It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tina Brown: Obama Makes Women Feel Unsafe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Am I the only ATS member to notice the complete silence of resident "ObamaBots" recently in Madness Forum?

Well, it is for the up-coming election and Obama's losing-streak on policy?
Yes.
Even MSNBC is reporting facts:

She was on Morning Joe today. She's the founder and former editor of The Daily Beast and Newsweek, and founder of Tina Brown Live. They were having a discussion about recent polls that showed the Democrats are struggling with women in the 2014 midterm races. And we've mentioned this, that this so-called War on Women is actually coming back to bite the Democrats in a lot of ways, but this sound bite -- well, just hear it on your own. I don't even want to characterize it before you hear it. She was talking to the cohostette, Mika Brzezinski, who said, "Tina, what do you think is behind these numbers, the Democrats losing women?"

BROWN: Particularly for women, I don't think he makes them feel safe. They're feeling unsafe. They feel unsafe economically. They're feeling unsafe with regard to ISIS. They're feeling unsafe about Ebola. What they feel unsafe about is the government response to different crises. And I think that they're beginning to feel a bit that Obama's like that guy in the corner office who's too cool for school, calls a meeting, says this has to change, doesn't put anything in place to make sure it does change. Then it goes wrong, and he's blaming everybody.

Rush Limbaugh Website

We told you so!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Granite

Am I the only ATS member to notice the complete silence of resident "ObamaBots" recently in Madness Forum?

Well it seems many supporters are out of ammo.

Too many quagmires now.

Idealisms shattering like glass on cement.

A lot of personal attacks and tangents and deflections.

I think the Administration's failures outweigh any feeble successes.

The handwriting is on the wall.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

This goes hand in hand with all the people walking out on his speech this past weekend in Maryland.

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama made a rare appearance on the campaign trail on Sunday with a rally to support the Democratic candidate for governor in Maryland, but early departures of crowd members while he spoke underscored his continuing unpopularity. www.reuters.com...

As a Woman...I must admit, I've never felt safe with Obama as President. He came across as a salesman in the beginning to me, not a person who loved this Country.

Des

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Tina Brown doesn't speak for women. I feel perfectly safe. Where are the polls she's talking about?

Obama’s rating was up two points among men (42 percent to 44 percent previously) while up five points among women (to 47 percent).

Obama Gets Bump in Approval

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

This goes hand in hand with all the people walking out on his speech this past weekend in Maryland.

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama made a rare appearance on the campaign trail on Sunday with a rally to support the Democratic candidate for governor in Maryland, but early departures of crowd members while he spoke underscored his continuing unpopularity. www.reuters.com...

As a Woman...I must admit, I've never felt safe with Obama as President. He came across as a salesman in the beginning to me, not a person who loved this Country.

Des

But, But Des...ObamaBot's said 100 times it was "war on Women"!!!!!!!
There done...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well it seems many supporters are out of ammo.

Too many quagmires now.

Idealisms shattering like glass on cement.

A lot of personal attacks and tangents and deflections.

I think the Administration's failures outweigh any feeble successes.

The handwriting is on the wall.

We need an emoticon for "dead ObamaBots".

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
damn guys crazy

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Tina Brown doesn't speak for women. I feel perfectly safe. Where are the polls she's talking about?

Obama’s rating was up two points among men (42 percent to 44 percent previously) while up five points among women (to 47 percent).

Obama Gets Bump in Approval

Sorry,the polls source were part the beginning of the broadcast.
It is on MoreStupidNewsBlabberingChicks if you want to search...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Get ready for a wild ride America! When the Publicans get the majority in the senate, Big O is going to be so busy keeping them on the defensive with all his "fundemental Change" EO's that nothing is gonna done.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

Well, it is for the up-coming election and Obama's losing-streak on policy?
Yes.
Even MSNBC is reporting facts:

She was on Morning Joe today. She's the founder and former editor of The Daily Beast and Newsweek, and founder of Tina Brown Live. They were having a discussion about recent polls that showed the Democrats are struggling with women in the 2014 midterm races. And we've mentioned this, that this so-called War on Women is actually coming back to bite the Democrats in a lot of ways, but this sound bite -- well, just hear it on your own. I don't even want to characterize it before you hear it. She was talking to the cohostette, Mika Brzezinski, who said, "Tina, what do you think is behind these numbers, the Democrats losing women?"

BROWN: Particularly for women, I don't think he makes them feel safe. They're feeling unsafe. They feel unsafe economically. They're feeling unsafe with regard to ISIS. They're feeling unsafe about Ebola. What they feel unsafe about is the government response to different crises. And I think that they're beginning to feel a bit that Obama's like that guy in the corner office who's too cool for school, calls a meeting, says this has to change, doesn't put anything in place to make sure it does change. Then it goes wrong, and he's blaming everybody.

Rush Limbaugh Website

We told you so!

Wait, you didn't quote and link Rush Limbaugh did you? LOL Obama may not be a good president, but Limbaugh is a lunatic. There's a big difference. Wow.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
She's right, we are scared. I am, I know that much.

I was scared of George W. Bush at one point too but for an entirely different reason. I was scared he would nuke somebody over 9/11. I prefer that fear over being afraid Obama might actually WANT AMERICANS to die and that he doesn't give a flying flip about me and my children, or anyone else's for that matter.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow! Twenty-one exclamation points. That must mean it's obviously true.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
As a woman, I don't feel any more or less safe than I have for the past three decades or so. Tina Brown certainly doesn't speculate for me either. What a bunch of gobbledygook.

I'm not feeling unsafe but what I am feeling is more anger at the lack of women in Congress. Maybe if we changed that the rest would follow.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
Sorry,the polls source were part the beginning of the broadcast.

Limbaugh's lying (again). There are no polls. They were not even discussing polls. They were discussing getting women out to vote.

Basically, this is one woman's opinion. she also says:

But at the same time, we ought to also think about what Republicans are doing for women, which is very little,” Brown said. “They blocked the Paycheck Fairness Act, the fourth time since 2012. You know, they are really just not helping women at all. This gap in the economy is terrible. The fact that women are losing their jobs even more than men because of this whole kind of part-time issue and the economy’s terrible. So, you know, it’s not good.”

Source

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The rhetoric sounds like the Dems know they can't get another male democrat elected.

So is the gender card being pulled?
The fear also is directed at Republicans also since 9/11 and the economic crisis.

So why not distance themselves from the current administration( both MSNBC and democrats). And push for a new woman run administration..

For MSNBC to start belittling the current government....
Not like them at all...
Feels like it's prep work.

Are they paving the way for Hillary Clinton?
Thus ensuring the favored party remain in power?

Note: I do not like like saying "Gender card" but I didn't know how to better word it.
edit on 20-10-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Bigburgh

Not like them at all...

I think it's also part of a "controlled opposition" tactic.

When a seemingly supportive group says something "against" who they support, the damage effects are controllable.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: Bigburgh

Not like them at all...

I think it's also part of a "controlled opposition" tactic.

When a seemingly supportive group says something "against" who they support, the damage effects are controllable.

Thank you.
That's a better way to put it.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Pretty much everybody I know who voted for Obama acts like a dog with their tail between their legs when you I mention him. The realization that he's simply just another disappointment, a puppet and that they were duped into voting for him is too much for them to handle.

If they're not vehemently opposed to him now, they're completely disheartened and now realize politics never brings change in favor of the people.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Once again, out of all the things we could blast Obama over, we have to make up some silly statement like "Obama makes women feel unsafe".

What?

That entire notion is predicated on the idea that women are weak, fragile little creatures that cower at the slightest bit of instability or trouble. Which is not true whatsoever.

This says more about the people making the statement, than it does women's support for Obama.

Why can't we talk policy instead of stupid # like this?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Pretty much everybody I know who voted for Obama acts like a dog with their tail between their legs when you I mention him. The realization that he's simply just another disappointment, a puppet and that they were duped into voting for him is too much for them to handle.

If they're not vehemently opposed to him now, they're completely disheartened and now realize politics never brings change in favor of the people.

But what was the choice? Romney? That's a bad choice. What about McCain? That choice was better until he got Palin on board and then bam...again not really a choice. Obama/Romney Obama/Palin? I'd still pick Obama both times. Give me someone better. Hillary/Bush next term? Rough...Bush is a bad choice too....There are no leaders on the conservative side.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join