It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola good news

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I thought it might be nice to have some positive news about ebola

WHO has declared Senegal free of EVD after completing 42 days without a new case - www.who.int...

Nigeria will be declared free of EVD after completing 42 days without a new case within a few hours i think depending on the time difference -
www.who.int...

In Spain the nurse that was infected has has her first negative EVD test, she isn't in the clear yet and has to have another test in 48hours before she being considered free from infection i think-
www.aljazeera.com...

The family of the imported Dallas cases is about to finish their 21 days isolation along with 48 other people -
dfw.cbslocal.com...

Canada has shipped 800 vials of vaccine to WHO in Geneva to begin Human trails by end of the month (bad news i guess if you think that this is all a big pharma conspiracy to get a microchip implanted to track you down for relocation to your designated FEMA camp..)-
www.ibtimes.com...

Also i like to keep mind that although there has been now over 4555 deaths of EVD and that this number is consider lower than actual numbers of death it also means that there is now literally thousands of EVD survivors all over West Africa, from what ive heard many of which are now actively involved in the efforts to stop the further spread.

Constant media reports are running fear provoking headlines in order to sell papers and time and time again the stories they run turn out false alarms. I'm by no means saying we are over the hill, i very much believe things continue to get worse before they start getting better. There is many many months to go and many more thousands of people will suffer because of this outbreak but in this we should still remind ourselves of the hope that exists when people selflessly come together and the gains that can be made through strong leaderships when dealing with emergencies like this.

Feel free to post anything positive that you have been hearing about whether it be personal stories such as the English nurse who has now recovered and heading back into West Africa, as a qualified and now immune Health care worker people like him are worth their weight in gold, or if its larger endeavors like the scientific race to find an effective treatment all good news is great news.
edit on 20-10-2014 by D4rcyJones because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
great thread
senegal ebola free?
best news i heard in years
since i have a lot of friend in the gambia witch is surrounded by senegal

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
of course this is amazing news, and hopefully they will be back to normal life with nothing more than an exciting story to tell.

but what about the fear mongering and over reaction? what will the MSM do now that this whole thing is blowing over?
what about people on ATS freaking the hell out and talking about government engineered ebola? what about the plans for population control that were so obviously underway?

i was kinda enjoying everyone's dramatic take on this whole thing.
Oh well, i am sure we will find something else to be afraid about soon enough!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: negedef

Yep they passed the 42 days 3 days ago. Both Senegal and Nigeria reacted with strong contact tracing and were able to stop it before it could spread in the community. I'd imagine they are still walking on egg shells given their proximity but it does show you that this can be stopped when there are imported cases, ebola doesn't take off like a raging bull however stopping the freight train that is Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leon is another story.
Hope your friends stay safe and free of EVD.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
R u serious? That's really great news. Hope i hear the news like: Ebola free world

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

haha yep as the saying goes 'never let a good crisis go to waste'

I suspect that even when all of Western Africa is EVD free, assuming it doesnt become endemic, the economic and social destruction will take years to fix.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Let's not celebrate yet.....celebrate on Halloween! If by the 31st the good news continues, and I think it will, then celebrate on Halloween like it's 1999.

For awhile now I've been saying that ebola is only very contagious in the extremely bad period, when the body knows it may not make it and the ebola viruses realize (in their own way) that they'd better find a new host pronto. That's when the virus becomes most contagious, having not taken into account the power of human knowledge and communication to protect itself, still thinking (in their virus thinking-way) that we are primates in trees who will hug, lick, and/or poke sticks at our fellow apes who are dead or dying of this strange sweating vomiting disease.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Excellent post!
Thank you for sharing. I'm very Happy to hear things are going into a better direction.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Very good news.

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
of course this is amazing news, and hopefully they will be back to normal life with nothing more than an exciting story to tell.

Really poor choice of words. I highly doubt any of those directly, or indirectly, affected would consider it an exciting story to tell. I imagine those not affected are definitely feeling relieved, though.
edit on 10/20/1414 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ahem , pay to the wall street journal to get the vaccination news ? what does it say ?

It sounds as if the spread in w Africa is being pinned against the coast , but we're assuming the eastern borders are shut ?

Are the 21days enough to be happy a full release is possible for Duncan's family , et al

Are the number of 4555 being rounded down now ? Who do you trust the bbc (who said up to 2.5 times more) or the op ?

Declarations from African countries .. hmn who said those ones ?

No one take your eye off the ball ... Still collect £200 as you pass Go

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It is good to look at the positive side in something like this too. Some countries are starting to restrict travel to areas that are experience Ebola outbreaks also. Too bad the US doesn't follow along with this practice.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

a reply to: ZIPMATT

Sorry didnt realise they had a pay wall, ive edited and added link to another news release.

For the time being it is located against the coast in 3 countries Liberia, Sierra Leon and Guinea. I know there are border closures in place but its important to keep in mind that in this part of the world the borders can be poorly defined and movement is definitely still happening. Here is a map so you can see roughly where transmission is occurring:

I acknowledged that numbers are lower than the reality, im well aware of the 2.5 correction factor im just going the acknowledge confirmed potential and suspected numbers. If you want to look at it through the CDCs correction factor then go ahead, it doesnt change the purpose of this thread. I dont know what your referencing regarding bbc? Im providing new sources that easily show the main points that i addressing there is no point in linking to situation reports or emails lists if the info is the same?

As i said i by no means think this is over and it will continue to worse before it gets better, but there is still good news and achievements that should be acknowledged along the way.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Oh phew thanks mate you just pulled me right out of my Ebola depression .. Great to hear some good news..👍

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Good point. The virus doesn't really think even in a virus sort of way but I like that thought.
What happens is that as the disease progresses, the virus replicates in more and more cells. Since there is more virus in the body the body "sheds" virus in its fluids. The increase of contagion is due to numbers.
Still when you said thinking in a virus sort of way I had visions of smiling little virus shaking hands with healthy cells. Looking a little like the bladder in the merebetrix commercials. You know the little guy who keeps dragging the woman into near by restrooms.

And yes this is very good news. I read it over the weekend that Senegal was declared Ebola free on Friday and that Nigeria would follow today, Monday.
The Spanish nurse is now testing Ebola free though she still has a way to go before release. A nurse in the UK is returning g to Africa as an immune person to continue the fight.
a reply to: Aleister

edit on AMu31u10104304312014-10-20T08:04:11-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I find it suspect how the internet seems to have decided this is over right after Obama hires his MIA "Ebola Czar" to "control optics" aka cover stuff up.

I don't like living Ebola doom anymore than the next person but IMO there is still one variable we aren't thinking about.

The American journalist Ashoka Mukpo. The man still has no idea how he contracted the disease, he was not involved in direct health care or a health care worker. His best guess is cleaning a victim's car? America would have you believe it is not that contagious. Unless he unknowingly screwed a survivor who was within 7 weeks of recovery then his story doesn't exactly fit the narrative they want us to buy. Notice we don't hear much about him. That's something they are trying to get us to forget in all the other hoopla. I agree with another poster, I'll feel better around November 1 if there are no more cases.

But part of me doubts we would hear of any more anyway.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Its only a good news for the people that exaggerated the fudge out of it in the first place.

For the rest of the people that didn't give into mass hysteria, its a "ok" news.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Damn I just was on my way to uncork the wine bottle. ..

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Im not American, i have no allegiance to Obama and care nothing for your 'Ebola Czar'... i dont ever know what that means.
I work as a public health epidemiologist in Australia and im very tired of the Ebola doom, i agree that we aret out of the woods just thought some good news is better then the continuous speculation and 'what if' scenarios that are playing out in the media...although i will admit thats why i love ATS because of the creative and questioning minds that dwell here, but it does get a bit much sometimes.

The medical and scientific community has thought about it but unless they have the situation monitored and can recreate it they will never be able to say with certainty what happened. This is the medical reality, everything is measured in levels of risk not certainty.

His story does fit the narrative he was cleaning a car that was used to transport EVD patients, i dont know about what you are doing in the US but if someone came into a hospital here that would be an instant high risk exposure. It really not surprising at all, we know that the virus can live on surfaces dried for several hours, we know it can live longer when wet so im sorry i dont see the mystery in him getting infected by cleaning blood, vomit and diarrhea out of car, but maybe im missing something?

No one is trying to get you to forget it but there isnt much helpful in people going on tv saying 'well we dont know but we think most likely this is what happned' because then the next day every new paper runs the headline that scientist have no idea what going on and.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: D4rcyJones

Trust me I care nothing for him either and no one knows what it means

YOU know it can live on surfaces for days, I KNOW that too. The general public thinks you can't catch it sitting next to someone on a bus. That's my point. I get that you get it, most people don't.
edit on 20-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There is nothing suspicious about it. The waiting period was commencing before any announcement. They just needed the time to pass without any new cases. Nigeria is a big country and Lagos a big city in that country. They are not superstitious bushmen but a thriving metropolis and their ability to corral and conquer this issue was never in question. It should give hope to others nations who have advanced medical institutes that this can be contained and doesn't need to become a world wide pandemic of biblical proportions. Myself... I look forward to debating little green men again rather than talking about Ebola.
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join