It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Let Young Jihadist's Off Being Prosecuted?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I guess you mean Anjem Choudary - yup, cant stand him either.

Trouble is he was born here so there is nowhere to deport him to.

We cant do people for general thought crimes though ofc, so hating the UK wont cut it ofc, but as soon as he starts inciting violence, try him fairly i.e no soft treatment for being a muslim that so many people (imo wrongly) bleat on about, and no twisting the law to convict. (eta: i believe that this should have been done already and would like to know why it has not)

Otherwise we need to beef up laws that deal with incitement to violence and hatred and further legislate what people can say legally.

Isn't it interesting that all of this business in the ME will lead to further erosion of freedoms?

Useful that. We also get oil and gas from it and get to sell a lot of weapons. Reconstruction contracts will follow too.

edit on 20-10-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Ok, so lets say the government bow to the baying mob and make leaving the UK to go fight overseas, for either religious or political reasons, illegal and punishable under law.

Now, where do you draw the lines, exempting some while prosecuting others?

For example, young Jews leave the UK to go fight for Israel, based on religious belief. That is the same terrorist state that blew up the King David hotel, killing and maiming British military personnel, and they still celebrate it every year. Not to mention of course the war crimes the IDF commits.
If we are going to prosecute Muslims for going overseas to fight religiously ideological wars, then we must also prosecute those Jews choosing to do the same as well.

We then have the mercenaries, I'm sorry, "private security contractors", that go overseas and are paid to kill, not always in the interests of the British people, but for the corporations and bankers. Also, if they are killing people in undeclared wars then it's usually called murder! Those people too should have their citizenship stripped and be thrown in jail for their crimes.

If we are to bring in laws about fighting overseas for parties other than the UK government, then it must apply in equal measure across the board.
edit on 564Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:32:45 -050032317u14 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sorry, its just this sort of namby pamby Political Correctness that has contributed to the radicalisation of many of these people.
They reap what they sow.
Every one of them should be immediately stripped of their citizenship and denied re-entry into this country.

As for the Court of Human Rights etc - bollocks to them - we need to re-establish the fact the UK Parliament has the ultimate authority over UK Laws.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I suspect the bottom line for the people who make money out of the ME and weapon sales, oil etc didn't bargain for the fact that this fight would ever come onto british soil. Suddenly they could be targeted as many lurk in castles in the UK.

I believe that when the c hips are down muslims will stick together against the Western peoples in the country's they live in. A lot of them live in ghettos and are trying to make these non muslim areas with sharia brought in.

Underneath it all this ideology is a political model as well as a religion so it will never be compatible with Western country's unless Western country's change. Like a new soap brand on the market a calculated number will change to try something new and some will stay with their new choice. I don't see Islam being watered down as you will still get adherents to it demanding the austere and harsh version.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

I have always viewed Israel as a somewhat rogue state and note though that we have a number of jews sitting in our parliament on the front benches of both sides, so they control what the jews can get up to and smirk at the rest of us.
I don't think Jews leaving this country to fight in Israel should be treated any different from the ISIS followers. I find the fact that the blowing up of the King David Hotel and the murder of British personnel disgusting when one realises they celebrate it - What really gets me is the lack of truth about Jewish history and the hiding of actions that they carried out. There is no school in the UK that teaches about the King David Hotel bombing and this is the kind of political interference from a foreign group of people that needs to be dealt with and honesty out in the open.

I agree with you on the laws affecting all fighters not from the british forces going abroad to fight,but I doubt rothschild would so it will be an uphill battle and also many men looking for work would go regardless of the argument for not working in that profession.

I think what separates ISIS though is the barbaric behaviour and the open rape and forced marriage to breed out blond hair and green eyes etc. I wonder how some of those men face their mothers and sisters.

I suspect the law will be tightened and because of the ME we will be paying with our freedom which I for one resent as we seem to be getting more like Gulf States with some of our governments spying antics etc., etc.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Going abroad to fight is illegal...
So I would be surprised if they didn't charge him eventually...

But he is not a Jihadist...
What IS is doing is not Jihad, at all...
Let's be clear about that!

And I wouldn't prosecute the family either...
That's also illegal unless they were directly involved in his radicalisation...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

If they are arrested, murder is murder, and should be treated as such within the realm of civil justice. same if the plot..We have conspiracy laws in place that are just fine for everyone. We have a justice system, lets use it.

If they are on the battlefield, show no mercy.
edit on pMon, 20 Oct 2014 20:28:22 -0500201420America/Chicago2014-10-20T20:28:22-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If someone's gun goes off in their face while they are trying to kill someone else...I guess I'll leave it at that really.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join