It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identify the perpetrator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
A crime was committed this weekend. As we slept peacefully in our tent on a cozy air mattress, dastardly villains raided our campsite and devoured our stores. The scene was ghastly! A pristine loaf of bread was eaten from the center out. A bag of Chex Mix was mercilessly decimated. Even the mocha almonds were not spared as the vandals raided our supplies. I tell you, it was hideous.

We attributed the carnage to some oversized squirrels who had been chattering above our heads on the walnut trees all day. But then, I found this: Exhibit A.

Circumstantial? Maybe. Do you think the evidence will hold up?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Chupacabra? In my youth, I chased down a baby raccoon with an axe for climbing into my tent and stealing sunflower seeds from my shirt pocket. I didn't have the heart to hurt it once I realized what it was, but it scared the bejeesus out of me. Having something physically pilfer your person while you sleep is more than disconcerting. It was harmless after all. Number one rule of camping: secure your food well and don't sleep with any food.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Either the back foot of a really large raccoon or a really small black bear. I'm going with raccoon due to the elongated toes. Are they always that big in Cali?

Raccoon Tracks

edit on 20-10-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
Chupacabra?

It MUST be!! My only other theory is that a pair of aliens disguised as masked furry bandits with ringed tails controlled our minds, forcing us to abandon our camping protocol and leave our comestibles unguarded. (Or, maybe it was the beer.) I fear that they will return one day, after such an easy conquest. No, no, not the probe!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Either the back foot of a really large raccoon or a really small black bear. I'm going with raccoon due to the elongated toes. Are they always that big in Cali?

I think they were aliens disguised as raccoons. We saw them the next day, and these critters were the size of dogs. Then again, we were staying at a cushy, Bear Grylls-type campsite where they bring your firewood on a golf cart. I have a feeling that they're well-fed. But still:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Ha, ha! He/she left its mark. I believe that paw print means: "I'll be back!"

Going with racoon.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I agree it looks like a healthy raccoon paw.

Must be pretty good at breaking into pickanick baskets

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
As posted above, raccoon prints. The tell-tale human-type finger marks. They're dextrous, smart and work as a team. Using ingenious methods to open garbage cans, etc, they rival the black bear in barrier-breaking barbarianism.

I remember neighbors in my old town having wooden bear boxes. Not a chance. Mama and her cubs are hungry, they can and will bust that box open, regardless of the lock.

Raccoons also scrounge around for food with their hands. They use touch. If it feels wet and slimy, it's most likely food. That's how they dig through trash, containers, garbage pits, drains, etc.

I recommend buying bear containers (they come in different colors). I wouldn't rent them, just to be sure.

I was upstate last week and wow, along the highway more raccoon roadkill than I've ever seen.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think it was the nanobots that are actually too small to see with the human eye... UNLESS they pull a Voltron, coming together for a larger purpose. That's why you see the raccoon track. Had they not melded, they would not have left a trace.

Thank goodness it wasn't a bear! You have to be careful with your food in the wilderness. Today a raccoon (aka nanobot revolution), tomorrow... Sasquatch momma dressed like a bear.

It's terrifying really.

I hope you had a good time. Nothing revitalizes you quite like getting back in touch with nature from time to time!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Guten Morgen- That was "Randy and the boys" if You can get down to game #3 or #4 or #5 and chat with "Timmy" (He'll be in the G-Men's bullpen..) He'll be able to fill You in on "them" He usually heads up near Mt. Shasta after the season on His way home...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Mystery solved.

top topics

join