It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: Mehmet666Heineken

A former voiceless lurker.

Right. That's what they all say.

You registered today and you're on here calling people retards.

Welcome to the "pay no mind" list.

Hey you son of a dog (Female), I gave a lot of new insight to a lot of missing persons cases in my province and within 10 minutes of signing up here. The reason I signed up here was due to a missing persons case, in the USA. I live in Canada, so consider that a favour from a neighbour...yeah that's how we spell "favour" and "neighbour" you # up person.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I've attended ufo conferences. I've been to an abductee support meeting. It tends to work out imho to be about 10% or a little less are of sound mind. And those are the ones you want to speak with. And is there an attempt to paint all experiencers or ufo believers as whackos in this forum? Imho, yes, and it is not right to do so. You are throwing out the baby with the bathwater imo.

The skeptics tend to repeat the same mantra over and over and after 5 or more posts (I recall a thread where one well known skeptic member posted 82 times) need to step away from the computer and get a grip or go to the Dr. to help them with their Aspergers. (Which, interestingly, tends to be a common malady of skeptics, I should start a thread on that, huh?)

Some newer members don't realize that "The Gray Area" forum was fought long and hard for just for this reason. If you don't have physical proof you should post your experiences there. The Aliens and UFO forum is for the anal crowd only.

Do you agree?

STM

edit on 23-1-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

originally posted by: Paperjacket

That looks like someone used a ruler to draw straight lines and not a real representation of "straight" lines drawn by ancient aliens. If you provide me a giant ruler with giant purple and green markers and a giant white sheet of paper...

You simply missed my point. I used the flight route map to interpret why there are so many straight lines among the Nazca lines. Can't you see the similarity of the flight route map with the Nazca lines?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: Paperjacket

The Nazca lines were drawn to get the attention of the gods etc that primitive man created to explain things they did not understand YES MAN created god it happened all over the planet!!!

As for straight lines over vast distances NO PROBLEM!

SETTING OUT STRAIGHT LINES

Based on what you get the conclusion that the Nazca lines were to draw gods' attention?

As principle, a straight line could be draw in that way, then you just try to walk one and you will soon understand what I mean.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Paperjacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

You challenge him to try and walk a straight line?

Wow.

Harte

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Don' eben tryda stops me!

edit on 24-1-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You simply missed my point. I used the flight route map to interpret why there are so many straight lines among the Nazca lines. Can't you see the similarity of the flight route map with the Nazca lines?

well, the animal glyphs could be an ancient sky mall catalogue I suppose. But no, not really.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
Don' eben tryda stops me!

Beat me to it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: EnPassant
a reply to: DelMarvel

Hypnosis is not a royal road to truth but themes emerge from hypnosis that should not be ignored. For example, at the beginning themes about sexual encounters with beings and military elements emerged - to the surprise of the investigators. Initially these reports were left out of books and were not published. But abductees kept reporting these things until they could be ignored no longer. It was only then that they were published. What is that telling you?

It tells me exactly what I said before: researchers and authors often ignore experiencer reports that don't match their narrative.

Also, I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say "military elements" in reports surprised investigators. Which investigators? Well known theories about the alleged involvement of the military with UFOs go back at least to Keyhoe in the fifties if not earlier. It's hardly surprising that such reports would emerge under hypnosis.
By the way, I'm curious if you've read what Vallee has said about hypnotic regression of witnesses.

Hopkins and Jacobs got reports of people in military uniforms in abductions and did not publish them because they seemed to strange but these stories persisted. I'm not talking about the more general military aspect of this.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paperjacket

A bunch of random straight lines look similar to a bunch of random straight lines in both straightness and randomness. Amazing.
edit on 24-1-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

a reply to: EnPassant

Again, evidence proves nothing. It is neutral. It is the interpretation of the evidence that matters. There is a mountain of evidence pertaining to the ufo phenomenon and it is the interpretation that leads to the ETH. If you find flaws in this interpretation tell us what they are but don't speculate on faeries or what COULD be. Try to focus on what is the most coherent interpretation of the evidence.

What also matters is what you consider evidence. Asserting a mountain of evidence exists that can only be interpreted as ET doesn't mean a whole lot to people. The only evidence for this "mountain" is the repeated assertion that it exists. So First thing is to define what you mean by this "mountain of evidence" and where I can find it to look at it objectively. In other words, it must be quantified. You tube videos, hoaxed photos, random unverified quotations, alien abductions reported while under hypnosis, etc.., will not be accepted.

And you won't accept witness testimony either? I'm afraid there's nothing I can do for you if you don't.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: moebius
Show me your best UFO story wich requires ET to work, please.
I am so tired of witness testimony and lights in the sky.

Right to the point. Well said.

The ETH does not rely on any single episode. It is based on many things such as photographs, radar printouts, witness testimony etc. Themes emerge from all this evidence and when these themes are considered they point towards ETH.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You are not going to get anywhere with this phenomena unless you think it through and study it. You need to see behind simple events and see that these beings are sentient, intelligent, and know exactly what they are doing. What ARE they doing? Why would they behave like this? What is the purpose of this behavior? You need to split your mind in two; one half believes in aliens and the other doesn't. You need to see it from both sides. You need to believe and disbelieve at the same time; square the circle; think. It is not easy but you have to be totally objective. All I'm getting on this thread is knee jerk reactions and spurious exclamations about what could be instead of a reasoned open-minded discussion about the facts.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

double post.
edit on 24-1-2015 by EnPassant because: double post

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You need to split your mind in two; one half believes in aliens and the other doesn't.

You need to believe and disbelieve at the same time; square the circle

There ya go. Brilliant. Belief is a tool, so is dis-belief. It's also a commodity, maybe the most in-demand commodity next to precious metals and fertilizer. Belief has little and Big economies of its own.

Thanks EnPassant.

edit on 24-1-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You are not going to get anywhere with this phenomena unless you think it through and study it. You need to see behind simple events and see that these beings are sentient, intelligent, and know exactly what they are doing. What ARE they doing? Why would they behave like this? What is the purpose of this behavior? You need to split your mind in two; one half believes in aliens and the other doesn't. You need to see it from both sides. You need to believe and disbelieve at the same time; square the circle; think. It is not easy but you have to be totally objective. All I'm getting on this thread is knee jerk reactions and spurious exclamations about what could be instead of a reasoned open-minded discussion about the facts.

So he needs to "see" behind the the actual reports and "see" the aliens just as you "see" them in order to be "totally objective" and "open minded"?

With such clarity of sight it's odd that you can't see how ridiculous this line of reasoning is.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Again, evidence proves nothing. It is neutral. It is the interpretation of the evidence that matters. There is a mountain of evidence pertaining to the ufo phenomenon and it is the interpretation that leads to the ETH. If you find flaws in this interpretation tell us what they are but don't speculate on faeries or what COULD be. Try to focus on what is the most coherent interpretation of the evidence.

What also matters is what you consider evidence. Asserting a mountain of evidence exists that can only be interpreted as ET doesn't mean a whole lot to people. The only evidence for this "mountain" is the repeated assertion that it exists. So First thing is to define what you mean by this "mountain of evidence" and where I can find it to look at it objectively. In other words, it must be quantified. You tube videos, hoaxed photos, random unverified quotations, alien abductions reported while under hypnosis, etc.., will not be accepted.

And you won't accept witness testimony either? I'm afraid there's nothing I can do for you if you don't.

Witness testimony is notoriously unreliable. So I guess you're saying that's all you've got to support your ET hypothesis.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Right to the point. Well said.

The ETH does not rely on any single episode. It is based on many things such as photographs, radar printouts, witness testimony etc. Themes emerge from all this evidence and when these themes are considered they point towards ETH.

Photographs of ETs? Radar printouts of ETs? Let's see them.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

But you've already reached your conclusion. No, we don't need to believe in ETs and disbelieve at the same time. We need to be open to possibilities. That is not the same as believing. You have 70 years of people believing in ETs and still no evidence. Open-minded discussion of what facts? People keep asking you to back up your claims that ETs exist but you have not done so yet. Please do so now.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
a reply to: Tangerine

I've attended ufo conferences. I've been to an abductee support meeting. It tends to work out imho to be about 10% or a little less are of sound mind. And those are the ones you want to speak with. And is there an attempt to paint all experiencers or ufo believers as whackos in this forum? Imho, yes, and it is not right to do so. You are throwing out the baby with the bathwater imo.

The skeptics tend to repeat the same mantra over and over and after 5 or more posts (I recall a thread where one well known skeptic member posted 82 times) need to step away from the computer and get a grip or go to the Dr. to help them with their Aspergers. (Which, interestingly, tends to be a common malady of skeptics, I should start a thread on that, huh?)

Some newer members don't realize that "The Gray Area" forum was fought long and hard for just for this reason. If you don't have physical proof you should post your experiences there. The Aliens and UFO forum is for the anal crowd only.

Do you agree?

STM

I have not seen anyone paint "UFO believers" as whackos. Obviously, unidentified flying objects have been seen. That's what UFO means. It does not mean alien spaceships.

You have now accused skeptics (those who demand evidence to prove hypotheses) of having Aspergers. That's a claim of fact. Back up your claim with testable evidence, please.

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join