It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear-bola more contagious than ebola

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My point is…

Well the Hitchhikers Guide sums it up…

When traveling around the Galaxy, always carry a towel and above all, don't panic."

Now, wheres my Electronic Thumb? Oh here it is…

blink

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

The point of each of those anecdotes was that none of those people had Ebola. a reply to:

I thought the point was they had fear bola?

I agree, awful way to fly. So is taking off ones shoes, being bombarded with X-rays and probed by cretins, preflight.

I don't fly.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Don't Panic. I never do. Read that "trilogy" (lol) as a teenager and that message is more true than anything you can ever read. Staying calm in the face of despair increases your odds of overcoming the odds since you are able to keep a calm mind and not let your emotions dictate your actions.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Alright guys don't make me pull this car err thread over...
Yep I'm a mom too.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'm not here to hold your hand, but I will have no problem pointing it out if you are acting foolish.

Its all good. Likewise.

intrptr has now left the room.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Fear-bola and no cases of Ebola. In other words fear without cause. reply to: intrptr

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

For once Witchie :-) and I are in agreement I believe.

Considering the guy who died had been around his family and did who knows what with his fiance and they are all fine I would think people would calm a bit.
I am not sure the panic is not egged on to keep all eyes on this what is everyone missing.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Twenty one days off? If I was still working that would seem like a dream scenario. It would have been great to catch up on the projects around the house.

Oh wait, I forgot that I am supposed to be fearing this. That is pretty hard to do when you get a vacation from work like that.

I was wondering, if a person is quarantined how do they pay their bills? Is there some form of coverage I wonder.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I can own it.
My opinion is seldom the popular one here on ATS.

How is that possible when you and I never agree and yet my opinions are never popular here on ATS?

Lately it is all Ebola and Cannabis even you are wracking Ebola Stars even from me wow!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: rickymouse
Twenty one days off? If I was still working that would seem like a dream scenario. It would have been great to catch up on the projects around the house.

Oh wait, I forgot that I am supposed to be fearing this. That is pretty hard to do when you get a vacation from work like that.

I was wondering, if a person is quarantined how do they pay their bills? Is there some form of coverage I wonder.

I'm sure that the government officials don't care about that, unless it's taxes.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MarkJS

This is just a bunch of unrelated events compiled into a list to make the world seem like it is going to s#. But all that highlights is the fearmongering and attention that mass media likes to throw at bad news, because bad news gets them more viewers.

the post submitted speaks for itself. Sorry if you don't comprehend the inter-relation of the items listed and the point I was making. Have a nice day.

I think I will add to your list
Rapid Geomagnetic Reversal Possibility: Confirmed
reading up on it very interesting.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I can own it.

My opinion is seldom the popular one here on ATS.

Most of my opinion are not popular here either(mainly from my devil's advocate personality), i try to go against the majorities opinion in order to cover all grounds.... because bandwagoning people will never discover or find new ideas.
They just follow.
Do not conform!

Hum on that note there is always the change Ebola has been militarized and the real stuff will be brought out to fill fema coffin liners and get the world to 500,000,000...can't rule anything out :

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
When was the last time the USA had to deal with a level 4 contagion, that was deadly, that has the potential of killing 25 to 70% of the population> The last time, was during the early 1900's with the onslaught of the Spanish flu. But the reality is that the USA is not prepared for or ready to deal with such an outbreak.

We should not panic, but should have a healthy respect and fear of Ebola. The reality is that both sides are correct, the one side is correct we should not fear to the point of being xenophobic and isolationist, but at the same time we should have a bit of fear for such.

The government has botched up the response time and time again, and that should be noted, and that is what also makes this more terrifying.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
Well I can't explain it except for chance. It had to happen sometime.
And if their giving a choice of those two things....
Some of the stories are bizzare. I'm collecting more extreme reaction stories.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

For once Witchie :-) and I are in agreement I believe.

Considering the guy who died had been around his family and did who knows what with his fiance and they are all fine I would think people would calm a bit.
I am not sure the panic is not egged on to keep all eyes on this what is everyone missing.

And the continued good news from two African nations I hope the folks will feel better knowing that we can get this under control and we can put this disease back to sleep for a decade or so. By then we'll know a lot more about it.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Fear-Mongering & Ebola
By JOHN M. GROHOL, PSY.D.

Fear-Mongering & Ebola

[There is nothing better for cable news networks — and online news sites — to whip up a storm about an outbreak of a deadly disease. People click furiously to get the latest updates, and then log on to social media and forums to discuss all of the things the government is doing wrong.]

Looks like we're being profiled.

There is a worry that the three west African countries that now have an active Ebola epidemics will by stigmatized by current events.

psychcentral.com...

www.newsweek.com...

edit on PMu31u10104302312014-10-20T18:02:30-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
See I just don't see it as a botched government response. So far it's been entirely selfish moves as far as the Dallas thing.
Duncan thought of himself. The Dallas hospital while not acting selfishly just put forth a substandard response and certainly didn't think of their employees safety when they told them to tape up their necks. And Ms. Vinson was dreaming about her wedding day and took a big chance she wasn't contagious when she went and spent hours with her friends at a bridal shop.
The government wasn't culpable in any of that. a reply to: sdcigarpig

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
quote[ebola’

and ‘ebola’ is actually the name of a river, a dark river, somewhere in dark africa, and so it’s scary, so much more scary than ‘avian influenza’ – that’s just birds… something about birds and a flu, which we have a shot for, which you can get at CVS. nothing scary there.]quote
unicefstories.org... I found the above kind of humorous.

It's birds vs that deep dark river in far away Africa...
edit on PMu31u10104328312014-10-20T18:28:29-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on PM0000003100000010104329312014-10-20T18:29:13-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

This whole thread is laughable at itself.

Here is the issue. It is the people not thinking about the consequence of it getting to worse case scenario.
Never EVER in life should anyone prepare for the best case scenario! Why is that such a hard concept to handle? There is no fear about it; simple being prepared is not wrong and I also see no PH.D's in here saying other wise.

Most of you are keyboard warriors and nothing more who can't pick up a book to educate themselves.

Droplet Contact: coughing or sneezing on another person while infected. That is a very definition of airborne. Now, does it float around the air for hours and hours? No! But that still begs the question as to why prepare for the best case scenario and not the worst?

Ferguson is a great example. If the cops hadn't shown up, that place would be in utter chaos right now. They prepared for worse case and went with it. Most of you will not get that because you want to fit this hippie image that doesn't exist or cannot think outside the box.

Ebola needs to be dealt with. The world has a 24/7 connection, meaning I can travel the world in about 24 hours. Thus, I can drag ebola anywhere I want to, that is the issue. Something so miniscule and utterly harmless has become the most powerful weapon because of the 24/7 connection.

Not hard to understand that it isn't Fear-bola. It is understanding-bola.

Take a step out of the relm of ATS and into a medical book. I mean seriously AutumnWitch657 registered in 2013 and has 4,283 replies. ATS isn't reality anymore because the internet is a tool that the governments use to make a case.

Most of you are downplaying ebola, the internet is downplaying ebola, the MSM is downplaying ebola. I think they do not want to ensue panic because no force in the world can stop a rioting public.

Ebola is real, understand the risks and move on with daily life. Not a hard concept.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

So how many ebola victims do you know?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join