It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Serial Killer Identified by Hammond Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I hadn't seen this on ATS yet and there was just a live press conference. From CNN:

The 43-year-old Gary, Indiana, man in police custody in connection with the bodies of seven women found in Hammond and Gary has been identified as Darren Vann, according to Hammond Police Chief John Doughty.

[Previous story posted at 12:27 p.m. ET]It started with one body at a motel in Hammond, Indiana.

By the next day, a 43-year-old Gary man was in custody, and his confession, police say, would lead them to three other women's bodies. They'd find three more the next day.

The bodies were found in four locations, and the man "continues to provide information of possible locations, not just in Gary but in other parts of northwest Indiana," Gary Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson told CNN.

This guy doesn't have a lawyer and he has been cooperating with the police. From the sounds of it, they expect to find additional victims. They've already made positive identification of at least two of the victims. This is a quickly developing story but he's clearly a serial killer and I'd say by his cooperation he knows the gig is up and he's trying to avoid the death penalty.
edit on 2014-10-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Serial killers are usually big news. The media usually can't get enough and plaster images of the killer all over the place. I wonder why this one is being kept in the dark.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Because the news, like ATS, has been overrun with by an Ebola news infection!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Because he is a black suspect. Have to handle certain things with kid gloves.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

So are his victims. Maybe it didn't any coverage among news source you frequent because they don't care when black people die (as long as nobody protests). See how that works?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's rare for a serial killer to cooperate.

My money is on a team, and they convinced this guy to flip on the other. Which is probably why they are being so tight lipped with the details.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
He may avoid the death penalty of the state, but he will receive it from his fellow prisoners. I await further developments.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

~Tenth
Oh?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

Had to bust out the sock account for that comment, huh?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

My money is on a team, and they convinced this guy to flip on the other. Which is probably why they are being so tight lipped with the details.

~Tenth

You may be right, considering that he led police to at least 6 bodies. He's got to be getting something out of it, because giving the police information to directly solve multiple disappearances and murders is a pretty big bargaining chip. Maybe they'll give him his own cell or something.

new topics

top topics

join