It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is LORD (not the world's view but The Spirit's view) - the greatest is servant of all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A LORD is a ruler or a master, but the way the world sees a "LORD" is not the same way that Jesus Christ sees it.

The Greatest (according to Jesus Christ) is the one who is last and the servant of all:

"But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest. And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all." - Mark 9:35

Jesus was aware that The World (The Gentiles) saw their rules/lords as someone who shows domination over them, but this is not the way a follower of Christ is supposed to think of the world "LORD" (MASTER or RULER):

"But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."
- Mark 10:42-45

Christ himself (The Son of Man) did not come to be ministered to but to minister. Minister means "to serve" or to "attend to the needs of".

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: "
- Philippians 2:5

It was because of Christ's OBEDIENCE as a humble servant even to the moment of death that God highly exalted him above every other name.

"For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." - Luke 14:11

Humble yourself and be a servant of all. Be the least in the world and you will be great in spirit. The exalted will be humbled and the humbled will be exalted.

Jesus was the greatest servant of all so he is the greatest in The Kingdom of Heaven. The greatest servant is the greatest. The "Lord" is not the same as the world sees the "Lord". To the world, power is everything but to God, Love is everything because God is Love so if you know Love then you know God (1 John 4:8) and Love is not self-seeking (1 Corinthians 13:5).

edit on 19-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Best religious post I've seen on this site so far. I commend you sir.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You should send this to every politician in the entire world.

Many Police could take it on board, but would not.

Most Priests, Ministers, Nuns, Brothers, Bishops, Prelates and the Pope do not understand it.

The followers of Allah could do with the same message but it would fall on deaf ears.

Well done. S&F

P

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Very well put together, a lovely read. Jesus doesn't want to dominate, He just wants to love.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Looking at Jesus' role as teacher and servant, it seems odd that the title of a Lordship was ever applied to him to begin with. as it was contrary to his life and the messages delivered in Good Spirit. When I think of 'lords', I reflect upon the warring gods of preceding religious testaments, and this is what I feel the identity of Jesus was attempting to usurp in leading by Truth, opposed to the corrupted power holding dominators that seeked his death for such service unto Divined awakenings.

Set aside from the lords of old, he divided the house of their establishments.

edit on 20-10-2014 by Neoleon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

"Whosever abideth in me and me in them, whatever they may ask shall be delivered unto them." (I know he never said this according to canon, but this is a quote from the front page of the book, very Kabbalistic sounding to me).

If Iesus Christos is merely an allegory for the spiritual journey and even agnostic mystics like me who engage in this journey end up abiding in him, then I think there is something to this.

After my discussion with AlephBet this morning, I was thinking about the Jeffersonian bible and I was going to download it after I got home yesterday evening. Instead, I was at a thrift store and coincidentally the first book I saw on the shelf when I entered was a harmonization of the gospels that put the life of Jesus in chronological order focusing mainly on his words and teachings and ignoring the dogma that has been built up within Christianity. Opening the cover, this book has been gifted three times passing from one family to another in their time of need, and it seems to have been valued by them, how it ended up in a thrift store, I will never know. It is illuminated, leather bound with gold leafing in parts and I invested the amazing sum of $1 to liberate it from the shelves of the local Thrift King in Jeannette. (Your god is a terrible author. You can use coincidence to make things more difficult for your characters, but never easier if you want to sell any books).

Anyway, I suppose I should read the thing. By the time your god is done with me, I'll have a whole library of reading assignments.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Neoleon

It's not odd. The Roman empire coopted this threatening movement. Just research Roman history. Jesus or whoever inspired Christianity was essentially starting a communist style movement which threatened Roman power (for reference Rome is nearly identical in its ideology and government systems to America). That's why at the start Christians were tortured and killed and crucified. They were a threat to the Roman system of suppressing the people for the benefit of preserving the debt bondage class system. Sound familiar?

When they could not be suppressed any longer because the movement kept spreading and was threatening the Roman system, emperor Constantine converted to the religion making it the state religion of Rome. The Romans then coopted the communist movement and its martyr Jesus by inserting Jesus into the pagan traditions of Rome.

Long story short, Christianity was this communist martyr superimposed onto Roman rituals and mythology to create an ultimate religion for controlling the masses. No longer did they need various priests and cults. There was now only one cult and one God for it.

Do some research yourselves . Roman history is fascinating in and of itself. It's even more so because America is a near perfect reincarnation of Rome. The great irony being that the Roman state religion created for social control corrupted the ideals of America not long after its founding. That corruption is why we are where we are now. Just like Rome fell so too will we if we don't change course. The lineage of the running class descended from Rome and even earlier back to Egypt and beyond already knows all this. This is Rome 2.0. The difference is the Romans didn't have nukes and satellite and such. The people and the foreign barbarians are much less a threat to Rome 2.0. They plan to enslave us permanently. The ruling elite of the world (especially America) are designing the Orwellian nightmare with our full support as we speak. The signs are all around but they have us dazed with the modern version of bread and circus. Are you enjoying your groceries and restaurants? How about the TV and sports games? Shhhhh it won't hurt at all. They love you and care for you. Don't question. Be comfortable and happy little sheep.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I really like this thread. It also points out something that I have tried to find from the OT Yahweh. The Lord of the Old Testament is precisely the opposite of what is promoted here by Jesus. My conclusion on this matter is to see that Elohim in Genesis 1 is the Father. Ruach Elohim is the Mother. God's image is both male (strength / head) and female (love / caring / nurture). The balance between the two is the nature of God's strength. Yahweh, in Genesis 2, is the Lord that engaged a secondary creation, split Adam into a division of the image, then restricts the garden fruit. To me, he is the Son of God as a prodigal. The Names of God Bible must be used to see the divisions in conversation and action. If you read a traditional Bible, God is Elohim and Lord is Yahweh. The true relationship does not emerge until you read the true names.

It is not until He is humbled by God as a man that he sees the results of his own misguided creation. By willingly separating himself from God, splitting and dividing mankind, he necessitated the incarnation of his own substance into that of mankind. The error was his. Paying for this on the cross seems to be the true story pointing us all back to the true origin of mankind. At baptism, we see the Elohim (Father) say well pleased. We see the dove descend in peace as the Mother (Ruach Elohim), or Spirit of God, making peace with the Son.

Job knew this:

Job 19

25 I know that my redeemer[c] lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

28 “If you say, ‘How we will hound him,
since the root of the trouble lies in him,’
29 you should fear the sword yourselves;
for wrath will bring punishment by the sword,
and then you will know that there is judgment.”

The root of the trouble lies in him. The subject here is the Redeemer. The Redeemer is Adam first and last, or the incarnation of the Son of God into mankind. In other words, it is not mankind that needed to be saved, but the one that was bonded to us from the beginning. I believe we have been misguided to believe that we are the ones with the error. In reality, it is Adam who has Redeemed the Son. Ezekiel 28 also hints at this fallen nature, ending in the book of Revelation as the mirror to the commerce system that caused the fall (Desire / Selfishness). In the end, we cannot hound him about it. We are him broken into shards of one soul.

As you compare Jesus and Yahweh, you see a contrast of extremes. One is arrogant, judgmental and vengeful on enemies. The other is humbled to the point of becoming servant to enemies. Unless they are the same entities, then we have a story that makes no sense. If we see that we are the Son's body, then the story starts to emerge that all of humanity is the Story of the Bible. The imagery of the Son is a metaphor for all of us nailed to the cross until we recognize the Father and Mother. Two become one. Each saves the other as the corpus is remade. If they are two entities, then we worship both from the Bible. Again, makes no sense.

Like all Greek Tragedy, the development of Pathos (serving rather than being served) is the development of sympathy and empathy over selfishness (apathy for others). Regardless of the actual truth behind the story, we see the same ending we see in every good play, book, movie and story from the lives of men. Is this simply the Mysteries of Paganism emerging as just another myth connected to the root mystery? How could we know? The point of the story, however, is universal. The troubling aspect of all this is the fruit it bears. Mankind has not changed as a result. We have, in fact, become much worse in our apathy toward each other and the planet that supports us. In this, we are failures and so is the communication we have received.

The quality of communication is the response you get. This is true for God more than it is true for us. His obligation is to succeed 100%. As his fallen creation, we must be held harmless. Who's choice was it to Babel our only lifeline to the actual truth? Who created the snake?

Genesis 3

3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

In my own mind, I must flip this back to the source. He spent the entire first 4000 years blaming mankind. In reality, it was his error to begin with. Aside from this being defined to us, we can only know what we are told in allegory. Ignorance holds us harmless by law. It all depends on who we are in relation to the Son of God. The NT seems to say we are his body. The head rules the body as far as the rest of the NT is concerned. The last 2000 years has shown that we have not reflected the truth spoken by the head. If we had, this would be a different world. God writes destiny, so I must simply trust that the Father will not fail in raising his Son. If he does, then I cannot be blamed.

Can God blame us for being HIS image? We can only reflect the original in the end. For good or bad, we are the image of the one that created us. The Son is the image of his Father. It can be no other way. God sees Himself in us.

edit on 20-10-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

In many respects, I agree with your message and do not deny that organised religion is a construct of ruling powers, however that does not disqualify that the identity of Jesus truly was as an Enlightened that incarnated and truly threatened the ruling status quo through Good Spirit, hence the world authorities initiating efforts unto tarnishing his Holy image and melding qualities of his perfected Life Ascension path unto pagan ideologies. He did not preach us to worship him and he did not instruct humanity to build churches to honour him nor his Father, nor to attach any 'lordships' unto him (unlike the gods of the old testament that were jealous and warring, advocating rape and slaughter and expected altars of worship and sacrifice).This usurping I see all as the product of corrupted establishment that used the Truth to their ends of manipulation, distortion applied, in aims that we would be dis-empowered and willfully 'subjected' and lost to the Way out of this lower world matrix that he taught was manipulated by the fallen gods of this world system. They were around long before the Romans ever were and the evidence of their worship extends worldwide across civilisations dating back to ancient times, well before the times of assembled Bible scriptures revised, allocated and edited by kingships.
edit on 20-10-2014 by Neoleon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
A good job.
This is the kind of statement which ought to be well-known, but somehow gets neglected so that the teaching has to be done all over again.

top topics

join