It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

Making the public at large "miss out" on the "bigger picture" Is the reason forums like this are flooded with hoaxed cases.

Who are the ones flooding it with hoaxes?

So called believer who I suspect are trying to bring down UFOlogy and are the real shills posting anything and everything with UFO found on YouTube to discredit the very interesting cases brought up[ over the last 80 or so years.

Or are the members that that are suspected as being debunkers or come from a much more skeptical stance posting all the hoaxes and not exposing them?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

That's not entirely true, there have been successful convictions without there being a body. The Cray twins springs to mind.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

After page after page of bickering, personal attacks, and a general strive to make the OP look stupid, we all get tired and leave the thread....and the shills job is complete.

There's that dreaded S word again.

Not all debunkers are shills. Some people like to rule out the ordinary before they explore the extraordinary and there is nothing wrong with that.

It would be nice to think that every light in the night sky has an extraterrestrial origin, but they aren't. The truth is that if we didn't have people calling out the fakers and sifting the gold from the sand then ufology wouldn't be in the place that it is now.

However It's a two way street. Should fakers have the right to personally attack anyone who challenges their evidence?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The alien and UFO topic/community is it's own worst enemy.

Just saying......

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

"You left out "unbelievers", "blasphemers", and "heretics"."

Those are religious terms. And although true religions all involve some belief that is unprovable, through "faith", the analogy to UFOs/ETs mostly involves Ancient Astronauts, and bringing such incredible knowledge to various ancient civilizations.

There is TONS of "proof" that extraterrestrials have been interacting with Earth for millions of years, up thru today. So let me answer the most-heard debunker arguments:

1) "Why hasn't one landed on the White House lawn and initiated Contact?"
(ANSWER: Eisenhower made "secret contact" with various ETs at military bases in California in the 1950s, looking to barter for weaponry. He ended up with the most vile ETs who would agree to this. He also "bartered" away innocent American lives thru abductions. This is another powerful reason for TPTB to keep a lid on Disclosure, and opening up the government to yet more lawsuits.)

2) "With all the cell phones out there, why aren't there more UFO photos?"
(ANSWER: Many ET-craft are only visible in infra-red, or night vision. I read witness reports all the time where they took a photo of something else in the sky, and only saw the UFO when they downloaded their shots to their computer to go over them.)

3) "I'll only believe in UFO/ETs when one land on my front lawn."
(ANSWER: Curious how they are limiting their own sense of Reality, whether due to fear, "orders" from TPTB, or in the holy name of "National Security." Although, if put on the spot, these deniers/debunkers/shills probably couldn't articulate exactly why they don't believe in the reality of UFOs/ETs. Because the proof IS out there!)

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1413902881&sr=1-1&keywords=Day+After+Roswell
"THE DAY AFTER ROSWELL"
An oldie but a goody, still the best book on Roswell by a military intelligence insider.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

That's not entirely true, there have been successful convictions without there being a body. The Cray twins springs to mind.

Yes as has been shown but other factors are involved not just a witness testimony alone, something need to corroborate the testimony, if not a body then other evidence.

Ridhya on the previous page gives a great analogy to explain to the point I am trying make.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

uh yes...i see that

(even things are "debunked as fake" without evidence)

*coughBasharcough*

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: draknoir2

"You left out "unbelievers", "blasphemers", and "heretics"."

Those are religious terms.

Not just religious terms, but labels used to marginalize and suppress dissenting viewpoints.

A tactic you just employed in your previous post.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

"Only with hard evidence can a murder trial be put forth.

There have been murder trials that sent murderers to jail with no DNA and no body. Strong "circumstantial evidence" that corroborates itself CAN result in a murder conviction.

And people who read Science Fiction have no problem "believing" SciFi stories/movies, if there is an "internal logic" to the story. Many people who read and love SciFi, however, totally disbelieve in the reality of UDFOs/ETs, despite a TON of evidence and an "internal logic" about how and why UFOs/ETs are interacting with Earth - and have been for millions of years.

Here's part of the best list of alien species interacting with Earth:

www.youtube.com...
(PARTIAL) RUSSIAN "RED BOOK" OF SPECIES

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

There have been murder trials that sent murderers to jail with no DNA and no body. Strong "circumstantial evidence" that corroborates itself CAN result in a murder conviction.

well that great, you just repeated what I said about corroborating evidence.

And people who read Science Fiction have no problem "believing" SciFi stories/movies, if there is an "internal logic" to the story. Many people who read and love SciFi, however, totally disbelieve in the reality of UDFOs/ETs, despite a TON of evidence and an "internal logic" about how and why UFOs/ETs are interacting with Earth - and have been for millions of years.

who are these people?

When did you perform this study to get these results of what people believe or disbelieve when reading science fiction?

Is this, what you have just posted part of the organized effort to make UFOlogy look like a laughing stock, making ridiculous claims of knowledge of whole groups of people and what they might or might not believe?

Here's part of the best list of alien species interacting with Earth:

Why and what makes it the best?

Does being the best mean being true?

What do you think you or I will gain by posting this in a reply to me?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

I personally could not care less if Project Serpo was real or fake.

Is that why you find asking for verifiable evidence or some kind of proof a laughing matter?

Because you don't want truth, you just want your beliefs to be verified like so many others on here that jump onto any and just every YouTube video with UFO in the title and then derail many threads themselves with their ignorance and label knowledgeable posters as shills.

How about you stop telling me what I want, and stop quoting just snippets of my statement, I said I dont care if serpo was real or fake because I found it to be an awesome sci-fi read. Now go back and read again.

Funny how you only have an argument when you cherry pick my responses out of context...good job!

OG

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

There is no other proof to the murder other than 1 witness.

other than a dead body.

If there was no body then there would be no murder trial based on a witness going to authorities and saying I saw a murder.

Only with hard evidence can a murder trial be put forth.

Again your cherry picking...did I even write that line? Lets check.

OG

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Making the public at large "miss out" on the "bigger picture" Is the reason forums like this are flooded with hoaxed cases.

Who are the ones flooding it with hoaxes?

So called believer who I suspect are trying to bring down UFOlogy and are the real shills posting anything and everything with UFO found on YouTube to discredit the very interesting cases brought up[ over the last 80 or so years.

Or are the members that that are suspected as being debunkers or come from a much more skeptical stance posting all the hoaxes and not exposing them?

Thats quite the world you live in, let me know when youd like to come back to earth, see you soon!

OG

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

Ive already shown there were convictions without a body, however this poster continues to cherry pick and manipulate my quotes to suit his (flawed) arguments.

OG

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
While I do agree that some skeptics push their agenda even without backing anything up. There are also plenty of members that do a good job at debunking ufo threads. If someone hasn't already, maybe someone can post a thread of the common debunk methods that the OP can cross reference before posting. That way OP's can try and debunk their own thread before even posting. I would think that would cut out a good percentage of the obvious fakes or hoax's.

Personally I believe in alien life being out there somewhere. But, I also think if your gonna post proof that E.T. is visiting. You better come prepared, because in the real world the mods won't be there to wipe your tears when someone hurts your feelings.

Now don't get me wrong I do like to read a good UFO thread here and there, so keep them coming. I just think some people need thicker skin if your gonna argue over such a controversial topic.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

www.nsf.gov...
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY: PUBLIC ATTITUDES AND PUBLIC UNDERSTANDING
According to this, more people believe in so-called "pseudoscience" topics (like UFOs) if they have had an experience with a particular topic. And as of 2001, about a third of the U.S. population (30%) believed in both "UFOs as space vehicles from other civilizations" and "ETs have visited Earth in the past."

For one-third of the population to believe in UFOs/ETs AND Ancient Aliens, means you debunkers/deniers/shills have already lost your battle to "actively discourage interest" in these topics.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

www.nsf.gov...
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY: PUBLIC ATTITUDES AND PUBLIC UNDERSTANDING
According to this, more people believe in so-called "pseudoscience" topics (like UFOs) if they have had an experience with a particular topic. And as of 2001, about a third of the U.S. population (30%) believed in both "UFOs as space vehicles from other civilizations" and "ETs have visited Earth in the past."

For one-third of the population to believe in UFOs/ETs AND Ancient Aliens, means you debunkers/deniers/shills have already lost your battle to "actively discourage interest" in these topics.

Yea once it reaches an even higher number then the deniers would start to look even more silly. Like the quote goes:
"No army can stop an idea whose time has come" -- Victor Hugo

OG

(post by InhaleExhale removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

There is TONS of "proof" that extraterrestrials have been interacting with Earth for millions of years, up thru today.

Well there is some very ambiguous evidence that is being pushed rather hard by The History Channel for ratings I guess.

So let me answer the most-heard debunker arguments:

I don't think those are a fair representation of "skeptical" arguments. Its much easier to setup the "dumb down" versions and argue with an imaginary "debunker" then it is engage in an actual discussion. It has become commonplace to label someone as an "evil debunker" simply for having other views on a topic.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Im not bashing UFO peoples but maybe the reason there are things that directly affect us more so than lights in the sky.
World events and wars and outbreaks seems to make UFOs seem to a hobby passtime with no real importance to the world compared to the other "events"

Just my opinion of course
edit on 21-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join