It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: draknoir2

paranoia at its best, there is no need for a direct discrediation of the UFO ETH topic stupid arguments and in fighting does that well enough.

there are for sure 101% some UFO-like USAF/SC out there im sure would fool pretty much anyone but myself having seen something i would classify as non-terrestrial have to by my own observations admit SOMETHING is among us

i believe, sceptically

How do you go about classifying something as non-terrestrial when you can't possibly know the origin of an unidentifed flying object? I'm interested in how you go about this process.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
Personally, I would love to see a program that "analyzes sentiment". Could be the start of SkyNet.

edit on 22-1-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: EnPassant

(The descriptions of the greys emerged before they were in the media and they were described by people who had no exposure ufology because they did not take an interest in it. The greys just emerged spontaneously from many independent sources.)

Absolutely false and you know it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the Hill case the description of the greys did not come until very late - only months before the Valensole case.

Again...

The Hills met with a NICAP investigator for an interview in October of 1961, after having reported the events to the USAF, three and a half years before the Valensole case. The Hills discussed the case with friends and UFO researchers alike, even lecturing on it in 1963. It was well known in UFO circles by 1965.

The Hills case was generally known at those times but the descriptions of the greys did not emerge (from Barney Hill) until much later - months before the Valensole case.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

a reply to: Tangerine
It is not about proof it is about evaluating the evidence.

Can you give us some of the evidence that, when evaluated, leads to the ETH rather than, say, interdimensional beings or faeries as the cause?

Some argue that the faeries myth comes from early abductions - there are remarkable similarities, such as stealing babies etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Can you give us some of the evidence that, when evaluated, leads to the ETH rather than, say, interdimensional beings or faeries as the cause?

Some argue that the faeries myth comes from early abductions - there are remarkable similarities, such as stealing babies etc.

That's not an answer to my question. My question concerns evidence not speculation.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
Personally, I would love to see a program that "analyzes sentiment". Could be the start of SkyNet.

Wonder if it could analyze how many fingers I'm holding up.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Wonder if it could analyze how many fingers I'm holding up.

One. next.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me.
I saw it, I saw it, I tell you no lies.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

from educated observation of aircraft military and other wise.

obviously i'm not in on the ULTRA black craft but a orange ball close enough i could easily have hit it with a rock silently and seemingly effortlessly disappearing over the horizon a blink of a eye more then likely non-terrestrial.

were good at engineering, but i ASSUME were still using solid materials to build and fly around in

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Personally, I would love to see a program that "analyzes sentiment".

LIWC

It's what was used, in part, to conduct the infamous "Facebook Experiment"

Hadoop and its family of tools is also very powerful, and also used at FB.

Which is not to say that my finger is not in solidarity with your own.

ETA: I realize that you are probably thinking that the program itself cant' "analyze" sentiment, and you're right. But what it does do, is it counts through everything that you feed it, remembers it all, classes it all meaningfully within a framework of previously provided "key words" and barfs it up formatted in a way that makes it as easy as possible to apply the mind to the information and do the "analysis".

Anyhow, I'm particularly amused because this is the first time since the FB thing that I have heard anyone threaten anyone else with a Hadoop cluster running LIWC. I seriously warned people about this kinda ridiculous # like, 2 years ago. It's bananas.

edit on 22-1-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

from educated observation of aircraft military and other wise.

obviously i'm not in on the ULTRA black craft but a orange ball close enough i could easily have hit it with a rock silently and seemingly effortlessly disappearing over the horizon a blink of a eye more then likely non-terrestrial.

were good at engineering, but i ASSUME were still using solid materials to build and fly around in

As you said, you're unaware of secret military craft. Even if you are correct that something is not a product of the military, how can you be certain that it's of extraterrestrial origin?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BybyotsThanks for that. I may make use of that.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

a reply to: DelMarvel
The descriptions of the greys emerged through hypnosis. One hypnotic subject describe greys? - well, maybe. Two describe them without having heard the other's testimony? - interesting. People all over the place are describing the same beings without knowing each other? The only explanation here is that these are objective real beings.

Hypnotic subjects are very susceptible to being influenced by the hypnotist. That's been demonstrated in multiple applications of the method. Don't know the current scene but somebody like Jacobs was completely upfront about his belief in implanted screen memories. If he didn't get the account he wanted the first time he would keep re-hypnotizing over and over with leading questions until he did. One of the memorable cases from one of his books was an experiencer who reported meeting a beautiful female entity with long black hair who had sex with him. Jacobs kept hypnotizing him and grilling him with suggestive questions about the hair until he convinced him that the hair was actually the large black eyes of a Grey. That's just one example of how this can work. Another point being that people who have strange experiences that don't fit the narrative never sought out someone like Mack or Jacobs in the first place and were not included in the development of the Myth.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Paperjacket

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

a reply to: Paperjacket

if you want evidence, I think the Nazca lines are evidence that may prove that extraterrestrials visited the earth and I also establish a hypothesis and you are welcomed to challenge my analysis .

Bravo you think its evidence.

It was an enjoyable read but what you think is evidence of ET might be thought of as evidence for something else by many others.

Hey but thinking is good, keep it up

Yes of course.
Half glass of water can be described as either half full or half empty. In fact I welcome any hypothesis as long as it is reasonable.

But it remains water in the glass.

The idea that Aliens had something to do with artifacts like the Nazca lines substitutes otherworldly matters for purely terrestrial ones.

The fact is, the lines can be easily made with three sticks and a good set of eyes. Since, on this particular planet, both sticks and eyes are in abundance, there is no reason to bring any offworld sticks or eyes into that equation.

When you claim they are some sort of "evidence" for alien intervention (of whatever kind,) what you are saying is the equivalent of me claiming the lines are evidence of a traveling troupe of elephants trudging across the plain.

Harte

Sorry you don't get me. Half of glass of water is the FACT. However, different people may have different mapping of the fact and therefore come to different attitudes/theories. For those who regard it as half full, they may think about drinking the water while for those who regard it half empty tend to fill more. Now you see how different it is. Different outcomes derives from the exactly same fact just because of attitude.

As to the Nazca lines, no one dares to claim that it can be EASILY achieved or the lines would not remain a myth at all. This result in fact can be rather easily achieved logically. Or you can try to draw a one meter perfect straight line with a ruler and after your attempt you try to figure out how to draw a nine mile straight line with what you called three sticks and eyes. After that you then imagine an empire state building size shape and try to draw it on the ground. Do you have any idea how difficulty to draw that size picture? It is more difficult than draw a picture blindfolded. I do not know how you come to the conclusion "the lines can be easily made with three sticks and a good set of eyes".

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

As to the Nazca lines, no one dares to claim that it can be EASILY achieved or the lines would not remain a myth at all. This result in fact can be rather easily achieved logically. Or you can try to draw a one meter perfect straight line with a ruler and after your attempt you try to figure out how to draw a nine mile straight line with what you called three sticks and eyes. After that you then imagine an empire state building size shape and try to draw it on the ground. Do you have any idea how difficulty to draw that size picture? It is more difficult than draw a picture blindfolded. I do not know how you come to the conclusion "the lines can be easily made with three sticks and a good set of eyes".

It's easy when you have access to Alien Technology!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I don't know a whole lot about the Nazca lines but how are we defining "straight line" here? Are they perfectly edged down to the inch? I would think that there could be a margin of error of up to several feet depending on how wide they are. If looking at these lines from high above, the errors would certainly be less noticeable. In this case, it certainly should be possible to make a "straight line" with unlimited time for correcting and adjusting.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Anyway it deserves good explanation.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Picture is worth a thousand words, PJ.

Next lesson involves perfect circles and a rope.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I don't know a whole lot about the Nazca lines but how are we defining "straight line" here? Are they perfectly edged down to the inch? I would think that there could be a margin of error of up to several feet depending on how wide they are. If looking at these lines from high above, the errors would certainly be less noticeable. In this case, it certainly should be possible to make a "straight line" with unlimited time for correcting and adjusting.

In fact, it is more easily to feel a line straight even if it is not straight when you stand on the ground because you just do not see the whole picture. However the Nazca lines are very straight when you look at them from the sky. There are many photos you can refer to and even you can observe those straight line by Google Earth. While in fact this is still not the key point. The key point is that it is very much difficult to draw a straight line of 9 miles or even 30 miles with very primitive tools on hands.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Picture is worth a thousand words, PJ.

Next lesson involves perfect circles and a rope.

even a 200 meter diameter crop circle is not comparable with a nine mile straight line at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join