It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: debonkers

Poor kid.

You should have listened to what your son had to say, he knows more about the subject than you seem to. Instead, you push the "official story" of denial on him.

I raise my kids to think for themselves. He did. Now go away.

I'm sure you do. In between your two hundred posts this month.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MAC269
Also for sure there will be those on here who are paid disinformation agents.
That is how TPTB works, if they can not cover it up they do their best to discredit it. So long as they stop the masses taking a serious look they have won the on going battle.

You need to take another look at the history of modern ufology. If there is anything to worry about on a site like this it is more likely "paid disinformation agents" spreading questionable stories not debunking them.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: debonkers

Poor kid.

You should have listened to what your son had to say, he knows more about the subject than you seem to. Instead, you push the "official story" of denial on him.

Because I don't believe in your stupid aliens?
Thanks for the reminder that I get to see him on the weekends. A-hole. Seriously. go away and go figure out you karma score.

edit on 1-2-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Harte

Reply to Harte

(Reply from Harty: Do the ships have "ALIEN" painted on the sides?)

Reply from Mork: Well actually near enough yes, Rendlesham forest case December 1980. Hyroglific type symbols.

Case was debunked YEARS ago. AND no aliens even if it wasn't.

Obviously you were unaware.

(Reply from Harty: When did two reliable pilots of aircraft simultaneously see actual alien being that were backed up by radar?)

Reply from Mork: Two commercial pilots going to and from the Channel Islands saw two giant UFOs back up by passengers. 2007. OK not beings as such but craft of seemingly imposable size.

Who has ever denied that these pilots saw something?

originally posted by: MAC269 Reply from Mork: There we are you see you were obviously unaware of these incidents and thousands more like them yet you say we have nothing. Go figure.

You are obviously unaware of precisely how aware I am. Now, can you answer my post, or do you need to redirect and dodge the question again?

Do the ships have "ALIEN" painted on the sides?

Has anyone here denied the very existence of UFOs?

When did two reliable pilots of aircraft simultaneously see actual alien beings that were backed up by radar?

You guys just make up your own straw men because you got nothin.

"Thousands more like them.". There are thousands of cases of Mary and Jesus showing up on everyday items like taco shells. Must be true, since there are "thousands of cases."

Harte

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Sorry Harte, no need for straw men, or your misuse of the term.

So an acceptable level of evidence for alien contact requires what now?

Two pilots...oops, two RELIABLE pilots, as opposed to what type of pilot? Flighty? Fly-by-night?

No, acceptable levels of evidence must be physical.

And here you go with the same straw man. Obviously, you are unaware that people can spot a fallacious argument so let me be clear.

NO sighting of a machine is evidence for the origin of that machine.

You equate the two concepts in order for your argument to have something to argue about.

That is a straw man argument.

Does that help?

Harte.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I just see this a lot and I am trying to track down where this thought process came from. Did you come up with this on your own?

It's an argument that seems to have been around for years and probably decades. I dare say it came into popular usage between 1947 and 1950 when the discussion of 'mystery objects' had moved away from 'secret technology' and towards spaceships. Even then, people were thinking more along the lines of inter-planetary than other solar systems.

It's quite a consistent argument as it always stands on the word arrogant - there never seems to be other synonyms for the word. This is suggestive of a meme that's being transmitted through culture and that may indeed have a point of origin. Although I suspect it's been used since the early days, it's more likely to have been used in a popular book or movie and took on a life of its own from there. For example, if it were mentioned in Von Daniken, we'd be looking at a very influential source that sold millions in many languages.

It's not going to found in a Sagan book, it'll be something like Contactee or even perhaps Theosophical literature.

So I was having dinner with my 13 year old son tonight. When its just me and him we like talk about the alien stuff. So he was talking about how the government already knows about aliens...so I gave him the ol' "naaaaaahhh, there aint no aliens" he says....."how can you think we are alone in the universe?" So I looked at him and was like where the hell did you hear that from? I must have had a crazed look on my face because he looked at me funny and didn't know how to answer...then the sushi came and that was it....good kid.

Poor kid.

But, the bright side is, young people aren't buying that bull anymore, they're too bright to fall for the tired excuses, they know alien contact is happening, and actually happened decades ago.

Your son didn't believe your denial, and he won't. There's too much information available now, and though some people try to distort the record, it won't go away, and young people are having a much easier time dealing with it.

I'm sure you're a fine dad, just like most dads you may be a little out of touch.

You got all that from "Where did that come from?"

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2
on a brighter note, a couple of weeks ago, we were previewing some god awful ufo/alien "documentary". I asked if he wanted to watch it and he said "I don't want to give those people my money". So I told him he was a good boy and took him out for ice cream.

And I have no doubt that I could demolish him in a debate about aliens.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Dear debonkers

Well I hope I speak wisely, I do try.

Ok using the term skeptic I was being nice just for once.

Just about anybody who takes the word of any government could be described as being foolhardy, there I am being nice again.

However it dose all go to proving my point in that people will refute, refute, and refute what is there without looking into the situation if it doesn’t suit their mindset.

How would you characterize those who accept the word of any online UFO conspiracy theorist without question? Or is that different?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

There are thousands of cases of Mary and Jesus showing up on everyday items like taco shells. Must be true, since there are "thousands of cases."
Many years ago I saw Jesus on my car windshield. He told me to stop taking that stuff.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

on a brighter note

Brighter chimed in? I totally missed the post!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

on a brighter note

Brighter chimed in? I totally missed the post!

Ha! No, he hasn't been online since the "Zimbabwe beating".

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Poor kid.

Similar thing with my son. On more than one occasion he hit me with a "Everyone knows Fox News lies".

I asked him to give one example. He couldn't. The lesson was to avoid looking like a moron you should be able to back up your assertion with something more than "that's what I heard".
edit on 1-2-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 1-2-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

on a brighter note, a couple of weeks ago, we were previewing some god awful ufo/alien "documentary". I asked if he wanted to watch it and he said "I don't want to give those people my money". So I told him he was a good boy and took him out for ice cream.

What a horrible, horrible father, musing about demolishing his own child!

Don't you know it's healthy to let them grow up absurdly and irreversibly ignorant?

How else will they learn?

Harte

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Double post

Starred it anyway, so Double Star.

Harte

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

What a horrible, horrible father, musing about demolishing his own child!

Don't you know it's healthy to let them grow up absurdly and irreversibly ignorant?

How else will they learn?

Harte

He also refuses to watch Ancient Aliens and I swear I had nothing to do with it. He does a really good Giorgio impression with the hands and the facial expression and then he says "Aliens". Every time he does it, I take him out for ice cream.
And while we were out for ice cream, I showed him my new avatar and I asked him if it was good enough to use and he said yes so I got him some more ice cream.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Double post

Starred it anyway, so Double Star.

Harte

Just starred your post and now you have 33,064,131 stars at the time of this posting.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Poor kid.

Because I don't believe in your stupid aliens?
Thanks for the reminder that I get to see him on the weekends. A-hole. Seriously. go away and go figure out you karma score.

Weekends only, gee, that's a surprise. A polite guy like you?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Also for sure there will be those on here who are paid disinformation agents.
That is how TPTB works, if they can not cover it up they do their best to discredit it. So long as they stop the masses taking a serious look they have won the on going battle.

You need to take another look at the history of modern ufology. If there is anything to worry about on a site like this it is more likely "paid disinformation agents" spreading questionable stories not debunking them.

I disagree, the disinformation I see is on the side of the deniers.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Sorry Harte, no need for straw men, or your misuse of the term.

So an acceptable level of evidence for alien contact requires what now?

Two pilots...oops, two RELIABLE pilots, as opposed to what type of pilot? Flighty? Fly-by-night?

And here you go with the same straw man. Obviously, you are unaware that people can spot a fallacious argument so let me be clear.

NO sighting of a machine is evidence for the origin of that machine.

Really? I saw a Ferrari today, no evidence it was made in Italy?

These posts work better if you think before you type.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join