It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullies always seem to win.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
After spending my whole life watching bullies get protected by the system, I can't stop wondering why?

Why must the little guy always get torn down by the masses who already have it so good?

Why does every person who stands up alone and unafraid against the mob always get demonized and silenced?

Why do we root for the underdog in movies, sports, and every other form of entertainment but never in reality?

I think it's just an extension of the endless control systems put in place by TPTB to ensure groupthink and herd mentality. What are your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
One of my favourite video's, the bullies don't always come out on top

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
This is my speculation about the topic:

Perhaps it has something to do with survival of the fittest. Sometimes the strongest are a bullie, sometimes the strongest is an ''hero''(no need to explain, I believe you get my point). But I do agree with you that it is more common that bullies appear than heroes. Perhaps the heroes are busy with the big problems/issues which leaves the bullies behind playing with everyone else where the heroes does not operate.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Bullies don't always win. Trust me. I'm not religious in any particular way, but I love the story of David and Goliath.
One stone well placed can fold a giant.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Why must the little guy always get torn down by the masses who already have it so good?
A: People that have, don't want to see their belongings taken away, or their position. we are all that way, in some things. whatever you have, no matter how little, you don't want to see taken away from you. always been that way. there is an italian novella, written by giovanni Verga, around 1880. long story short, there is a man obsessed with collecting "stuff" meaning lands, houses, animals etc, and the day he is told he will soon die, he goes around burning down his houses, killing his farm animals and breaking stuff while yelling "my Stuff, come away with me!" not much has changed since that time.

Why does every person who stands up alone and unafraid against the mob always get demonized and silenced?
A: people resist change. to the very end, as much as possible, no matter how beneficial the change will be, we are creatures of habit. the fat persons "resists"the change of going on a diet, the smoker always finds reasons to resist quitting.

Why do we root for the underdog in movies, sports, and every other form of entertainment but never in reality?
A: Probably because it IS a movie, what i mean by that is we know, subconsciously that it will work out in the hero's favor without any other outcome being possible...but this one is up for debate

I think it's just an extension of the endless control systems put in place by TPTB to ensure groupthink and herd mentality. What are your thoughts?
A: i don'think it has to do with TPTB and more with us being wired to follow the masses. i think in that sense, we do their work for them. we don't allow politicians to control us. we allow each other to do that. to have a sense of belonging. we are tribal animals after all, and we sacrifice "free thought" in order to be accepted into a group. it's easy to figure this one out. Justin beiber, rebecca black nickleback, that girl from jersey shore, most people generally hate them. but if you ask them why, they don't really know, or at least they have no reason to be so passionate about it. there is plenty of stuff you hate, so you just ignore it and move on. but not those guys. you need to be vocal about it. why not just move on and focus on things you love? because we are sheeple. but not of the government, not of the illuminati or the lizard people. of each other.
"they"don't need to control us. we do a perfect job on our own.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45
Bullies are sissies. They go for the easiest pray. Just take your time, observe the f?&$ker, see a weakness, prepare your line and hit as hard as you can when he comes for you. Make it short and true. I guarantee result if you look strong and calm. You see they don't really want to fight, just being smart asses. BUT don't over do it. It's not a war you start but a warning you give

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

Couldn't agree any more, bullies will always go for someone they consider weaker than themselves and that won't fight back to make themselves look good. Give that bully a slap back and you take that power away from them, no one looks quite as tough with a bleeding nose.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Being a bully means that one must be an insecure person. To be insecure with oneself causes all sorts of nasty problems. So imo even if it might seem like they're winning on the outside, on the inside they are anything but. Problem is, I think a lot of them try to totally silence what is inside (ie. their moral compass) and as a result are able to fake it for longer. But the harder you try to push something away, the harder it's going to hit you eventually because you can't hide from yourself forever.

edit on 20-10-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2014 by rukia because: trying to embed

edit on 20-10-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Put those bullies through basic training and send then to play with ISIS.

If they happen to come back in one piece, make them prison guards or grade school playground supervisors.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Everyone who ever bullied me in school ended up worse off than I am. I followed through with friends to find out some are dead, while most others have a miserable lifestyle.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I blame it on the huggy feally progressive way that schools are ran.
You can't throw a bully out of school. He just wants attention. Never mind the kids living in terror of the bully. Apparently you can't single out a student and fix the problem, Everybody has to suffer with him.
I'll give you an example of the schools idea of fairness.
My daughter is 12 and the nicest young lady you have ever met. And I'm not bragging about that.
She befriended an autistic boy several years ago and he is very comfortable with her. So in the schools infinite wisdom, they place him in as many of her classes as they can. The problem with this is that he is very disruptive in class. So she gets to be interrupted in every other class because they like her near him to help keep him calm. Definitely not fair to her is it?
They have actually called her down to the guidance office to calm him down when they have different classes. This passes me off!
This behavior from the schools is why the bullies win. Because we have to treat every kid equally, even though they are not all equal. I say get rid of them.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Bullies always seem to win.....

I think it's just an extension of the endless control systems put in place by TPTB to ensure groupthink and herd mentality.

TPTB have a way to make this happen?

It must be psychological then.

But what's sad is when a would-be wanna-be bully has their tactics backfire.

Many times in the name of controlled opposition.

Some tactics include accusing others of what they themselves are guilty of.

Helps hide the agenda.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ooh! Bullying is one of my favourite rant subjects...It makes me crazy mad!!
But they don't always win, and no-one who has ever tried bullying me has succeeded.

From my earliest memories in school I felt absolute rage when I saw bullies picking on the poor kids or the kids with alcoholic parents, etc, and as I quite enjoyed fighting myself, I found a niche market to justify violence/defense to teachers/my parents, while being happy that I helped out students less advantaged than me.

I wasn't the 'hardest' in my school years by a long shot, but I was known as a psycho who really just wasn't worth the effort. I remember taking out four 16 year old bullies when I was aged 12 with a handy fire extinguisher next to me on the school wall I was backed into. I shouted at them that killing me was the only way to stop me getting each of them on their own if they tried it again, yes, a bit psycho, but hey, it worked, I was left alone.

Nobody bullied fellow students if I was around as I'd just leap excitedly into the fight on the victims behalf, I loved a good fight even if I lost and got kicked unconscious, and that has happened a few times in my life.
My secondary school (high school) headteacher really liked me as he knew I could always present a good 'reasonable force' situation and that I fought only bullies, helping to 'police' the violent environment out of sight of his staff...and in the sink-hole housing estate I lived in there were many violent bullies causing problems in his school.

I've also always tackled bullying in the workplace, from cruel verbal attacks, to physical violence and intimidation, or managers humiliating fellow workers. In my experience it is fear alone which bullies thrive on, the fear people have which stops them standing up to them.
I worked in an industrial setting some years ago and the workers lived in fear of a big dude fellow worker who 'ruled' the site. He'd take their food off them, push them around physically, and use vile acidic insults.
He tried it with me on my first day and I told him with an untroubled laugh that I was happy to have a fight either now at work or off site after we clocked off, or we could just stay out of each others way...there was no fear in my eyes, so he chose to stay away from me. I pulled him up on his bullying in the food hut one day though when he was picking on one of the weaker guys there, 20 other workers watching in silence and I was the only one to stand up. It was a sad moment when I realised then in that room those guys were even scared as a combined group. Long story short, words were exchanged, bully stormed out after backing down to me in front of them, other workers shamed into backing each other up, and bully changed behaviour, result.

I used to work a frontline welfare job and threats to kill or beat me were so common I only reported them so when I would meet them on the street it would help my defense with an official record backing my story up.
Classic lines:
Bully client: I'll find out where you live
Me: I know where you live

Bully client: I'll get you when you finish work
Me: Cool, I should be out the door at 5pm we'll meet round the corner

Everyone who threatened me at some point 'bumped into me' in the street and backed down in fear, or lost the fight. As I said, I grew up in a rough arse estate where violence was commonplace, and if I'm going to hve a beating I'll always rather take it now than ever be in a situation of having to look after my shoulder in fear. Nah, that's not my thing, and it never will be.

Fear is all that ever lets a bully win, and I fear being a meek, controlled human more than any beating, job-loss, or whatever. Even while about to be kicked unconscious I have shouted "That the best you got? You cowardly bunch of pussys Blah Insult" - and even then, the bullies still lost because they couldn't beat fear into me as I mocked them - Nope, bullies do not always win, but when they do it is fear which wins it for them.

Good rant topic OP, thanks

edit on 1Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:01:11 -0500pm01102014f11pm10 by grainofsand because: Typo, 'scool' to 'school'

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Sounds like we would have probably gotten along well if we were in school together.
I would gladly risk a beating before I would tolerate a bully.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
We'd probably get along in any environment then

...and if we all show intolerance to bullies, united together as decent people in every social/work/organisation setting, then they will always lose, because they are usually the minority.

new topics

top topics

join