It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror attack in Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Two soldiers run over and some dude dead in Quebec.
Rumours about possibly being terror related, will keep you updated..

The incident was raised in the House of Commons this afternoon by Conservative MP Randy Hoback, who questioned Prime Minister Stephen Harper about "unconfirmed reports of a possible terror attack" targeting members of the Canadian Forces.

www.cbc.ca...
edit on 20-10-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Well the cops sure acted as if it wasn't just some random hit and run.

Seven shots, for a hit and run?

Don't think so.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well good, lets make sure we jump the terror gun before…

"All I can say is that the theory that this is a deliberate act is part of what we’ll be looking at," he said. "But it’s really too early to speculate at this point."

Surely terrifying.

But "terrorism"?
edit on 20-10-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well it's just odd that it would be brought up in the house and that Harper actually answered the question pertaining to it...
-Like they have some inside info, we shall see what we shall see.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
www.thestar.com...

The shocking incident, which occurred at about noon Monday, also sent the two Canadian Armed Forces personnel to hospital with one fighting for his life and the other having suffered minor injuries, according to the Quebec provincial police.

The two soldiers were reportedly walking through the parking lot of a shopping centre located less than three kilometres from the Collège militaire royal de Saint-Jean, the French-language university run by the Department of National Defence, when they were run down by a driver.

A police chase ensued and the car drove into a ditch after the driver lost control of the vehicle, police said.

It also says the suspect crawled out of the vehicle which crashed and put his hands up and approached the officers. One of the officers allegedly shot him. A knife was found at the crash scene.

www.torontosun.com...

^ This link mentions the knife too.

“This individual was known to federal authorities including our Integrated National Security Investigations team in Montreal who along with other authorities were concerned that he had become radicalized,” RCMP Cpl. David Falls said in a statement.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If they call him a terrorist, the laws protecting citizens do not apply. Seems like a reasonable release by the police after they messed up.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Correction.

The CANADIAN police acted as if it wasn't.

To make slayers point even clearer, to me if Canadian police used a firearm during a hit and run there was an abundance of need for it.

In my book the Canadian police are about the kindest I've ever read about, almost to a fault. Read up on the greyhound beheading case if you really want to see an exercise in police self control.

Edited to add. The greyhound case is pretty graphic. I wouldn't go readin about it unless you folks are ready for it. Be warned its a tough one.
edit on 20-10-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
more. Looks like it was your regular radicalized, ISIS sympathizing, wack-job, "Obey my religion or Die" idiotic loser.

A police source is telling CJAD news that before the incident, the man was inside the military office, spoke with someone, and is said to have made some kind of an "extremist threat" before leaving. For the moment, it isn't clear what kind of threat was being made, and who the target may have been.

www.cjad.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
To call this a terrorist attack just because a couple of soldiers got run over is a complete over reaction, typical of the ridiculousness over terrorism right now.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I followed up in the French news which gives the suspect's name as Martin Rouleau, whose name is a common one, so it's difficult to find his web page, but I'll keep looking. People who knew him say he had really changed in the past year, including wearing the long Arabic garb. The police are currently searching his father's house and CBC is now calling it a terror attack.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

This individual was known to federal authorities including our Integrated National Security Investigations team in Montreal who along with other authorities were concerned that he had become radicalized. Out of respect and deference to the ongoing criminal investigation arising from today's terrible events, the RCMP will not comment further except to say that we are working with our law enforcement partners to ensure all avenues of investigation are pursued," the statement said. Minutes later, Prime Minister Stephen Harper's office also issued a written statement suggesting Canadians should be vigilant.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
He had recently changed his name to Ahmad and was publishing radical Islamic threatening messages online which I won't bother to translate, but it's the usual garbage made to infidels. He had supposedly gone into the military office and made vague threats, but I don't have any relative data about the where and when he did that. His photo La Presse is -here-

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Here's a picture of the guy.

Here's his fancy religeous-looking knife

yup if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You know I'm willing to pay way more attention to this
type of occurrance when it goes on outside the U.S.
I'm not even sure I understand why?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Sound like some kind of dispute...two soldiers and some person...could be women related or some trash talking that went way too far...terrorism seems to be a stretch...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well, he apparently did this for "Allah" ... So, of course he said "God" in arabic, it's surely terrorism.
Because a violent act + Islam = Terrorism.

I'm just wondering if he'd have converted to Hinduism and did that in the name of Krishna, if that'd be considered terrorism. I doubt it.

Islam seems to have exclusivity to terrorism act.

He was probably just a lone violent dude with some serious psychiatric issues. For sure very impressionable like most people that convert to a distant spirituality far from their origin. IS wannabe.

edit on 20-10-2014 by samsamm9 because: Because of grammar police

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Yeah you got that right, he was a local and grew up in that town as well from what i read in an article on facebook.
Probably just some mental issues, went a road rampage. Tried to surrender but was gunned down.

*Radicalized* hmmm maybe he was just watching to much carnage about ISIS. I read somewhere that there wasn't any IS incidents in Canada yet and i guess he wanted to be the first? Hopefully hes the last.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Yup, the fact that this happened and was raised in the House right away just sets my spidey senses tingling.

Not that I think this was some sort of false flag but the fact that Harper answered a direct question, even if it was from a back bencher from his own party, gives me a bad feeling. He never answers questions in the House. There are laws that they are held to when responding to questions while sitting in Parliament and Harper avoids questions as a matter of policy to avoid being held to anything he says.

I've only heard what the local late news has said about this so far today so that's all the info I have to go on. The local talking head said that the guy was brandishing a knife and threatening police.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a violent act + Islam = Terrorism.
More like a violent act for Islam = Terrorism.

You guys can sugar coat it all you like. Right at this point, no embellishment, it looks like he's a home grown terrorist.
That's what it's looking like anyways, the story is yet unfolding.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

The press is now back tracking, saying that the Quebec Provincial Police have not yet declared it a domestic terror attack although they say he was clearly radicalized after converting to Islam a few years ago.

He is believed to have called 9-11 and said he was acting in the name of Allah. Link to article that headlines that claim (French)

Witnesses said the attack came out of nowhere when he aimed his car at them.

edit on 20-10-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join