It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

My point is we have noticed over the years there is an effort to undermine ET threads.

Well yeah, using the opinion that E.T. isn't part of the equation when it comes to the UFO phenomenon.

That's okay, right?

edit on 17-1-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

My point is we have noticed over the years there is an effort to undermine ET threads.

Well yeah, using the opinion that E.T. isn't part of the equation when it comes to the UFO phenomenon.
That's okay, right?

Who is to say what is what with 100% certainty, but to discount the idea of other intelligent life in the universe is kinda silly in my opinion.
edit on 17-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Who is to say what with 100% certainty, but to discount the idea of other intelligent life in the universe is kinda silly in my opinion.

Count me silly.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Who is to say what is what with 100% certainty, but to discount the idea of other intelligent life in the universe is kinda silly in my opinion.

oops there it is. So I have to know. How does having an opinion that ETs are not piloting UFOs equate to discounting life in the universe? It is really odd how often this is said like this. But why "silly"? isn't it "arrogance" usually? But why would it be silly even if by chance someone did equate those two distinct concepts?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

oops there it is. So I have to know. How does having an opinion that ETs are not piloting UFOs equate to discounting life in the universe? It is really odd how often this is said like this. But why "silly"? isn't it "arrogance" usually? But why would it be silly even if by chance someone did equate those two distinct concepts?

Who said anything like that?

I am saying who knows with 100% anything?

Why would anyone believe we are the only intelligent life in the universe who knows?

I however dont think we are alone in the universe, nor do I think all ETs that have ever been spotted are hoaxes.

Sure ETs may be flying them or could be earthly humans I dunno, I cant say 100% either one because I am looking at it from my limited perspective.

Some do arrogantly believe we are the highest form of life in the universe, I dont agree with that at all.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Well indeed. However, whether there is other intelligent life in the universe is not the key factor in establishing the identity of the unidentified flying objects which have been reported over the years. Mathematically speaking, there is next to no chance that our planet, out of the vast number in the universe, is the only one which contains life, and only a slightly better chance than none, that it is the only one playing host to intelligent life.

The real question however, is whether or not those other intelligences have visited here or not, and that is a question upon which there is much more work to be done, before we can make even the most rudimentary suggestions, let alone come to conclusions upon that point!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

However, seeing an unidentified flying object in no way proves that aliens exist, have visited earth and have abducted people.

i agree - i don't remember saying it does

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Well, somehow the conversation jumped from "ETs and the UFO phenomenon" on the first post of the page to "discounting the idea of other intelligent life in the universe" in the next post. I am just trying to understand how they are connected and what made you think of "discounting intelligent life in the universe" based on the first post?

I just see this a lot and I am trying to track down where this thought process came from. Did you come up with this on your own?

Some do arrogantly believe we are the highest form of life in the universe, I dont agree with that at all.

I honestly cant think of anyone that has stated this in this forum which is why I am perplexed.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Some would even say arrogant.

Edit: Sorry, it would seem my joke was spoiled by your actual use of that cliche'.
edit on 17-1-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Maybe there's been an organized effort to undermine this forum by having fake ET enthusiasts make silly claims they can't back up. It defies credulity that real ET enthusiasts would be so lacking in actual evidence supporting their claims that ETs exist, visit earth, and abduct people.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

I'll just stick to your question at large. No, otherwise
I'd know about it.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I just had a thought. Could it be that, in an attempt to undermine the UFO forum, all the ET enthusiasts with evidence that ETs exist, have visited earth, and abduct people have been abducted and not returned? That would explain the total lack of evidence in these threads. What do you all think?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Skeptics beware:

Before sticking to your theories, add to your equation the numerous and credible accounts of "mile-long" sightings or sightings of incredibly large entities, especially over military compounds, that, when approached, somehow zoom off at mind-bending speeds.

Ponder what they are, where they come from and ask yourself why you should discount this small, but yet incredibly important piece of tidbit that may yet sway your thought process.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
Skeptics beware:

Before sticking to your theories, add to your equation the numerous and credible accounts of "mile-long" sightings or sightings of incredibly large entities, especially over military compounds, that, when approached, somehow zoom off at mind-bending speeds.

Ponder what they are, where they come from and ask yourself why you should discount this small, but yet incredibly important piece of tidbit that may yet sway your thought process.

Mile long entities? Don't you mean objects or lights? Unidentified flying objects? I don't think anyone is denying the existence of unidentified flying objects. Some of us are saying there has been no testable evidence presented proving that they are of extraterrestrial origin or piloted or otherwise controlled by ETs or that ETs have abducted humans. If you possess testable evidence proving any of this (if that's what you're claiming), I think I speak for many people when I say we'd love to see it.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
add to your equation the numerous and credible accounts of "mile-long" sightings or sightings

"mile long" ufo's that no one has ever been able to photograph or video....

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I just see this a lot and I am trying to track down where this thought process came from. Did you come up with this on your own?

It's an argument that seems to have been around for years and probably decades. I dare say it came into popular usage between 1947 and 1950 when the discussion of 'mystery objects' had moved away from 'secret technology' and towards spaceships. Even then, people were thinking more along the lines of inter-planetary than other solar systems.

It's quite a consistent argument as it always stands on the word arrogant - there never seems to be other synonyms for the word. This is suggestive of a meme that's being transmitted through culture and that may indeed have a point of origin. Although I suspect it's been used since the early days, it's more likely to have been used in a popular book or movie and took on a life of its own from there. For example, if it were mentioned in Von Daniken, we'd be looking at a very influential source that sold millions in many languages.

It's not going to found in a Sagan book, it'll be something like Contactee or even perhaps Theosophical literature.

edit on 1.18.2015 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Well, somehow the conversation jumped from "ETs and the UFO phenomenon" on the first post of the page to "discounting the idea of other intelligent life in the universe" in the next post. I am just trying to understand how they are connected and what made you think of "discounting intelligent life in the universe" based on the first post?

I honestly cant think of anyone that has stated this in this forum which is why I am perplexed.

Dude people have been saying this forever in our popular culture, that there may be no advanced alien life out there.

Aso that we have never ever been in contact with advanced alien life ever before, and somehow just evolved into who and what we are today. . . .

Most scientific theories rally around this point that we have never been created or have never been tampered with, nor have we ever had contact.

Its just ignorant in my opinion to think you have always been alone, are the most intelligent form of life that exists, and may always be alone in the future, because we are all there is.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Although I suspect it's been used since the early days, it's more likely to have been used in a popular book or movie and took on a life of its own from there. For example, if it were mentioned in Von Daniken, we'd be looking at a very influential source that sold millions in many languages.

It's not going to found in a Sagan book, it'll be something like Contactee or even perhaps Theosophical literature.

if it did have a specific source, my guess would be popular science fiction - something like 'the day the earth stood still', or maybe even as far back as 'the war of the worlds'

the general argument though is very old and very deep in our culture - the old testament and greek mythology for instance are full of it

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Its just ignorant in my opinion to think you have always been alone, are the most intelligent form of life that exists, and may always be alone in the future, because we are all there is.

^^ That's the part where communication has broken down and you've misheard what the other person meant.

If someone doesn't believe that aliens or spacecraft have been to earth, it doesn't mean they believe no life exists anywhere. It's possible to disbelieve visiting aliens/craft and remain convinced that life exists somewhere else.

Likewise, not believing in visiting aliens/craft does not mean the person thinks Humanity is the 'most intelligent form of life that exists.' Neither does it mean that they believe we're the only life there is.

'Alone in the future' is something we can't rule out. Until we have accepted evidence of life outside of Earth, we are the only life known in the universe.

Personally, I think there's something very interesting about UFO reports, anomalies and phenomena. I'm very well-read on the subject and have looked at it from many angles and over several years. I've heard 100s of hours of audio reports and interviews etc. This isn't me bragging (who brags about UFOs? lol), it's just background to saying this: nothing has convinced me of aliens. It's possible to take the subject seriously without sticking a flag in one explanation.

a reply to: aynock

if it did have a specific source, my guess would be popular science fiction - something like 'the day the earth stood still', or maybe even as far back as 'the war of the worlds'

Yeah, good point and quite possible

edit on 1.18.2015 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join