It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola calm-mongering?????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I saw this report about how the fire department in Denham Springs, Louisiana was given several hundred body bags in case of Ebola:

www.infowars.com...

While distributing posters for the Infowars “Obola: Tyranny is the Disease” contest, a Louisiana man captured alarming statements made by a fire department member concerning Ebola preparations. The man, seen wearing a “Fire Rescue” t-shirt, claimed to work for the Denham Springs Fire Department and revealed they had received training regarding Ebola, had ordered 5 Hazmat suits, and had received a number of body bags.

“They gave us… we just ordered 5 Class A level suits, hazmat suits for Ebola,” the firefighter says to citizen journalist Michael DiBari. The firefighter proceeds to state that a sizable number of body bags had also been ordered, despite Denham springs having a minimal population of around 10 thousand people.

“So a small town is ordering 300 body bags, 5 hazmat suits,” DiBari clarifies. “Are you being trained?”

“We are being trained,” the firefighter answers.

“How are you feeling all about this?” DiBari asks.

“I hate it,” the firefighter discloses. “It makes me anxious.”

I forgot to mention they have a video at the above link that shows an interview with the firefighter. The sound quality wasn't good though.
edit on 21-10-2014 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

It is beyond me why anyone on the US side of the Atlantic has even really worried about this. How many folks have died in the US from Ebola? Of those, how many had any real medical attention given in the early stages of the disease?

I guess i could worry about Bubonic Plague. More people in the US are infected with it each month than are infected with Ebola in the entire span of this pseudo-story. And the bubonic plagues death toll on humanity is enormous compared to ebola, at least in the last couple thousand years.

Yes, i realize that there is more of a planet than just the US. And I suspect that similar trends would be seen in Europe as the US in regards to this disease, but I really don't know....so only speak to the US.

Y2K, 2012, Swine Flu, Anthrax in the mail....i get it. The world is going to end. All the time.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I don't know about y all but the lack of new info makes me a bit nervous. I have 7 kids I've watched them grow, observed lots of different behaviors. The number one clue the sets a parents spidey senses off.... When they get quiet they are up to no good.
Czar dude shows up and mums the word. .....
tells me to investigate deaper.

edit on 21-10-2014 by IRNTRL because: typo

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I wanted to post on that same article when I saw it pop up on CNN's app, but I'm new to ATS and haven't commented enough to post. CNN posted this nasty article yesterday morning in the "featured" section but within an hour of first seeing it, it had been removed.

In fact, when I noticed the article's absence, I started looking for it in the other sections but it had disappeared completely. Not only was that article absent, but I looked through each CNN section thoroughly only to find one article relating to Ebola at all. That article was at the very bottom of the "world" section and was a rather dated article I had already read a few days prior.

If you couldn't tell, I'm a news junkie. I check lots of different news stations constantly and have noticed some clear patterns in the way news fluxes across like a tide in the mainstream media.

In particular I've noticed that this fluxing (as in the way multiple media outlets will suddenly and aggressively reporton an issue and then appear to collectively and simultaneously drop it) becomes most volatile and obvious prior to elections.

Normally it's not quite so obvious as it was with Ebola over the weekend. I think the dramatisy of it speaks to how serious the situation could become, not just when it comes to lives and people, but politically.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IRNTRL
I don't know about y all but the lack of new info makes me a bit nervous. I have 7 kids I've watched them grow, observed lots of different behaviors. The number one clue the sets a parents spidey senses off.... When they get quiet they are up to no good.
Czar dude shows up and mums the word. .....
tells me to investigate deaper.

You made a good point. When the gov't and media grows quiet, they're up to no good at all.

The elections are coming up. That could be one reason. Another could be they're taking a look at the real numbers and are trying to figure out how to tell the public w/o inciting mass panic.

As for the czar dude, I'm not surprised that this Administration chose someone w/o any medical degrees at all. They're addressing this very serious issue as if it's no big deal.

They're either deluded or conniving. Or both.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Squidleepie

I think I saw that article. It had a very snide tone to it and I think the headline read something like "Ebola hysteria reached epic proportions" or whatever.

The entire piece was very condescending. It sounded like something the Obama Administration told them to write. This Administration never did handle criticism very well.

The election season could be another reason for the sudden silence, coupled with a great deal of calm mongering on the part of the gov't and it's lapdogs in the lamestream media.

They must think that the American people are really dumb.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
" Ebola calm-mongering????? "

The calm before the storm might be more accurate.

And the kicker is this new Czar Klain makes statements like this right out of the box;

Exposed! Ebola Czar Ron Klain Says “Overpopulation” Is Today’s Biggest Problem!

Boing ing ing ing

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well atm it seems that the situation in western countries is "stable". A health care worker in madrid, Spain has been cured, Dallas isn't really a hotspot for any new disaster news.

However, the situation in Sierra Leone and adjacent countries is still completely out of control. Western Media has thrown itself on the cases in their own countries, blotching out the disaster that is happening overseas. Hey I'm Europan, I'm happy it's not in my home county. But you got to admit, we are al a bit hypocritical.

I would be really interested to know what kind of ebola Viruses made it out of Africa. There seem to be different types of the Virus about. What made me really wonder though: Did you know that Ebola was weaponized by South Africa in the 1980's? That is just sick:

www.crimelibrary.com...

www.activistpost.com...

Just imagine if those laboratory bred Viruses turned out to be on the loose... Ebola has always been a dangerous Virus, but an outbreak such as this current one is unprecedented...

I just hope the News starts to report more on the source again, instead of hyping the hysteria in the western world.

edit on 22-10-2014 by Luxferre because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
a reply to: Squidleepie

I think I saw that article. It had a very snide tone to it and I think the headline read something like "Ebola hysteria reached epic proportions" or whatever.

The entire piece was very condescending. It sounded like something the Obama Administration told them to write. This Administration never did handle criticism very well.

The election season could be another reason for the sudden silence, coupled with a great deal of calm mongering on the part of the gov't and it's lapdogs in the lamestream media.

They must think that the American people are really dumb.

But the American people are really dumb.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
More good news. Calm down!

Freelance cameraman free of Ebola, can leave Nebraska hospital

Already? Two weeks in the hospital. Also saying Nina Pham is upgraded to "good" condition.

Both got blood from Brantly.

The importance of catching it early.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

They don't want you to stop thinking about Ebola. They want you, and everyone, to stop freaking out about it. Unless you're going to W Africa, or work with Ebola patients, there's virtually zero chance of you getting it. With all of the epidemic fear-mongering pl;aces like FOX'NEWS' are doing, the government and all of those with actual knowledge of the real issue are trying to let people know that Ebola is NOT spreading across the USA. There's no great conspiracy going on here - just doctyors treating the VERY few people here who have Ebola, trying to provide some sanity.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It hasnt gone quiet.. just because its not reported in the media doesnt mean that there is some organised cover up. The media reports on what makes the money if they run the same stories too long people lose interest.
Everyday im attending meeting with other public health coordinators i have teleconferences this week with WHO, CDC ECDC and various other public health. I get constant situation update emails and its because of all this that im confident we are going to be fine.
The information is out there and constantly been updated both the WHO and ECDC have released updates this last week its all there for you to read. O n their website its all public information.
No one is denying that the situation in west africa is out of control. But if your worried about ebola which you shouldnt be then i can give you a list of similar diseases that will just as easily end your life so you can be consistent in your fears. There isnt enough hours in the day to report what is happening in the world of epidemiology and infectious diseases, ebola is only a small part of our workload or concern.
But dont worry when another American gets infected yours news will light up again.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Three people out of 316 million have had this in the U.S. They already blew it out of proportion. The "calm" is them perhaps reclaiming sanity.

I was a lot more worried about their "we'll stop it in it's tracks" comment.. followed by two cases. But since, nothing.. so perhaps they are taking it seriously now. We'll see.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Maybe because everyone is hysterical about Ebola being the Armageddon of the week, when in fact the likelihood of contracting the virus or having it spread to billions like some doomsday plague from a b-grade movie, is less than that of being hit by lightning on a clear day (or possibly around the same odds)..

The only reason it is getting the doomsday treatment is because people with tin hats and no medical knowledge, keep pushing it as the end of all things and others are following their lead and panicking.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The Duncan family had no treatment and was only quarantined. Turns out the people that had the most direct and intimate contact with Thomas Duncan are Ebola free ... well waddaya know? This leads me to believe that the Ebola scare in the US is total bull#e. Ebola is real for sure, but the supposed threat was only a ruse. Something else killed Thomas Duncan.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So, since this thread was authored....what has the death toll in western countries been?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Now you are mad they aren't making a bigger deal out of it? Can't win with some people.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Things may have calmed down somewhat. But remember this:

Until this pandemic is brought under control in West Africa (esp. Sierra Leone), there will be other Thomas Duncans who will come here to seek medical treatment as what they have back home isn't adequate.

There are still a number of people on watch lists, inc. Ohio, who are not yet "out of the woods," so to speak.

The incubation period can last twice as long as has originally been reported.

Until the U.S. is willing to do something about our wide-open borders (esp. on the south), more illegals from Ebola-stricken countries will sneak in. It's been reported that many from those countries have crossed over. And even if Ebola wasn't an issue they are still bringing in many other diseases, inc. TB. I heard that someone claimed illegals brought enterovirus here but I don't know if that is correct.

What really gets me is the SUDDEN reduction in Ebola-reports and the lightning-quick diagnoses of people who are suspected of having Ebola. This testing can take several days.

This is not the time to let one's guard down.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Someone said they can do it in an hour at special facilities. Was he lying?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Testing does not take several days. We can have a test turn around in as little as 4 hours at our designated lab.
The reason it can take 3 days is because not all labs can do the test so have to be sent elsewhere.
Also its only ever a confirmed ebola once its been confirmed at a WHO reference lab. Basically if we have someone we can do a test and very quickly rule out ebola however if our lab results are positive we still have to get a sample packaged and sent to either a lab in south Africa (NIV) or to Atlanta (CDC) to be officially confirmed because of how long it takes to get there it might be 3 days before its confirmed evd but we are able to rule out evd very quickly. Also pretty much every suspected case turns out to be malaria, they test for malaria before doing anything else and point f care malaria tests are rapid and so can rule out ebola extremely quickly

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join