It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALMOST tricked into a credit card...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I was at a clothing store...checking out a fleece for my 2 year old. The lady calmly asked, with a smile of course, if I would like a "club card" that could save me 15% on my purchase and that EVERYONE has one! I continued. She asked for I.D. and my bank card, assuming of course it was for the ease of entering my information without me saying it aloud. Then she asks me to please enter my net income...If it wasn't for me having to enter my net income I would have not even questioned where this was going. Annoyed I asked her if this was for a credit card. She SIGHED deeply as if she was annoyed!!! This angered me and I asked her if this is how they train employees. She said they call their credit cards "club" cards because the credit card is through them and not an outside credit company...whatever lady. I've been in probably thousands of stores and not ONCE have I ever heard them disguise a credit card with a much nicer sounding name. I felt a little betrayed as a customer and more like a number that day. Not to mention that fleece was the same price as an adult fleece that was the exact same material and design....I'm going to start making my clothes out of duct tape.
edit on 20-10-2014 by InfinityandBeyond because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Lol, i made wallet out of duct tape once, my money kept sticking to the residue.

Honestly, how can anyone believe in credit these days? Without comprehending the damage that has already been done to the economy? I've never given a credit card a second thought. I'll pay cash....

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This exactly how Kohl's department store tried to get me into a credit card. What store was it that did it to you?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The clerk gets a bonus for every sheep they talk into one.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

Honestly, how can anyone believe in credit these days? Without comprehending the damage that has already been done to the economy? I've never given a credit card a second thought. I'll pay cash....

Same here....we cut up our cards a long time ago

It blows my mind how many people will pay the 20%-25% on a total of say $5.00
Many don't carry cash around, not even for McD's
Crazy

The only card we have is a pre-paid one that we only put on there what we need to, when we need it

Tired of Target and Home Depot and the likes getting their security hacked and worried about your personal information?
Use cash instead....problem solved

People are getting to dependent on 'electronic' money

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

What a little deceitful liar! Retail businesses push their sales people for numbers, numbers, numbers! It's that type of unrealistic push and unrealistic goals that cause sales people to term a "credit card" as a "club card."

I use to work for a major bank that allowed illegals to open bank accounts with foreign ID. Many bankers would open fake accounts for nonexistent humans to bump their numbers up. Makes me sick.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Same here. I don't do banks and I don't do credit cards. I carry cash or I use a prepaid card where I will put the amount I need on it and immediately take it off.

Credit cards have got to be one of the worst inventions EVER. They will ruin you before you even realize what has happened. Like so many... I learned the hard way.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

What clothing store? What country?

Having a hard time believing this. If you don't say what store, why not? If it's true you shouldn't have to worry.

I think you're making this up. If not, we can look it up and get mad, or think that the employee was fudging things because employees get rewarded for getting people to sign up for credit cards and savings cards at EVERY major retailer.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

If you can handle your money, you can handle a credit card without it becoming your lord and master. You simply use it smartly.

I have a card from a business with their name on it but it is backed by one of the major CC companies. The feature of why the business has this card under their name is that it offers one-percent credit back on anywhere I use the card and about double that when I use it in their stores.

I pay all of my typical, household bills with the card. This allows me to pay them by computer within a few minutes and saves the ever-increasing cost of stamps mailing a check or going in person to pay in cash. Plus, the price of replinishing my supply of checks seems to have gotten out of hand in the last couple of decades and I cringe whenever I have to order new ones. While I must use that earned credit in their store, that is not a problem in that I like their stuff, and use the credit every few months go reward myself with a present.

Oh, and I pay off the card every month and have not paid one penny in interest on it or two other regular cc's that I have.

I understand the need some people have to only use cash. Some need the limitations of that method to keep their impulses contained, others simply live that way by choice as they feel more in control. I would advise, however, that having a cc as a backup in your pocket can provide a nice backup up when an emergency of any sort requires you to pull out more physical money than you carry.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Nice pic!
Credit cards just can't work in our society, people are to stupid and actually think they are not spending money when they use it. I do have a credit card but I pay it off fully every month.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have learnt to have two different systems to use my credit cards. The first is a store branded credit card which is backed by that stores finance company. We get cashback and rewards and pay the card off in full almost immediately after we have spent the money.

The second uses two cards. One is a cc I got to re-build credit ratings after going through a bad patch a few years ago (I paid back every penny I owed, it just took me 18 months longer) and I pay that off using a second which occasionally offers a 0% offer. I limit the total spending so that I can pay off £100 a month and be zero balance before the end of the free period.

Credit can be a curse or a blessing; it just depends how you use it.

top topics

join