It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Student Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hello all! Would like to introduce myself. So I am a fourth year medical student about to graduate from medical school in 4 weeks. It's been one hell of a journey and I just recently joined ATS a few days ago after being a long time lurker. I am very excited to share the knowledge I have received during my training in medical school, and I will try and post up articles whenever I am not at the hospital or not studying. On that note, its a pleasure to be a part of this website and I am looking forward to seeing your posts about interesting topics, cases, and diseases. I have seen the unjust healthcare system here in the USA, and even being a part of the medical community, its sad to see that many physicians do not care about their patients. Anyhow, I hope everyone has a happy Monday, cheers! I care for you all! I will be posting up articles about interesting medical topics in the upcoming few days! Stay tuned!

edit on 20-10-2014 by Nadius because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2014 by Nadius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Nadius

Good maybe we can get another person with common sense here on ATS to join me and navy doc on the med forums

Few things you need to learn on ATS, the dumb masses think all vaccines are bad and evil (
)
, Vitamin C cures everything (
) and Ebola will kill us all. So have fun talking to a brick wall when trying to present facts otherwise.
edit on 20-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Welcome to the site. I see your eyes are somewhat open already.

I do know there are many good doctors out there. I do see some major problems in our medical field though. Most times it is not the greed of the doctor that causes problems, it is the doctors responsibility to make sure others in the medical field remain working that causes problems. Their main responsibility is to others that need them to make a living. Are these doctors bad....not really.... but the situation we have created in this country is flawed. The problem is that we exported the right jobs, making products we consume. There are too many people in this country reliant on making a living doing things related to the medical and insurance field.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Depends on what type of vaccine we are talking about! Every patient has the right to refuse vaccines, especially in the cases of anaphylaxis, which is a severe allergic reaction to the vaccine that can result in shortness of breath, wheezing, low blood pressure, and flushing around the face. It is recommended that everyone be vaccinated according to immunization guidelines to prevent the spread of deadly viruses such as measles, mumps, and rubella. It is a common misconception that vaccines are associated with mental disorders such as autism, however, this is false. Ultimately, the patient has the right to refuse, but, it is not recommended, because you can jeopardize the welfare of your own health and others. I hope all is well!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Good maybe we can get another person with common sense here on ATS to join me and navy doc on the med forums

Few things you need to learn on ATS, the dumb masses think all vaccines are bad and evil (
)
, Vitamin C cures everything (
) and Ebola will kill us all. So have fun talking to a brick wall when trying to present facts otherwise.

Hey, I am stucco coated cement, not brick.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Hah! Vitamin C has been known to help strengthen the immune system. It is an important that white blood cells consume in order to knock out our the dreadful bacteria that enter our body everyday. I wish it cured all, or us aspiring physicians would be out of a job! Lol.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nadius

Depends on what type of vaccine we are talking about! Every patient has the right to refuse vaccines, especially in the cases of anaphylaxis, which is a severe allergic reaction to the vaccine that can result in shortness of breath, wheezing, low blood pressure, and flushing around the face. It is recommended that everyone be vaccinated according to immunization guidelines to prevent the spread of deadly viruses such as measles, mumps, and rubella. It is a common misconception that vaccines are associated with mental disorders such as autism, however, this is false. Ultimately, the patient has the right to refuse, but, it is not recommended, because you can jeopardize the welfare of your own health and others. I hope all is well!

I have found that I can't tolerate alum well, no matter what the source. This substance to me is a power medicine, jumping up my immune system. My daughter just bought a gallon of pickles for her kids, who overeat them. They all missed a lot of school after that and my granddaughter was having severe asthma attacks. I warned my daughter about this, but she said she likes the taste of alum. It is all right to eat a few pickles, but the kids eat them till they come out of their ears. Avoiding alum, especially in vaccines, is necessary for us. Putting alum right in the body is not good for people who have autoimmune issues. Other things that can trigger this reaction are milk, tomatoes, egg whites, and something in wheat. When consumed the chemical allows improperly digested compounds to pass through the intestines, stimulating a histamine reaction. All these foods are medicines to us, and should be moderately eaten.

I found this information from doing research, looking for possible things that tie some of my intolerances together. Now, moderation includes the combined effects of this similar chemistry, so combining these things can boost the amount of the antigen creation in the body. Too much medicine is no good. This probably only applies to people with autoimmune problems. Now certain chemicals can break these proteins down in the blood, stuff like bromaline and papain. It is strange that people who have some types of asthma have less cancer, or is it. Bromalaine and papain chemistry is used in some cancer drugs.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Brick wall here!

Welcome aboard!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Beware. There are some people that question the merit of treating symptoms with high priced pharmaceuticals.

These whack jobs somehow think that 200 million years of evolution can beat 200 years of experimentation.

If you can believe it, some people even think the entire academic and scientific basis of medical science is hopelessly corrupted with corporate money and should not be trusted at all.

They even believe their own judgement over those of elites that don't know anything about them.

Welcome to crazytown.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

200 million years of evolution (btw we've only been around as homo sapien sapiens for 200,000 years, not 200 million years) didn't prevent smallpox, black death, tb, measles, mumps, whooping cough, polio and a whole host of other diseases that have plagued humanity.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Hello Nadius - how do you think you will be able to add anything considering that you are at the hospital and studying? Do you have a different day clock than the rest of us 24 hour folk? That's a joke!!! Ha. So glad you have joined us.

My experience with our doctors here in Canada have ranged from pathetic and disheartening and life destroying to doctors who are alive with the mind of medicine and bursting with passion. I just love seeing the gleam in their eyes.

Keep up the great work. You have come this far - this is a huge, huge accomplishment. I am so proud of you. I hope you have a fantastic graduation and can't wait to see what you post.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Thank you very much for your kind words! I am very passionate about family medicine. I will be applying to family medicine residency this year and am looking forward to new experiences that life will bring me. I will do my best to care my patients to the best of my ability. I would assume the physicians in Canada would be more open to their patients since your healthcare is way above the world. Unfortunately here in the United States many physicians would rather drug up their patients and pocket their money rather than treat them as a whole human being. I shall save that for another day!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have just learned something new and I did not know the affect of alum on the body can be so severe, do you get a severe allergic reaction when you consume alum products? Your daughter's children should have everything in modesty, however, not only would pickles contribute to high alum concentrations in the body, but also increase their risk for high blood pressure in the long run due to its high level of salt concentration. Pickles should also be avoided for patients who are taking drugs such as MAOIs or monoamine oxidase inhibitors, and cause a severe reaction known as a hypertensive crisis. I hope your daughter is not taking these medications and having pickles at the same time, because together it could be a dangerous situation.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Hah! Vitamin C has been known to help strengthen the immune system. It is an important that white blood cells consume in order to knock out our the dreadful bacteria that enter our body everyday. I wish it cured all, or us aspiring physicians would be out of a job! Lol.

I know that. I have a much experience and education in the realms of immunology and microbiology.

My criticism is that some on ATS do view it as a cure for everything

Same with Vaccines. some vaccines are of course not recommended in certain situations but some on ATS here seem to think all vaccine are of the devil

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It's actually the vinegar that is the culprit in high blood pressure with pickles, it is a tyromine and they raise blood pressure more than salt does in most people. They are often found together so if you avoid salt you are avoiding tyramines.

The MAO inhibitors aren't a problem, but I have a defect in my MAOB gene which reduces the enzyme. It is probably because of my Wilsons. Copper doesn't go right onto the enzyme. I cleared up lots of the effects by taking a small molybdenum supplement, but went a little overboard. I was having problems with breads and other aged foods from bringing my copper a little too low. I boosted up the copper a tad bit now and everything is fine, got rid of the discoloration in my eyes from the copper, they are back to green now.

Trying to tell my daughter things is like talking to the wall. She seems to believe in things that others say with no evidence or family history to back it too easily. I guess I used to be that way till I start studying about this six years ago. For a while it was ten hours of studying a day, now I am down to about three or four. Had My DNA analyzed and I have been studying how to use the information now, it's pretty complex. It is a new science and you need to search for gene corrections to try to evaluate things properly. Also paying attention to the fact that there is still a lot that is not known yet about this subject is crucial. It has helped me verify two supposedly rare diseases I have though, diseases I figured I may have had because of my reactions to some epilepsy drugs and a family history of bad effects of similar drugs. I don't think these diseases are nearly as rare as they say, but the people who have them moved to mining communities here in America.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Hello all! Would like to introduce myself. So I am a fourth year medical student about to graduate from medical school in 4 weeks. It's been one hell of a journey and I just recently joined ATS a few days ago after being a long time lurker. I am very excited to share the knowledge I have received during my training in medical school, and I will try and post up articles whenever I am not at the hospital or not studying. On that note, its a pleasure to be a part of this website and I am looking forward to seeing your posts about interesting topics, cases, and diseases. I have seen the unjust healthcare system here in the USA, and even being a part of the medical community, its sad to see that many physicians do not care about their patients. Anyhow, I hope everyone has a happy Monday, cheers! I care for you all! I will be posting up articles about interesting medical topics in the upcoming few days! Stay tuned!

welcome lets hope we can open your eyes even further and try and protect you from the brainwashing that most doctors are under.
I suggest you research fluoride first and see why so many doctors are brainwashed and unable to reason out the effect that humans have been here for millions of years and the pharmaceutical industry only 100 years and remember they write history backwards.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Have you been given any chelators like D-penicillamine to help with the Wilson's? I am sorry that you are enduring this terrible disease. I remember last year I had patient who came in with horrible tremors and her parents told me that she was going through severe depression. These genetic enzyme deficiencies are very tough to overcome, since they are lifelong. I commend your patience.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

This disease isn't a problem unless you consume the wrong food. When you are born with something like that, you automatically adjust your diet to make the body work right. I didn't have any major problems with this throughout my life, in fact, it probably protected me from the copper in the water when I was young, but it does collect in certain places if it isn't excreted. The problem now is the copper sulfate they treat foods with to prevent mold and fungus. That causes a problem. I don't live in the Copper country anymore so I do not consume the water full of copper from the ores up there anymore. The antidote for excess copper in the body is to consume more tyramines, aged food and beer is good. Maybe this is why there is a MAOB deficiency, some sort of a gene correction so you can eat lots of aged products like smoked fish and aged meats.

I don't think the Wilsons has given me that much problems, but the molybdenum has helped clear up my brain fog. It took years though. The AIP is why I had so many problems with the epilepsy drugs and other long term meds I was taking. That disease is not a problem either, unless you set it off by taking medicines you shouldn't be taking or eat the wrong foods. I know now, through testing on myself and research, how to keep these diseases from being a problem. I have to eat like we ate when I was young, excluding many of the foods that I was BSed to believe are good for everyone. My wife also has AIP, learned that from the genetic testing. The funny thing, from my research I actually noticed she ate what people with Porphyria are supposed to eat. Nobody had to tell her, she is very picky in what she eats, she follows her cravings and if she doesn't like something she won't eat it.

When they say certain foods are good for everyone, they are dead wrong. Everyone has to eat their own special way. This is based on enzymes that we make. You should see the red in the MTHFR genes on our DNA report. It actually makes sense, my daughter has been taking betaine for a couple of years and I have been buying pickled beets to aid in digestion. I just didn't realize that it was not just stomach acid deficiency, it was the inability to properly put folate where it belongs. Need a little extra methyl, get some in the coffee I drink. But that isn't enough, to get enough it would make me sick drinking all that coffee. The combination of betaine and methylcobalamin along with a magnesium pill brought down the inflammation in my body in the last two and a half weeks pretty much. My joints feel lots better all over my body. I'm waiting for the side effects. So far, I only had one, running up the porch steps with a planter, I sprained my arch. I was also fighting the urge to go jogging. I need to either not do that kind of stuff or lose some weight. Funny thing, I have lost close to eight pounds now without trying at all from that combination.

I kind of like working with DNA information, that will someday be what doctors will be using to figure out problems before they give pills. It will help with side effects of medicines if they do genetic analysis. It is a relatively new science and there needs to be a lot more research in this to analyze all possibilities. I do not think I could even analyze someone elses report, because I do not see what they eat. A lot of this has to do with long term food intolerances and resulting metabolic deficiencies.

Somewhere in that genetics is the answer to my low blood volume, but I don't think there are any applications that address that yet.

edit on 20-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

join