It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just words.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
My liberal

The eye lowers its gaze and sees a reflection in a dark puddle on the grey ground. It doesn't seek to find the lackluster image of self looking back. It cant look away though.

The eye blinks and an eternity passes. It doesn't want to open up to what is revealed. The light is too bright. The darkness too inviting.

Against all instinct the eye opens a sliver. A crack in the darkness shatters the peace in fear justified. Light comes pouring in and forces the eye to open full gaze.

It takes a while for the eye to adjust to the change. It is blind in its confusion. Soon it realizes that there is warmth. Suddenly the cheeks begin to feel warm. Blood is flowing. Lips shimmer in the resplendent sunlight and a smile cracks the tomb of the solemn face. Lungs fill with fresh air and laughter erupts like an unstoppable volcano in full eruption.

The hands slide from the sides and rise up with even the fingers acting like individual souls reaching for the open sky. The blood flows freely and the warmth radiates smoothly.

The cold feet buried in the tainted dirt begin to lift and the first step is taken. Then another. The skin feels the fresh breeze as the past ages of nothingness chip away, like a statue coming to life and shedding its stone skin like a hard boiled egg its shell.

The body is now running and nothing can stop it.

It is free again.

Then the eye sees the silhouettes of others, and the heart begins to long for them. The body runs eagerly towards them. When it gets close it is in the presence of frozen sadness hiding from its silver lining. Instinct over comes the body.

The sad broken men like him before are hiding in the inviting darkness. Hiding from the blinding light. He sees the chains draped over them, he notices the walls surrounding them and the pathetic puddles drowning them in their scared pathetic reflections.

The blood boils. The heart is filled with something else. The body seems far away now. There is something else. The soul now roars like thunder over this abyss.

The man, the whole man, body heart and soul is on fire. He thrashes at the chains of the frozen sadness of the others. He breaks the chains that weigh them down like anchors into drowning in their puddles of miserable loathing. Oceans come over him, bristling oceans of life sweep over the mans muscles now strong and angry and he breaks the chains.

His naked fists he throws at the walls that bind the sickly silhouettes of the darkened men. His bloody fists he chips away at the damned walls that keep them like prisoners. His bones he shatters against the solid walls he is at war with. When his fists are eroded away, his limbs he throws at the walls. When his limbs are gone, his body he throws at the walls. When his body is gone, his very soul he thrusts against the walls like a cannon firing his very heart at the heart of those cursed walls.

When he is no more, the walls fall. His spirit looms over the statues of sad men. He moves closer. He pours his joy into their sadness. His tears of joy he fills with their tears of sadness. Their eyes lift up and see the reflection before them.......

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Wow! Powerful and nicely done!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I can just imagine Morgan Freeman reading this over a slow ballad style indie rock band riff. You have an awesome way with words!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

HA!

That would be awesome. I wish there was a Morgan Freedman app for life. I swear I would read more if I could hear text I am looking at in a Morgan Freedman voice...lol

a reply to: Night Star
Thanks. I am glad you liked it!

Have a good one guys.
edit on 10 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman's voice says some odd things in my head.
-Voice of Morgan Freeman:
"Dog sh!t a flea.
Dog sh!t a minner (Southern pronunciation of minnow)
Dog sh!t a catfish big enough for dinner."

I think this bottle of wine I married earlier is working some form of magic on my internal dialogue.

new topics

top topics

join