It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Futile resistance is better than no resistance :-)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The question then becomes what to do with them. Ignore them?

Oh I don't know. I kind of live by that rule "No man can tell another what to do." If you feel the need to light them up, then by all means...its the internet. Personally I just ignore...or try to.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: aynock

i'm not aware of any follow up or whether any other witnesses came forward

i did find this which was new to me:

link

looks like pretty poor cgi to me but nick pope seemed impressed:

UFO expert Nick Pope told the Sun: 'It's a really interesting video. Assuming it's genuine, it's one of the most bizarre pieces of UFO footage I've seen in a long time.

That whole video screams fake. If there was remotely anything interesting going on in the skies then at least some of the traffic would be slowing down on the motorway but there is no sign of it and not a brake light in sight. The only reaction seems to come from the people involved in creating the footage.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Oh I don't know. I kind of live by that rule "No man can tell another what to do."

Don't live by that rule.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: duaneology
After spending some time here I'm beginning to understand the frustration of those who ridicule the Aliens & UFOs forum here on ATS. It seems impossible to have any sort of discussion without it being swarmed by crazies posting ridiculous YouTube "proof" videos or quoting bible prophecy or just plain ranting about paranoid anti-government, secret society, lizard overlord nonsense.

Are these the agents of disinformation or is it the ones who show up to argue with them?

I'm one of those that limit almost all my posts to one particular forum section - and it ain't this one.

Primarily because of the lunatics you mention, but also because I'm not prepared to spend hours of my life every week looking at youtube vids and reading anecdotes from shysters.

Harte

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

i'm not aware of any follow up or whether any other witnesses came forward

i did find this which was new to me:

link

looks like pretty poor cgi to me but nick pope seemed impressed:

UFO expert Nick Pope told the Sun: 'It's a really interesting video. Assuming it's genuine, it's one of the most bizarre pieces of UFO footage I've seen in a long time.

I'm of the opinion that Nick Pope is impressed when he's told to be. The Brits have some of the sharpest minds to be found in ufology, imo. Nick Pope ain't one of them.

edit on 1-11-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

i tend to view nick pope as a 'media personality' rather than a serious researcher, more interested in earning a living out of this area than finding any kind of truth

that's his prerogative as far as i'm concerned - to me he seems to choose his words carefully, often sounding authoritative without really saying anything at all (much like most politicians)

Nick Pope is also available as a paid spokesperson for PR campaigns/movie launches on these themes. See the Media and PR Campaigns sections of this website for more details of Nick Pope's previous experience and areas of expertise.

link

edit on 2-11-2014 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Who would that be? Do tell...

my guess is it's a reference to john lundberg, the director of 'mirage men'

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This thread is a bit ironical considering the OP put some effort into undermining the forums with his hoax thread. However, not very organized. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
This thread is a bit ironical considering the OP put some effort into undermining the forums with his hoax thread. However, not very organized. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Any experience that ends in free pizza can't be all bad.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

very interesting that someone would hoax a story about 'a US military exercise that was intended to simulate a classic abduction experience'

link

looks like being the new trend

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: duaneology
Yes they are and they keep saying 'Prove it. Prove it' Many things are believed to be true that cannot be proved. I have learned to ignore these people.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnPassant
Yes they are and they keep saying 'Prove it. Prove it' Many things are believed to be true that cannot be proved. I have learned to ignore these people.

www.logicallyfallacious.com...

I thought the forum's motto was to deny ignorance...
edit on 16-1-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EnPassant

So you have learned to ignore the people that wouldn't even think of hoaxing the forum but agree with the people that have?in which case you are ignoring the information that they have in fact undermined the forum since the people you are ignoring provided that info in which case I am responding to you for nothing because you are probably ignoring me.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

here's an interesting case from the uk media:

link

'Freaked out' BBC reporter tells millions of radio listeners of the moment he faced a UFO on his way to work

i'm a regular listener to the station (mainly the sports coverage), but i happened to be listening to the news the morning this incident occurred

fwiw, mr sewell has always struck me as a good, down to earth, level-headed sports reporter

the appearance and comments of timothy good are also interesting

I don't doubt that people have seen unidentified flying objects. However, seeing an unidentified flying object in no way proves that aliens exist, have visited earth and have abducted people.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnPassant

And we ignore your claims of evidence, claims that are not backed up with actual evidence .

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You bet there is an effort to undermine aliens and UFOs.

Notice no effort to undermine other useless drivel posted over and over about race and such. . . .

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

It is...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Notice no effort to undermine other useless drivel posted over and over about race and such. . . .

Which aliens have we undermined, the greys, reptoids, others? If you bring them in here we promise to not undermine them. Of course they'll have to provide their own refreshments.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Which aliens have we undermined, the greys, reptoids, others? If you bring them in here we promise to not undermine them. Of course they'll have to provide their own refreshments.

Right ok sure whatever that makes total sense I would be posting online here and have a direct line to ETs. . .

My point is we have noticed over the years there is an effort to undermine ET threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join