It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post: Tea Party Supporters Primarily Rich, White Racists

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Seems the Washington Post ran a story by a blogger who apparently works as a "professor" for a University in Europe that was founded by none other than Progressive Billionaire George Soros.

The piece attacks the Tea Party of all things !!

I thought the "Tea Party" was no longer a threat to Liberals?

Maybe they are.

Looks like somebody is trembling.....

Soros is of course one of the most notable Progressives that endorses and financially supports Corporatism worldwide.

Interesting story;

Liberal billionaire activist George Soros doesn't like the Tea Party. Now a professor at the university he founded has publicly attacked the group in The Washington Post, claiming Tea Party supporters are primarily old, white, upper middle class, and racist.

Erin K. Jenne, an associate professor at Central European University (CEU), wrote an article which appeared in The Washington Post’s Monkey Cage blog on Oct. 19. Jenne painted the tea party as a radical group advancing policies “that would make Barry Goldwater blush.” She claimed that surveys show tea party supporters “have somewhat more negative views of minorities” and are “overwhelmingly white, middle-aged to old, slightly more educated and slightly higher income than the median American voter.”

Jenne went on to explain why she thought the Tea Party had radicalized the conservative movement. Employing a “text analytic technique,” Jenne said transcripts from the Iowa Caucus debates proved that Tea Party candidates had moved the GOP “further to the right” from 2008 to 2012. She seemed horrified that conservatives running for president now “openly” campaigned with messages “broadly hostile to the U.S. government.”

Washington Post: Tea Party Supporters Primarily Rich, White Racists

Who Else is Afraid ?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This'll be an interesting thread.

*chuckle*

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The "mockers" are messaging each other right now.
Too bad that is against T&Cs now...Beezzer can use a laugh.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

LOL - could not agree more..............in before the games start.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Any opponent of the Dems is a threat

Like wise, the same can be said about Rep. too

Tit for tat between these 2 groups
Never ending story......

That being said, I thought the Tea Party had kinda dropped off the radar for a while

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The rich and white thing I sort of get, but racists? Come ON! You can look at someones bank account. You can look at someone's skin color. These are objective. But, how do you determine who is and who isn't racist? You don't. You fall for the race baiting lies of jesse jackson and al sharpton and ferguson protesters and you make an ignorant, ironically bigoted assumption. Get real people. Liberals never cease to amaze me how stupid they are and how low they have to strike to make people believe they are relevant.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I dunno about the rich part. Supporters as in they throw money at fooling people into believing they too stand a chance to be rich someday? Supporters as in those who vote for tea party candidates? Both? That's a pretty broad brush either way.

Other than that, I don't much care what some blogger says

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I went to a Tea Party rally. It did look a lot like an old fashioned Sunday School picnic.

There were lots of families with young children. There were lots of young adults, as well as older adults.
So as far as agism goes, the post is being quite ageist when it says otherwise.

There were people of all races, even some black people that I saw participating.
So as far as racism goes, I didn't see it at all, the post is being racist.

I heard no attacks on minorities or posters attacking minorities or any talk against minorities.
So again, the post was wrong.

I also didn't see one person that could be described as "rich", lots of lower middle class, middle class and upper middle class, but not one person that stood out as rich or any fancy cars in the lot.
They are just scared to death that people are so angry with the Democratic party and
see the Republican Party as nearly the same as the Democratic party.

The Tea Party, which I went to the rallies,
was NOT racist where I lived
NOT homophobic where I lived
DEFINITELY NOT compromised of "rich people".

If you haven't been to a rally then all you know is the nasty hearsay by the mainstream media and the really scared Dems and Reps. Unless, you have been to one yourself, you have no right to disparage it.

Why attack now when the Tea Party is nearly dead?
Because most americans think the USA is going to hell in a handbasket and they blame both mainstream parties. They could easily be swayed by a third party now and that is scaring the pants of the mainstream media and TPTB.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
A viable third party is a threat to the monopoly that the two party system has going on.

A centrist party would offer an alternative to the extremism that is US politics.

The powers that be are TERRIFIED of a centrist 3rd party.

That's why they work so hard to do crap like this article.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
The rich and white thing I sort of get, but racists? Come ON! You can look at someones bank account. You can look at someone's skin color. These are objective. But, how do you determine who is and who isn't racist? You don't. You fall for the race baiting lies of jesse jackson and al sharpton and ferguson protesters and you make an ignorant, ironically bigoted assumption. Get real people. Liberals never cease to amaze me how stupid they are and how low they have to strike to make people believe they are relevant.

It is always entertaining, watching these sheep. I mean they look like thinking logical humans. Then though, you watch and hear what they do and they will believe. They are so stupid, they will listen to anything as long as you say 1000 words without ever addressing any actual points of interest.

"it is Bush's fault" Even though he has now entered the end of his days as commander in chief. Yet it is still Bush's fault.

Bush must have been 12 times the leader as Obama, Bush made things happen in his first 3 years Obama "the best leader ever" cant even address and or do anything about 6 years in.

At least Bush followed through when he drew a line in the sand. Right or wrong, if you draw a line in the sand on the world stage, you have to follow through, each and every time.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I've noticed that Dems holler 'race' a lot, even when it is not called for
Even here on ATS, some will bring race into an issue that has nothing to do with skin color

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
IMHO, there is a HUGE difference between on-line, self-professed Libertarians and IRL Libertarians. Maybe on-line anonymity brings out the worst and real life brings out the best of the ideology?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

Even here on ATS, some will bring race into an issue that has nothing to do with skin color

You can't say that.
It's racist.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints

originally posted by: snarky412

You can't say that.
It's racist.

Oopsie.....my bad
Oh well--*sigh*

edit on 20-10-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

So funny..hey Sorros you goblin...how's about giving up some money to take care of the folks in Africa...you could certainly pay off a pharmaceutical company to provide immunization against the Ebola strain for those most hardest hit...but why do that..you would rather spend the money on supporting people in office to further your agenda..complete tool!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So by the Washington Post's logic can we assume democrats cater to black, poor, racists? I mean there's a double standard and they're dopes if they can't see it.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Americans for Prosperity and Tea Party are Koch bros funded, racism is used as a means to an end even when Blacks, Poor people ,Gays,Women and others show up.
Not saying all Tea Party members are racist or even Toms, some are just not into the politics of the left and that's ok but they do attract an awful lot of racist,about Tea Party Blacks shown on the Tea party channel FOX News they are invariably Uncle Toms whose main function is to make racist statements seems palatable when it comes from them.

And unfortunately the rev Jesse Lee Peterson in the Tea Party is not an aberration he is one of many,perhaps the only one I could possible give an ear to is Dr Ben Carson and I think he is out off his rockers most of the time,and the only other prominent Tea party guy I'd also give an ear to but also bares watching would be Rand Paul.

Top Conservatives Run PAC
That Funded White Nationalists

Two prominent conservative movement officials who hold leadership positions for several right-wing groups—Ron Robinson and James B. Taylor—run a political action committee that donated thousands of dollars to a white nationalist organization, according to public records. And for several years Taylor was vice president of another white nationalist organization.

Robinson and Taylor are each board members of Young America's Foundation (YAF), which cofounded the annual Conservative Political Action Conference and runs the conservative youth group Young Americans for Freedom. (YAF owns and manages the Ronald Reagan Ranch, trains conservative journalists, and calls itself "the principal outreach organization of the Conservative Movement.") And Robinson, YAF's president, is on the board of two other conservative groups: Citizens United, which brought the landmark Supreme Court case of the same name, and the American Conservative Union, which operates CPAC.

With these positions, Robinson and Taylor are at the center of mainstream conservative infrastructure. But each also sits on the three-person board of America's PAC, a far-right outfit that in 2004 gave $5,000 to the Charles Martel Society, a white nationalist group, according to the PAC's filing with the Federal Election Commission. Taylor, YAF's former executive director and a current board member, founded America's PAC in 1983. Both his and Robinson's names appear on America's PAC letterhead before and after the donation to the Martel Society. Since 2004, America's PAC has raised and spent over $5 million, giving donations to dozens of Republican candidates
www.motherjones.com...

Th

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

What about Democratic racist and race baiting leaders?
Like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who try and start riots and do their best to be as divisive as possible.
I tried to go to Jackson's church in Chicago and white people were charged a high admission to attend his service, this was true, I really wanted to go, but was at the time too poor to pay the admission price for white people.
Or the Black Panthers, who beat billy clubs into their hands trying to intimidate people into voting Democrat, who were never even scolded by the DOJ?
Or the Black Panther leaders who supported the voter intimidation saying that black people should kill as many white people as possible.

Are you going to say there are no racists in the Democratic Party?

There are fringe elements in every organization.

The Tea Party I attended never had anyone like what you are describing from you tube videos. I went to a rally.

It is my philosophy never to condemn before experiencing and seeing first hand if at all possible.

My experience with Jackson let me know he is a racist.
Sharpton I have to admit that only what I have seen on the news, which is a lot.
Black Panthers - I had a boyfriend in college who was LaRaza and he told me that white girls were not welcome at their get togethers - and La Raza and the Black Panthers had quite a few meetings and get togethers. I offered to dye my hair black and was told that even then I was not welcome. I know they were racist.

You can not deny there are radical anti-white's in the Democratic party , racists.

There are also radical anti-Christians (mayor of Houston for example) in the Democratic Party.

There are also radical anti-conservative-heterosexual's
(not homophobic, but firmly condemning your regular mom and pop heterosexual)
radicals who believe that all public restrooms should be gender neutral, even at the expense of pedophiles or increasing the possibility of molestation and rape of women.

So if you condemn the Tea Party without ever attending one you are speaking blindly.

I have known Democrats with all of the views above, and you can not deny they exist.

So before you throw stones, look at your own glass house.

edit on 10Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:30:18 -0500pm102010pmk201 by grandmakdw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

What about Democratic racist and race baiting leaders?
Like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who try and start riots and do their best to be as divisive as possible.
I tried to go to Jackson's church in Chicago and white people were charged a high admission to attend his service, this was true, I really wanted to go, but was at the time too poor to pay the admission price for white people.
Or the Black Panthers, who beat billy clubs into their hands trying to intimidate people into voting Democrat, who were never even scolded by the DOJ?
Or the Black Panther leaders who supported the voter intimidation saying that black people should kill as many white people as possible.

Name the riots Jackson and Sharpton instigated .
They charged admissions for Church services?? ..I am gonna have to research that and get back to you
The New Black Panthers are anti-white and they did stand around looking mean but they did so without billy clubs,statement by the New Black Panthers that they should kill as many white people as possible..again I'd have to research that.

Are you going to say there are no racists in the Democratic Party?

There are fringe elements in every organization.

Off-course there are racist in the Democratic party but we try not give them a platform or hold them up as some sorta ideal,and yes there are fringe in any party but again the Dems try to keep their Bat-shiite insane crazies in check you guys cut yours loose,

Black Panthers - I had a boyfriend in college who was LaRaza and he told me that white girls were not welcome at their get togethers - and La Raza and the Black Panthers had quite a few meetings and get togethers. I offered to dye my hair black and was told that even then I was not welcome. I know they were racist.

Stop hanging out with losers who ever they may be..really you dyed your hair so you could fit in??..wtf!!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

What I read in the text makes no mention of rich white racists.

Rich? I read " slightly more educated and slightly higher income than the median American voter.” Hardly rich.

White? I read "overwhelmingly white". Well I give it that one. But just by casual observation
I find that this statement has a good chance of being true.

Racist? I read " There are also indications that tea party members have somewhat more negative views of minorities than the median voter. " So racist, maybe so, maybe not, but indications? Big deal. But PRIMARILY?

As for
"Jenne said transcripts from the Iowa Caucus debates proved that Tea Party candidates had moved the GOP “further to the right” from 2008 to 2012." Isn"t this the goal of Tea Party? To move the GOP from its centrist position to one more in tune with conservative values?

And this? " conservatives running for president now “openly” campaigned with messages “broadly hostile to the U.S. government.” If they didn't, the tea party people wouldn't give them the time of day.

The article in the Post was an innocuous casper-milquetoast statement. Who cares. I don't. Were I a liberal or conservative and found this in the Post, I would have glanced at it for about three seconds and moved on to the comics.

What I do see though, is how this lame article has been taken by a secondary media outlet and then blazoned across it's headline " Washington Post: Tea Party Supporters Primarily Rich, White Racists t. The original piece was noting more than a limp piece of liberal fluff . Now it is being presented as if it is a declaration of war.
edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 21 Oct 2014 00:32:30 -0500Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:32:30 -050014102014-10-21T00:32:30-05:0012u32 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 21 Oct 2014 00:32:56 -0500Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:32:56 -050014102014-10-21T00:32:56-05:001200000032 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 21 Oct 2014 00:35:13 -0500Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:35:13 -050014102014-10-21T00:35:13-05:0012u35 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join