It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

i get ocular migraines - doesn't seem to be an explanation for the chichester sighting based on my experience - but perhaps that would be better discussed on that thread

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fudge am I funny, what the fudge is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

This could go on a while

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is what the matter of alien (from the same space) or other reality plane beings and their interaction on Earth should be, one should have these as the 10 Commandments:

- Alien/other reality beings interacting with Earth should not be considered a fact or believed until proven as a fact, this is not scientific and is more like belief/religion

- Alien/other reality beings interacting with Earth should not be dismissed as a myth and non-existent, never happening because there are cases in ancient times and before that are enough to suggest it is possible and without being able to get the facts right, nothing should be dismissed.

- There are a lot things that are not explained properly or not explained at all - the Human History keeps going to earlier and earlier per discoveries.

- The evolution of the human mind is not explained as being much more developed than that of any other animal even apes, only physiological evolution is explained

- How the universe was formed, the Big Bang theory, new discoveries find that things are not exactly as "discovered" so far, how can one really explain how it formed?? Just because you start connecting some dots does not mean that it cannot be a lot different than the logical direction you started.

- From myths about Lemur or whatever race living on Mars while Atlantis on Earth to turning out that Mars was another Earth, probably so many billions of years ago that nothing is formed or CURIOSITY is not enough, they need to dig below to find something

- UFOs of the 20th century - the Mirage Men and the reality of using UFO stories to hide military black projects but at the same time, not explaining the past of humanity, only working on making the topic turn into a joke

- Being certain that there should never have been any other beings interaction just because we don't have the evidence NOW is even more absurd than believing it but believing it is not scientific either

Follow people like professor Haisch, non of the skeptics are worthy to dismiss what they do not know

Always keep an open mind that there may be other beings when things in the human's unclear history can suggest so, open minded does not mean blindly believing and is the most scientific approach, as you do not claim facts but do not dismiss with cheap biased explanations

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

This could go on a while

yeah it could. I made a talking phone app where you could do this scene endlessly...for personal use...for when I get bored from undermining the UFO forum.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: aynock
a reply to: Bybyots

i get ocular migraines - doesn't seem to be an explanation for the chichester sighting based on my experience - but perhaps that would be better discussed on that thread

false memory. Definitely
edit on 21-10-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: duaneology
I just seem to notice an active effort by a number of ATS posters to discredit and belittle anything and everything posted here along with this section’s regular contributors. .....
It makes me feel like an attempt is being made to have the topic viewed as fringe and flaky as possible. ....

Your thoughts?

I think the answer to your questions really depends on the reason why each of us comes here?

There are certainly a few who just want their beliefs re-affirmed and cannot take the heat when the evidence (or lack of it) is questioned. For these people it’s very much like a religion and they simply don’t want to hear anything that may challenge that belief.

There are the star catchers and flag fliers who simply crave attention and don’t necessarily pay attention to the detail of what they are posting. Being first to quote news pieces or post a Youtube video is all that matters as that means stars and flags for them. Their effort is minimal but their own (perceived) rewards are important to them.

Then there are others who have experienced something they can’t explain and are looking for an answer. Perhaps when those answers do not conform to their own view they perceive other posters as de-bunkers or ‘shills’.

However I do think the majority of posters in these forums do genuinely hold an interest in the topic and are looking for something concrete to get their teeth into. There are some who are highly sceptical and others who are more convinced by the evidence presented.

I have come to respect the views of a number of posters with these differing views (many have posted in this very thread) and sometimes we’ve debated hard with each other. But they have actually looked at the evidence available and made their own minds up.

So why do I come here?

Well my interest began as a kid when I used to read things like “The Unexplained” magazine and a few books back in the late 1970s and 1980s. I definitely thought that there must be something at the route of the subject and still haven’t changed that point of view. Even if I tend not to believe that aliens are visiting the planet every night of the week.

In the digital age I lurked on ATS for a long, long time and learned a little every now and again. One day I thought maybe I could have a bash at writing a thread or two. It certainly can be hard work maintaining one. But every now and again someone unexpectedly pops up and offers another little piece of that jigsaw puzzle for you. This has happened in a couple of my threads.

However I really enjoy it when something like this thread turns up from cuckooold:

The Gulf Breeze Saga (Part II) : UFOs, the Gulf Breeze 6, and the End of the World

This wasn’t really a topic I knew a whole lot about but it did intrigue me. A whole group of us joined in and turned up a lot of information on what may be a minor, but very peculiar case. One guy was even familiar with the people concerned and joined in on the thread. OK we didn’t solve it but it was certainly interesting to follow and join in with the thread as it developed.

Even if it is a fairly rare occurrence, that to me, is the essence of ATS.

edit on 21/10/14 by mirageman because: correction

(post by FearYourMind removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

I have posted many UFO-related threads and debated these people endlessly. People like Jim Oberg who try to debunk all of the NASA UFOs have failed to do so on my threads. In fact, I have record of him admitting he doesn't know what the objects are.

When you admit that you do not know what something is, that is called "intellectual honesty." Jim Oberg does not pretend to know all the mysteries of the universe, just the nuts and bolts of spacefaring. Jim knows ice crystals when he sees them.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yeah he SURE does. He sees them everywhere. If something is unidentifiable it is most likely a ice crystal.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ice crystals pulsate, stop and change direction in space. They just have a mind of their own I guess. Jim sure knows his ice crystals.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

A win? Can you elaborate on what exactly was won? I also find it funny that if someone was a paid disinfo guy and everyone knew it, that it would kind of defeat the purpose. Can you elaborate on how this system works?

now if someone from NASA came here and told you that these things were alien ships, that would be OK?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Hey, some guys know their ice crystals and others know their swamp gas. What can I say? These guys know their stuff.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind
Ice crystals pulsate, stop and change direction in space. They just have a mind of their own I guess. Jim sure knows his ice crystals.

There is also a video on here which explains the shapes movements and all the other points you claim that makes this other than debris.

This explains a lot of the claims.

Here is a camera video from the UK showing similar shaped pulsating OUT OF FOCUS BLOB purely due to the optics and construction of the lens.

It's debris close to the camera and out of focus.
edit on 21-10-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

This could go on a while

yeah it could. I made a talking phone app where you could do this scene endlessly...for personal use...for when I get bored from undermining the UFO forum.

Lol, I want that app

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

if you say so - like i said, best discussed on that thread
edit on 21-10-2014 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Yes we've all seen that sad attempt at explaining this, but unfortunately it doesn't explain the movements of the objects at all. If you've watched the live ISS feed for years you've seen ice crystals and how they act dozens of times. They simply float away and disappear gradually. They don't go flying in every direction, stopping, making U-turns etc.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think a new method needs to be developed to verify UFO and Alien encounters.

You clearly cannot use the scientific method to verify these encounters when the craft and their occupants have control over dimensions, able to materialize and de-materialize at will, pass through walls, pull abductees straight through their ceilings.

This ability to manipulate physical matter is what makes it very difficult to determine what really happens during an alleged encounter.

A new method is needed. One that both sides can agree on, and apply this new method to new ufo and alien sightings.

A test, which if failed, no one can argue with, neither the debunkers, the believer, or anyone else.

OG

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
May I ask a noob off topic question?

Of course I can, it's my thread! I own it

What does it mean when someone "flags" your thread? Is it a positive or a negative?

edit on 21000000pm10America/Chicago2014Tuesday2014514 by duaneology because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
if you want to know the history of humans and aliens which are connected to us...

listen to The interstellar Enneagram..

here is a preview www.youtube.com...

awesome talk

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Generally flags are good! It means your thread is deemed important enough to be "flagged" for notice by other members.

- AB

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join