It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy storage of the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Compared to traditional carbon-based supercapacitor electrodes fabricated from carbon black and binder materials, graphene aerogels offer many advantages such as control of density and pore size distribution, and increased conductivity due to carbon linkers between the active carbon sheets and the absence of binder materials.
Aerogels derived from carbon as well as inorganic materials were developed at LLNL and have found a number of applications—from capturing space dust to lining the inside of National Ignition Facility targets.

So Lawrence Livermore Lab developed a new material that could replace lithium-ion batteries in electric cars including other applications.

Read More

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

But will it allow my phone to last for a full day of full usage without needing a recharge???

If it can do that than I'll invest!

edit on 10/20/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
a reply to: ChefSlug

But will it allow my phone to last for a full day of full usage without needing a recharge???

If it can do that than I'll invest!

Yes, because these materials aim to maximise the energy density of a material. That's achieved by increasing the surface area/volume ratio.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
In my opinion the future its in our past

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Yes, because these materials aim to maximise the energy density of a material. That's achieved by increasing the surface area/volume ratio.

Supercapacitors also have much faster discharge rates.

A high energy density, and high discharge rate. think: What sort of systems have that property, and who funds their development at Los Alamos?

[i'm thinking: EMF weapon]

new topics

top topics

join