It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Quietly Prepares 'Surge' Of Millions Of New Immigrant IDs...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Yes, That's right and you notice that you've heard nothing Officially about this during the election.
Won't want to totally throw the midterms in the Trash! That's Correct, Not All Americans Want illegals in America, Not even other people from South of the Border That Came into America The Right Way!
This is a Crime, But again, it's Obama only obeying those Laws he thinks apply to him.
Read the article, your not going to like what your Government under Obama is doing.

Despite no official action from the president ahead of the election, the Obama administration has quietly begun preparing to issue millions of work authorization permits, suggesting the implementation of a large-scale executive amnesty may have already begun.
Unnoticed until now, a draft solicitation for bids issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Oct. 6 says potential vendors must be capable of handling a “surge” scenario of 9 million id cards in one year “to support possible future immigration reform initiative requirements.”

The request for proposals says the agency will need a minimum of four million cards per year. In the “surge,” scenario in 2016, the agency would need an additional five million cards – more than double the baseline annual amount for a total of 9 million.
“The guaranteed minimum for each ordering period is 4,000,000 cards. The estimated maximum for the entire contract is 34,000,000 cards,” the document says.

The agency is buying the materials need to construct both Permanent Residency Cards (PRC), commonly known as green cards, as well as Employment Authorization Documentation (EAD) cards which have been used to implement President Obama's “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals” (DACA) program. The RFP does not specify how many of each type of card would be issued.
Jessica Vaughn, an immigration expert at the Center for Immigration Studies and former State Department official, said the document suggests a new program of remarkable breadth.

The RFP “seems to indicate that the president is contemplating an enormous executive action that is even more expansive than the plan that Congress rejected in the 'Gang of Eight' bill,” Vaughn said.
Last year, Vaughn reviewed the Gang of Eight's provisions to estimate that it would have roughly doubled legal immigration. In the “surge” scenario of this RFP, even the relatively high four million cards per year would be more than doubled, meaning that even on its own terms, the agency is preparing for a huge uptick of 125 percent its normal annual output.
It's not unheard of for federal agencies to plan for contingencies, but the request specifically explains that the surge is related to potential changes in immigration policy.

“The Contractor shall demonstrate the capability to support potential 'surge' in PRC and EAD card demand for up to 9M cards during the initial period of performance to support possible future immigration reform initiative requirements,” the document says.
A year ago, such a plan might have been attributed to a forthcoming immigration bill. Now, following the summer's border crisis, the chances of such a new law are extremely low, giving additional credence to the possibility the move is in preparation for an executive amnesty by Obama.
Even four million combined green cards and EADs is a significant number, let alone the “surge” contemplated by USCIS. For instance, in the first two years after Obama unilaterally enacted DACA, about 600,000 people were approved by USCIS under the program. Statistics provided by USCIS on its website show that the entire agency had processed 862,000 total EADs in 2014 as of June.
Vaughn said EADs are increasingly coming under scrutiny as a tool used by the Obama administration to provide legalization for groups of illegal aliens short of full green card status.

In addition to providing government approval to work for illegal aliens, EADs also cost significantly less in fees to acquire, about $450 compared to more than $1000. In many states, EADs give aliens rights to social services and the ability to obtain drivers' licenses.
Vaughn noted there are currently about 4.5 million individuals waiting for approval for the green cards having followed immigration law and obtained sponsorships from relatives in the U.S. or otherwise, less than the number of id cards contemplated by the USCIS “surge.”
USCIS officials did not provide additional information about the RFP by press time.

LINK

I also believe he made a deal with the President of Mexico,,,,, What do you think America?

edit on 20-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I had a hard time reading through that.

Clarify something for me here?

Are they talking about new bodies coming in across the border or are they trying to get those already here illegally to be identified or both?

If they are already here working illegally while being paid under the table then getting legalized so they could pay their fair share of taxes like the rest of us is a good thing imho.

Would sure help offset all the free medical and food stamps etc etc etc subsidies many are already receiving.
edit on 20-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
The way I understand this, it's for the illegals already here, but there was a thought that they are preparing G C's for the ones that just crossed the border.
You have a valid point, it would help with a failing Social Security. That's true, But, IMHO, they still need to be fined or pay the processing fees.
What's you take on this?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Fines?

I dunno about that.

Processing fees?

Why shouldn't they have to?

If they chose/choose to live here and raise their families then by all means, they have to pay their way.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Paying their way, I can agree to that. That's totally human.
I believe the average processing fee or filing fee is $985. Add an extra $85 for the biometric for a total of $1070.
You could always check the www.uscis.gov... for accuracy.
I would think that would do for each family member not born in America.
Do you agree?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

Paying their way, I can agree to that. That's totally human.
I believe the average processing fee or filing fee is $985. Add an extra $85 for the biometric for a total of $1070.
You could always check the www.uscis.gov... for accuracy.
I would think that would do for each family member not born in America.
Do you agree?

What's to disagree with?

This is the US, Those are the requirements. Wanna live here, raise families?

That's the do/due that needs to be done/paid.

edit on 20-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Yes, Yes, it is, I'd like to ask you, if they refuse and move I say, to continue to live in the Shadows, My thought is to deport them with no second chance.
That's just me, I know it sounds Callous, but, as it stands, they've been given a really good grace period.

Thank You for you input.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

My thought is to deport them with no second chance.

I disagree, if they're known and proven to be avoiding it then first give them a chance to pay up or get the boot. Second chances should be given only if they cough up what's required.

Thank You for you input.

You're welcome.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It doesn't exactly help the millions of unemployed citizens. Many of these illegals have had years to became legal and chose not to. And to cut in front of the line when we have people coming through the proper channels isn't fair or right.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Many of these illegals have had years to became legal and chose not to.

You are mistaken, there is no way unless they marry a US citizen or drop an anchor baby (which people complain about as well) and even then they have to wait until the child becomes an adult.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

That's great if we can collect some taxes from them...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

In looking at the clip provided by the OP, I think I found enough to answer your question. The government wants up to nine million cards in 2016 and is guaranteeing an order for four million in the other years. The estimated maximum is 34 million. That's far more than enough to handle the illegals here now. We're looking at an immigration policy change of great magnitude.

On your other point of contributing to social security, I wonder. No one can tell, but how many of the newly carded immigrants will find they have a disability? How many are close enough to retirement age so that they will receive more in retirement benefits than they put in? Let me assume for a moment that Social Security retirement benefits are $1000 a month for a fellow who worked at $25,000. He and his employer will have contributed $3,425 a year to Social Security, and he'll be receiving $12,000. The numbers work out for the first little while when he's putting in, but we'll be bit hard later on. Right now, Social Security will be completely broke somewhere in the 2030s.

Income tax? I don't think so. If they're working low paying jobs, eight or nine dollars an hour and have kids, they'll be getting tax refunds from the Earned Income Tax Credit. We'll be giving them tax money, not the other way around.

And when they're given their cards, do they become eligible for social services, welfare, food stamps, etc?

I don't like the numbers.

Just hit me. Adults without a high school degree are having trouble finding work. Do we give the jobs to them or the "new immigrants" which will be coming in?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

a reply to: charles1952

Income tax? I don't think so. If they're working low paying jobs, eight or nine dollars an hour and have kids, they'll be getting tax refunds from the Earned Income Tax Credit. We'll be giving them tax money, not the other way around.

THAT is the point that needs further discussion.

Adding link for clarification;

Millions of illegal immigrants are getting a bigger tax refund than you. Eyewitness News shows a massive tax loophole that provides billions of dollars in tax credits to undocumented workers and, in many cases, people who have never stepped foot in the United States. And you are paying for it!

Tax loophole costs billions

edit on Oct-20-2014 by xuenchen because: Added clarification

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
good point about taxes
But before the illegals arrive, how much tax dollars are they already getting already as foreign aid?
for instance:
they say many Isis folks, and other "enemies" have after receiving all the tax moneys as money, arms, and training, from the US/NATO coalition of the payers, have since slipped across the southern border as illegals to ride the system...
would it be better to let them in, convert them to the decadent way of the great satan, and then tax them instead of spending tax dollars blowing them up after spending all that dough creating them?

fast and furious, and the funding and arming the Mexican cartels who are driving illegals north at unky Sam's expense would be another good example...( unky Sam being the tax payers I guess)
of course one must allow for the drug profits which the CIA should reinvest in the social security fund which would solve that future insolvency problem for good.
oh wait, the offshore banks get that money...ooopss...silly me, what was I tinkin?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Random thought. Sounds like he needs bodies for something. Taxes is a very good thought. Since this has been so hush hush, I don't find it that hard of a stretch to say he needs a populace that would be willing to go against the current American populace. Perhaps, citizenship in exchange for servitude. That could entail, enforcing marshal law, policing, rounding up domestic terrorists etc.

Again, totally random thought. Whatever the reason though, this is quite strange indeed...

Good find S&F for sure.

-Ninja

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If a person is here in this country via an illegal route they need to be deported. Period. Either go thru the proper process (whatever that is) to immigrate here or get the boot. Harsh? I don't care. I do not believe a blanket amnesty is the way to go. If we go that route we might as well open the border and quit half-ass guarding it as we do now.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BugOut
If a person is here in this country via an illegal route they need to be deported. Period. Either go thru the proper process (whatever that is) to immigrate here or get the boot. Harsh? I don't care. I do not believe a blanket amnesty is the way to go. If we go that route we might as well open the border and quit half-ass guarding it as we do now.

Noted and duly filed in the proper place.

NEXT!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

That is like rewarding people who break the laws of the land and get free stuff while they are doing it. Not a good idea. There need to be consequences just like there are in Mexico and other countries. By the way, it was done during the Reagan admin. More just come. It doesn't solve the problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join