It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Was Your First Crush?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hmm, not sure if i'm on topic here, but the first woody i remember getting was while watching saturday morning TV when a pop video by the Irish singer Dana came on.

I've no idea what's wrong with me, i was watching Tizwaz and Sally James was in stockings and garters. Jeez kids TV was good then. Maybe it was a slightly delayed reaction, Dana's just plain :/

ETA: Mary Poppins is still hot, i proper would.
edit on 20-10-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: skunkape23

I do not believe I have ever had a crush in the traditional sense.

I am either perfectly functional, capable, and focused, or in love, which is pretty much the opposite of the former in my experience. I have certainly never been infatuated with a distant and unobtainable celebrity or pinup figure. I have to be emotionally invested in a person to fall in love with them, and I find becoming emotionally invested in the affairs and lives of people I have never met, pretty much impossible.

That is not to say that I have no empathy for people outside the scope of my day to day existence, obviously I feel for anyone caught up in negative world events, and share the joy of those who find themselves in a newsworthy situation of joy, but I find investiture of more emotional currency than that, in things which are outside my influence or immediate view, utterly impossible.

I have recognised the physical beauty of certain famous personages over the years, but only in the same way as I appreciate the subtle nuances of the spray of stars across the milky way, or the deft execution of the work of an Old Master painter. This is not, therefore comparable to a crush.

I didn't intend for the thread to be exclusively about film stars.
I was actually more interested in hearing about real people, but it seems that characters in film are more common.
My first crush on a real person didn't happen until I was in high school.
She was a little Mormon gal. Not stunning in physical beauty, skinny and freckle-faced, but damn she made my heart flutter. I used to sit next to her at lunch and make small talk.
There was no chance, in my mind at least, that we would ever work. She was 'good girl' and I was 'bad boy.' I still think about her to this day, though.
I was more curious about "first" crush. The first one that made your hormones moan.
It seems, at this point, for most people, it was a fictional character on film.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

If that was the intent, then my first crush was a girl in kindergarten. I could never in a million years remember her name nor her face. But what I do remember is that she seemed to glow. I mean that literally - she had an aura that I could see.

The school I went to was in New Hampshire and instead of classes - we had "pods". What that means, to this day, I do not know. Basically all of the people in the same grade were put into a large room and then separated into groups by dividers. Often those dividers would be rearranged and we would all participate in group activities as a whole. Given that the glowing girl was not in my "pod" - I only saw her during these group activities.

I do not think she and I ever even spoke. We just sort of naturally fell into a strange habit, right from the start. We would sit next to each other and hold hands whenever these group things were going on. It was a magnetic sort of attraction I would suppose. Something I cannot put into words.

It would not surprise me at all to die one day and find out that she and I had known each other in a previous life or something of that nature. It was that instant and that comfortable and familiar.

The following year brought the transfer to a proper grade school and my glowing girl was no longer in the same school as I was. The funny thing is that, at the time, I didn't even notice. It was only years and years later that I thought back upon her and began to wonder about how we fell in togther without a word and why she is still, to this day, the only person I have ever encountered who had a glow.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I've stopped thinking with my wotsit now, and remembered that my first crush started in nursery, to the very pretty Sarah Jane Ball who lived up the road from me. I think she moved away shorty after i started school, and then i very randomly met her again at 17 at a house party my gf at the time had.

She was not as pretty but my word her norks were big.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Well, in that case my first crush was my first girlfriend.

We met in English class, at the college at which I resat my GCSE's, which involved a further year of education, essentially to correct any problems that my original schooling may have inserted into my understanding of the requirements of the examinations (the exams we took at age sixteen, to determine our prospects for further education and employment).

I was sixteen and roughly a half when we met. I remember walking into the drab, office like room, with its utilitarian carpeting, poor access to natural light, and soul crushingly bad seating arrangements, making myself less uncomfortable on a chair near the windows. The blinds were shut against the morning light, with shafts of light skewering the gloom.

The room was already occupied by several other students, both male and females, who variously displayed total disinterest in not only making friends, but indeed the entire necessity for their presence in the place. They meddled with their phones, listened to their minidisc players, and grunted at one another occasionally, in an effort which I can only assume was designed to fool onlookers into thinking that they were, in fact, full fledged human beings, capable of communication of some sort.

I thought for a terrible fifteen minutes, that this would be the height of the intellectual capacity of my fellow students for the year, and then a girl walked into the room. Her eyes pretty much sparkled with intellect, and as she sat down opposite me, in one of the pools of light that were spearing the shadows in the room, she smiled at me. Every lesson that we had in common from then on, was spent exchanging messages scribbled in our notebooks. We actually purchased a note pad from the college store, purely to converse in during lessons.

Ended terribly of course, because I had not realised at that point, that raw intelligence is no marker of honesty, loyalty, or indeed emotional intelligence, but the journey had its moments.

P.S. There is no "wan smile" emoticon. I would have used one if there was!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

First grade......Teresa Florez. Then a week later I noticed another girl........Melody Beechy. Crushing on her too. A week later I was pushing them both on the swingset at recess. They didn't seem to mind. They were friends anyway.

My first crush was a two-fer, but if you want to get technical it was Teresa.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

First grade......Teresa Florez. Then a week later I noticed another girl........Melody Beechy. Crushing on her too. A week later I was pushing them both on the swingset at recess. They didn't seem to mind. They were friends anyway.

My first crush was a two-fer, but if you want to get technical it was Teresa.

You have to follow through on that one. If they are both still single, I recommend, as your attorney, to set up some hot three way action. You're not getting any younger.
In the case that they are not still single, forget above advice.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Well if we're talking real life, 'gets up off Freud's couch'. Eighth grade, to me he was so handsome, we danced one time to "Red Sails In The Sunset". My heart beat so fast, a mixture of fear and thrill. I never saw him again after that one dance. Will not forget it.
edit on 20-10-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Thought you said you stopped thinking about your wotsit......

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
a reply to: skalla

Thought you said you stopped thinking about your wotsit......

I'm sure by 'norks' he meant her glowing personality. Gentlemen don't look at boobs.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

Dammit!

It really has got a life of it's own. It has it's own shelf in the fridge, toothbrush, the works.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Hefficide

You could be right Heff.

I guess I just have not got the time or spare resources to waste my time on stuff like that, and never have!

Yet you spend more time typing about it than anyone here?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'll play.......

Because my dad looked like him..........................and at that young age, I thought my dad was famous!

and................

Go figure..............

At school..........Gerwyn.............he still lives in my old town............first playground kiss!

Jane

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If memory serves, (can't guarantee that anymore, LOL)

Bo and Luke Duke. And "Face" from the A-Team.

Wow, Tomboy much? LOL

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I do not know how slow you type, but for me that was less than three minutes.

I actually typed the post you were referring to in the time it takes to boil a kettle for tea making purposes, so it is of trifling concern.
edit on 20-10-2014 by TrueBrit because: Spelling and grammar edit.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
Spock. Something about the brainy unattainability. 'Lays down on Freud's couch' lol

As as adult? Yes. Oh hell yes. Mirror Universe Spock also has a certain desirability to him even once you get past Spock with facial hair. But as a kid, my celeb heartthrob crush was Jonathon Frakes.

As a teen, I was rather torn between him and Avery Brooks. Beards, man, they do it for me. Always have

My real life crush was a Seminole kid I went to school with. Ho. Lee. Crap. He was astonishingly handsome, completely unaware of his good looks, and shy as hell. Which made us girls swoon even more. Robert, you had virtually the entire female half of the school drooling over you and you never realized it...
edit on 10/20/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
First celeb crush: Bruce Lee, with or without his mustache.

First non-celeb crush: Little red haired kid in second grade, can't remember his name. His hair always fell into his eyes, so he had to blow it out of his constantly. He would usually get my attention and then blow his hair, which I thought was amazing and funny all at once. I was an army brat, so we moved before the school year ended and I never saw him again. But, I still have a thing for red hair.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Mirror Universe Spock was SEXY!!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: niobe
a reply to: Nyiah

Mirror Universe Spock was SEXY!!

And so very underrated!

Mirror Spock never got the credit he deserved for his evil sexiness

edit on 10/20/2014 by Nyiah because: Whoops! Ginormo pic, sorry, fixed that

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Oh, as far as "real" crush, I won't put his name on here, others from MI may know him, or of him. His family was big into auto racing.

But it was in middle school and he was a "bad boy", but very sweet to me.
The thing is, I saw him again, about a year ago.
That was a bit disappointing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join