It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
This is a pretty good blog on the pitfalls of arriving at truth.

McRaney sums it up nicely:

We invented the scientific method because we are naturally terrible at explaining our own experiences. Without the scientific method, there is no way to know what causes simple, everyday things like thunder. Every explanation is as good as another, and if an explanation becomes culturally bound and passed down, that becomes the official explanation for millennia. Our natural tendency is to confirm our assumptions, but science tries to disconfirm our assumptions one by one until the outline of the truth begins to form. Once we realized that approach generates results, we went from horses and tobacco enemas to mapping DNA and walking on the moon in a few generations.

This is what I was trying to say earlier
edit on 31-1-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I just see this a lot and I am trying to track down where this thought process came from. Did you come up with this on your own?

It's an argument that seems to have been around for years and probably decades. I dare say it came into popular usage between 1947 and 1950 when the discussion of 'mystery objects' had moved away from 'secret technology' and towards spaceships. Even then, people were thinking more along the lines of inter-planetary than other solar systems.

It's quite a consistent argument as it always stands on the word arrogant - there never seems to be other synonyms for the word. This is suggestive of a meme that's being transmitted through culture and that may indeed have a point of origin. Although I suspect it's been used since the early days, it's more likely to have been used in a popular book or movie and took on a life of its own from there. For example, if it were mentioned in Von Daniken, we'd be looking at a very influential source that sold millions in many languages.

It's not going to found in a Sagan book, it'll be something like Contactee or even perhaps Theosophical literature.

So I was having dinner with my 13 year old son tonight. When its just me and him we like talk about the alien stuff. So he was talking about how the government already knows about aliens...so I gave him the ol' "naaaaaahhh, there aint no aliens" he says....."how can you think we are alone in the universe?" So I looked at him and was like where the hell did you hear that from? I must have had a crazed look on my face because he looked at me funny and didn't know how to answer...then the sushi came and that was it....good kid.
edit on 31-1-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

Lets face it based on our technology it is just about impossible for ET to be visiting us here on earth. Even though these days most main stream boffins will say that it is unreasonable to assume we are alone in the universe.

So to this end skeptics will always ask for proof and if I had not looked at reports with an open mind and had not seen myself something that no one yet has been able give me a reasonable explanation for. www.abovetopsecret.com...

No proof or should we really say no proof that the main stream boffins and media will dare go near. Simply because it would seam that just to bring this subject up in conversation is a carrier ending item.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MAC269
a reply to: duaneology

Lets face it based on our technology it is just about impossible for ET to be visiting us here on earth. Even though these days most main stream boffins will say that it is unreasonable to assume we are alone in the universe.

So to this end skeptics will always ask for proof and if I had not looked at reports with an open mind and had not seen myself something that no one yet has been able give me a reasonable explanation for. www.abovetopsecret.com...

No proof or should we really say no proof that the main stream boffins and media will dare go near. Simply because it would seam that just to bring this subject up in conversation is a carrier ending item.

No proof that certain groups will dare go near? OK. Tell US what that proof is.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
In answer to the OP, no, no one here denies aliens exist.
Any light in the sky is "not of this world," OR, a chinese lantern.

Every single one is alien in origin, because every single human knows exactly how much tech everyone else has.
How could we possibly not? I'm a "high-ranking Air Force pilot, and I KNOW we don't have that tech, and I KNOW no one else does." Ok bro.

What if I told you I am a multi-millionaire, and I know about Tesla and Schumann, Schauberger and Schappelar, and I am responsible for this and that sightings.

Does that threaten your belief in aliens, like some statements threaten Christians belief in God?
Yea, good luck with all that then. I'll be watching you thru your window, sleep tight.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

There is unknown material (metal of some sort) that was said to have dropped from a UFO, there are numerous alleged alien implants. As it happens I can not recall any others right now but I am sure there must be many.

If we got down to evidence there are many thousand that all skeptic will just ignore, take alleged abductions for instance. There are so many that you have to assume 1 of 2 things, either they are real in many instances or we are looking at a very serious mental health problem.

Either way you would think that main stream boffins would be looking into the problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I just see this a lot and I am trying to track down where this thought process came from. Did you come up with this on your own?

It's an argument that seems to have been around for years and probably decades. I dare say it came into popular usage between 1947 and 1950 when the discussion of 'mystery objects' had moved away from 'secret technology' and towards spaceships. Even then, people were thinking more along the lines of inter-planetary than other solar systems.

It's quite a consistent argument as it always stands on the word arrogant - there never seems to be other synonyms for the word. This is suggestive of a meme that's being transmitted through culture and that may indeed have a point of origin. Although I suspect it's been used since the early days, it's more likely to have been used in a popular book or movie and took on a life of its own from there. For example, if it were mentioned in Von Daniken, we'd be looking at a very influential source that sold millions in many languages.

It's not going to found in a Sagan book, it'll be something like Contactee or even perhaps Theosophical literature.

So I was having dinner with my 13 year old son tonight. When its just me and him we like talk about the alien stuff. So he was talking about how the government already knows about aliens...so I gave him the ol' "naaaaaahhh, there aint no aliens" he says....."how can you think we are alone in the universe?" So I looked at him and was like where the hell did you hear that from? I must have had a crazed look on my face because he looked at me funny and didn't know how to answer...then the sushi came and that was it....good kid.

Poor kid.

You should have listened to what your son had to say, he knows more about the subject than you seem to. Instead, you push the "official story" of denial on him.

But, the bright side is, young people aren't buying that bull anymore, they're too bright to fall for the tired excuses, they know alien contact is happening, and actually happened decades ago.

Your son didn't believe your denial, and he won't. There's too much information available now, and though some people try to distort the record, it won't go away, and young people are having a much easier time dealing with it.

I'm sure you're a fine dad, just like most dads you may be a little out of touch.
edit on 1-2-2015 by debonkers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

When it comes to single individuals making statements about UFOs I tend to put them in a pile labeled HUM, maybe.

However when it comes to two different pilots in two different aircraft seeing the same incredible thing and a pilot that is backed up by radar and air traffic control, that goes into a bin labeled why would they make this stuff up especially as it is going to do the credibility of either no good what so ever.

To my mind there is just way too much credible evidence to not take this in my opinion seriously. However if you ignore all of this I do understand why you would just consider it all buncombe certainly I would.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

When it comes to single individuals making statements about UFOs I tend to put them in a pile labeled HUM, maybe.

However when it comes to two different pilots in two different aircraft seeing the same incredible thing and a pilot that is backed up by radar and air traffic control, that goes into a bin labeled why would they make this stuff up especially as it is going to do the credibility of either no good what so ever.

To my mind there is just way too much credible evidence to not take this in my opinion seriously. However if you ignore all of this I do understand why you would just consider it all buncombe certainly I would.

Exactly. It's easy to deny sightings of alien ships, all you have to do is ignore all the witnesses.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: debonkers

=====================================

Thanks so much for jumping in there with a similar point of view.

I come to ATS because I want to know what is going on as regards the UFO situation.

However I do not post that much because I think what is the point I am just wasting my breath so to speak. I try to look at some of the incidents studying only the facts that can not be argued and see what they point to. However one thing I know for sure it that you are not going to change the mind of a hard line skeptic. Also for sure there will be those on here who are paid disinformation agents.
That is how TPTB works, if they can not cover it up they do their best to discredit it. So long as they stop the masses taking a serious look they have won the on going battle.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: debonkers

Exactly. It's easy to deny sightings of alien ships, all you have to do is ignore all the witnesses.

Do the ships have "ALIEN" painted on the sides?

Has anyone here denied the very existence of UFOs?

When did two reliable pilots of aircraft simultaneously see actual alien being that were backed up by radar?

You guys just make up your own straw men because you got nothin.

Harte

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

=====================================

Thanks so much for jumping in there with a similar point of view.

I come to ATS because I want to know what is going on as regards the UFO situation.

However I do not post that much because I think what is the point I am just wasting my breath so to speak. I try to look at some of the incidents studying only the facts that can not be argued and see what they point to. However one thing I know for sure it that you are not going to change the mind of a hard line skeptic. Also for sure there will be those on here who are paid disinformation agents.
That is how TPTB works, if they can not cover it up they do their best to discredit it. So long as they stop the masses taking a serious look they have won the on going battle.

Mac, you speak wisely. Only they aren't skeptics. They believe every official denial, or pretend to. How is that a skeptic?

No, those of us that question, doubt, or reject the official government denials in favor of the eyewitnesses and whistleblowers, we are the true skeptics.
edit on 1-2-2015 by debonkers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Reply to Harte

(Reply from Harty: Do the ships have "ALIEN" painted on the sides?)

Well actually near enough yes, Rendlesham forest case December 1980. Hyroglific type symbols.

(Reply from Harty: When did two reliable pilots of aircraft simultaneously see actual alien being that were backed up by radar?)

Two commercial pilots going to and from the Channel Islands saw two giant UFOs back up by passengers. 2007. OK not beings as such but craft of seemingly imposable size.

There we are you see you were obviously unaware of these incidents and thousands more like them yet you say we have nothing. Go figure.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: debonkers

Do the ships have "ALIEN" painted on the sides?

Has anyone here denied the very existence of UFOs?

When did two reliable pilots of aircraft simultaneously see actual alien being that were backed up by radar?

You guys just make up your own straw men because you got nothin.

Harte

Sorry Harte, no need for straw men, or your misuse of the term.

So an acceptable level of evidence for alien contact requires what now?

Two pilots...oops, two RELIABLE pilots, as opposed to what type of pilot? Flighty? Fly-by-night?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Poor kid.

You should have listened to what your son had to say, he knows more about the subject than you seem to. Instead, you push the "official story" of denial on him.

I raise my kids to think for themselves. He did. Now go away.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Dear debonkers

Well I hope I speak wisely, I do try.

Ok using the term skeptic I was being nice just for once.

Just about anybody who takes the word of any government could be described as being foolhardy, there I am being nice again.

However it dose all go to proving my point in that people will refute, refute, and refute what is there without looking into the situation if it doesn’t suit their mindset.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MAC269

Well actually near enough yes, Rendlesham forest case December 1980. Hyroglific type symbols.

They were time travelers and they were coordinates and it was a made up story for a TV show.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Dear ZetaRediculian
TV fiction time travelers HUM.

I really must have missed something there. Perhaps one should try telling Retired Colonel Holt that.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Dear ZetaRediculian
TV fiction time travelers HUM.

I really must have missed something there. Perhaps one should try telling Retired Colonel Holt that.

It's Halt and he had nothing to do with the symbols or the binary code. Jim Penniston is the one with the claim of symbols and downloading binary code and people from the future. Don't you watch the History Channel?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MAC269

I agree with you here. There have been hundreds of pretty decent UFO sighting reports by pilots. Some of those have included simultaneous radar returns too which straight away reduces the chance that pilot/s and aircrews had a brain fart or were making it all up.

Is it enough to elevate the reports to proof of Folk from Elsewhere? Not for me.

The ETH is still something I consider alongside IDH, folkloric, Proton launches and hoaxery - a few more too. Have you ever seen the A-Team? Course you have! They have the crazy, comedy guy, the tough, trusty guy, the popular fixer guy and the maverick leader. Ufology seems to have a similar split with different people taking on character roles and pushing their own flavour of explanations. We've got the demons guy, underwater aliens guy, Nazi-aliens guy, Russian aerospace guy, the serious guys and the jokers - just like A-Team.

If there's one thing they have in common, it's this: UFO reports were here before they were born and they'll continue after death with no conclusions.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join