening in their workplaces.
edit on 20-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

The tab for these workers exceeded $775 million in salary alone.
I have always wondered how you Americans can do it ?? Not only that but all those military bases spread all over the world .Throwing millions of $$ to terrorist groups . Remember all the pallets of money that were shipped into Iraq ? Heck you guys even pay Canada's X Prime-minster's a retirement salary .Probably the same thing for other countries . How do you do it ? shakes head ??

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

The tab for these workers exceeded $775 million in salary alone.
I have always wondered how you Americans can do it ?? Not only that but all those military bases spread all over the world .Throwing millions of $$ to terrorist groups . Remember all the pallets of money that were shipped into Iraq ? Heck you guys even pay Canada's X Prime-minster's a retirement salary .Probably the same thing for other countries . How do you do it ? shakes head ??

We print money up out of thin air. It's all just ones and zeroes on a computer; want a trillion? Done! Click, click. It's grand being an empire until the Ponzi scheme falls apart. Then you have to have false flags, and blackmail (and spy on) everyone in sight, and play a game of Russian Roulette with your 'allies' and enemies alike.

Wanna know something else weird? All the money, real money, that people work hard for, and pay in income taxes to the IRS, is only going to pay the interest on the debt; turns out the IRS is the collecting agency for the Federal Reserve, which is a criminal organization that took over the U.S. Government by silent coup back in 1913. We work hard and about 25% of our real money goes to maintaining our slavery.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

now where have i heard that before....ah yes...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I hear you .It becomes quite scary when you play this thing finally coming to a end .But it also is a comforting thought that when it does end ,most if not all the wars will stop and local groups will come together to start pruning and planting things that will benefit future generations .It just may be that this dark cloud have a very silver lining ...peace a reply to: signalfire

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder how many in the military are on paid leave as well for misconduct or whatever it may be?

How many federal employees?

Like a couple hundred thousand?

And 57 thousand on paid leave?

Wow.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join