It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible 'Witch Bottle' Found in Nottinghamshire

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jinni73

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Cuervo

So made by witches to protect against ill-intentioned witches?

Evil intent comes from many sources. Not all who produce unwelcome magic effects are witches. Some are pastors, some are sorcerers, and some are simply psychics with poor ethics.

Also, what two people consider to be "evil" are two entirely different things. I see many evils in the westernized Christian church while they would see everything I do as evil. I base it on intent. If something comes from fear or hate, it's "evil" to me. Superstition and dogma play no role in that determination.

why do you think witches are evil stop listening to the catholic church the genuine evil on this planet, a witch is a person who supplied herbs for medicine and pharmacy means sorcery

Hah hah. I think you totally misread my post. I'm intimately acquainted with the subject and definitely wasn't saying what you think I was.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
LOL OK

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There's no such thing as witches, only excitable people believe in them. Rave on.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
That's a mighty fancy bottle for such foul things.

Looks like something a witch would want to use rather than run from.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
As a witch myself I've made my own, its nothing for people to get spooked about and is a interesting artifact and connection to life a few hundred years ago. It is amusing that people would consider it protection against witchcraft per say, particularly looking through a religious point of view, as to make a witch bottle would be considered to go against christian theology and into the realms of witchcraft.

There's still a prevailing view that its all satanic or evil, but these are constructs of other religeons. I don't believe in the devil, its not part of my system of beliefs, no more so than Vishnu would be to Christians or Jesus to Aethiests. Evil doesn't even bare thinking about, sadly programs like american horror story make it appear that you have to be 'special' or 'gifted' and there are no consequences, which is a polar opposite to nearly every witch I know. I wouldn't harm anyone knowing I'm going too get it back!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Actually it sounds more like protection of a witch rather than against a witch.

In current witchcraft practices putting hair, pins and urine into a bottle and burying it especially if the area was once a cross roads, is a spell to get a person who is causing you trouble to leave you alone. Unless back in the 1600s they fought witchcraft with witchcraft.

Any other witches agree with me?

reply to: butcherguy

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

My sentiments exactly, protection for a witch not against a witch.

It is a beautiful bottle and so well preserved as well.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Exactly. I'm more inclined to think like you that this was done by a witch not a layperson against a witch. a reply to: ObsidianEclipse

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The witches of ATS stand United. Yay.a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Part of the spell involves burying them so they won't be disturbed so chances are you won't have to avoid them. They will avoid you. LOL.a reply to: theantediluvian

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh no!!! Not another virus!!!

The old glass was a bit thicker than what we use now because it was blown by mouth not poured into a mold. Nearby Williamsburg, a preserved colonial area has unearthed glassware from the same timeframe here in Virginia. There is a lot on display in a recreated glassworks on the land of the one from the 1600s. I have found early glassware and bottles on my own property. The house is 100 years old and the property is big for a city lot. Hampton is the oldest English speaking city in America with deep colonial roots.
So fascinating when we come across things like this that really exemplify life in earlier times. . a reply to: Destinyone

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I've read of one that had belly button lint.
Damn I was wondering where that went.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
All the witches say the exact same thing.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Well... from where I come from any personal object, such as hair, urine or fingernail clippings, in the hands of any ill intentioned ones can only hurt you. This is why you protect these things and make certain to dispose of them where no one will be able to get their hands on them.

Running around leaving bottles of these things around can only hurt you in the end. Not help. Weird.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So made by witches to protect against ill-intentioned witches?

Not usually. Made by a witch because someone was hassling her or making her life miserable. I made one once for a supervisor who was a well it rhymes with witch. Very soon after she was transferred to another location.

PS I also got the position she vacated as an added bonus.
edit on PM0000003100000010104335312014-10-22T13:35:24-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You're certain of that are you???a reply to: TownCryer

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Well... from where I come from any personal object, such as hair, urine or fingernail clippings, in the hands of any ill intentioned ones can only hurt you. This is why you protect these things and make certain to dispose of them where no one will be able to get their hands on them.

Running around leaving bottles of these things around can only hurt you in the end. Not help. Weird.
which explains fully why this was buried. And supports the notion that it was done by a witch not to a witch.
The very strict laws against witches and witchcraft where practitioners were burned at the stake supports that too. No devout Christian would have dared utilize methods like this one.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

If a witch did it, it would have been someone elses clippings, not hers. It would have been against someone, to protect her from them...not the other way around.

I don't understand why the other way around. Makes no sense to me. This thread is like having a bunch of people saying that apples are orange, but they are still apples.
edit on 22-10-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

If a witch did it, it would have been someone elses clippings, not hers. It would have been against someone, to protect her from them...not the other way around.

I don't understand why the other way around. Makes no sense to me. This thread is like having a bunch of people saying that apples are orange, but they are still apples.

I totally understand why you would think that and it seems counter-intuitive to think otherwise but it's true; the practitioner puts his or her own stuff in there. Hair, clippings, notes, needles, urine, etc. There are reasons for this but, mainly, the bottle acts more like an absorption for negativity... think of it like a black hole that sucks in and stores nefarious intents headed toward the practitioner who made the bottle.

Any person who would later find that bottle and try to use it against its maker would end up regretting it as it would be an act of masochism.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The personal objects placed in the bottle attract the malice of the persons ill will and lead it away from you, buried at a cross road the malelovent energy does not know which way to go and is trapped there forever more.

Whilst in 'voodoo' practices personal objects could be used against you, this quite goes against witchery. The items in the witches jar are blessed accordingly for their particular function and can't later be used as a conduit of ill intent towards to creater.
edit on 22-10-2014 by ObsidianEclipse because: Miss spellings (no pun intended)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join