It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakley, MI population-290. Police-100+. Secrets? Many...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneedwere you going anywhere with that ? or were you just pointing out the obvious ?

If you had followed the thread you would have seen that it was actually not obvious for someone.... some people do not realise things are done differently in different countries!

i would have assumed anyone who spends time on this site would know damn well thing happen very differently across the globe
edit on 20-10-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
How can you have a private police force that the town government does not want?? I cannot wrap my head around that. They should all be arrested for impersonating police officers.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I'm going to make this real easy for everyone. Fully automatic machine guns.
edit on 20-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Are all these secret police being paid?.... My guess is a whole bunch of police names on a Roster getting paid and half of them don't exist. Someone is taking the money and running with it. Probably a small circle of organized crime getting a percentage of it too.....that....or.....al Qaida is behind it, and the police chief is filtered the money to them.- western union!

Could this be a witness protection deal??? (I mean I highly doubt it, but with a nutty as this story already is, can witness protection be any nuttier???)

Yeah it could be....I still say someone is making a lot of money off of this.....you wouldn't waste your time with 100 policemen on your roster is there wasn't something in it for the police chief. ....and I don't understand the whole reassurance from the police chief those people will never come to Oakley, mi. how can you be part of a police department if you don't live in the same state? Or town....your badge does no good anywhere else .

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Oakley is actually only a few miles from my house. Their main attraction every year, is the Old Gas Tractor Show, which attracts people from as far away as Canada and other states.
It is basically a drunk fest, with tractors.
Funny, because you sure don't see all these "Police" at it. Your lucky if you see any there. We've had coolers stolen from the campground, and it takes 1/2 hour or more for the idiots to show up, and it is always County, not Oakley.

That being said, this is all about the "boys" club, nothing more nefarious than that. And a big Peeing match between local authorities. Although there are a few "rumors" about a few wealthy folks in the neighborjhood, that support this, which could explain the secret funding, most people believe this is nothing more than power abuse.

I'll see if I can get anyone to go "on record" within the next week or so.

Strange to see our area on ATS though.
edit on 20-10-2014 by chiefsmom because: spelling as usual

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
www.villageofoakley.com...#!chief-of-police/cmzz

The chief seems to have worked on more than one police force simultaneously and rose through the ranks quickly.

www.whois.net...

Says the domain has been owned since 2012 by the police chief himself--you'd think by now, with all this funding from his "club," that they could get the damn site up and running.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Secret financiers?

Sounds to me some criminal (drug) lord could fund that policedepartment and make their own rules.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sounds to me like the Police Chief has his own private security thing going on, funded by the wealthy few.
Would this not be classed as a militia of sorts in case TSHTF.

You know things is bad in and around the Detroit area when even the Cops are prepping. 100 armed preppers with the same mindset is not a bad thing IMHO.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sigh... I really think this is more simple than you guys are making it

The largest impediment is that the NFA registry was closed to full-auto in 1986, therefore only LEOs or Class III FFL's may legally posess a post-86 full auto. Because of this, the price of pre-86 full-autos is very high (typically $10K and up).

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If I had to take a guess...
Many/most of them have never been, and likely will never be, to Oakley because many/most of them do not exist. I'd also wager there are similar lists of 'non-existent...yet government employed' groups of people all around the country.

Where else do the three letter agencies come up with new identities, for their agents, from? Imagine how many THOUSANDS of 'secret agents' this country currently has. Now realize that each of their 'fake identities' has to be a 'person'...with a SSN, a driver's license, a college history, a work history, and current employment.

I'd also wager that, once they 'take on this new identity', it isn't something that they can just 'stop doing' later in life. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually end up cashing pension checks, after they retire...using the fake identity's credentials. This would explain why they use 'government employees'... in order to (somewhat) legitimize the paper trail (ie. the real person has become the fake person, and gets paid through the fake person's 'Oakley PD pension fund'...not the 'CIA's covert black ops fund')

This would also validate their lawyer's position, refusing to release the list because ISIS could become an issue for them.
edit on 20-10-2014 by R3v3l4710ns because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2014 by R3v3l4710ns because: my grammar sucks

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's a farm town nothing but farms within 20 miles

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

As stated by other posts it seems to be that the police department decided they wanted some new toys. They weren't going to get that type of money from seizures and traffic stops (must have tried if being sued a lot) so it seems they started some sort of "club" where people can purchase the idea to be a police officer. Maybe this is so they can flash their badges at the local kids and seem a big shot and maybe live in their mothers basement. That or the village is some sort of front for something more sinister, I was with the first but the response to the FOIA request makes my suspicious ears prick.

The best way to get to the bottom of this is to trace the roots of the village right back to its inception in 1887 as a village and the background of judge Oakley of dutchess county. Time to start digging ....

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

That's the craziest thing I read all month, thanks for posting it!

The police state is real!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Exactly, and not Near Detroit.

As far as the working at more than one department? Yeah, in these small towns, that is very common. A friend was actually working in 3 at one time, because nobody was hiring full time.
Heck, I can even tell you, there is a town 10 minutes from my house, that has no police on duty AT ALL on Sundays and Mondays.

The county sometimes drives through, but mostly only when called.

This whole thing isn't a big government conspiracy. It's a dang power trip.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I wonder how the crime stats are in that town?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I bet the police chif makes a Lot of money from 99 Fake cops.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Check the voting records. Do any of these unaccounted for police vote?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Where does the police chief live? A fancy house in a small farming community would stick out like a sore thumb.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

No, .org can be given to any organization and ultimately it's up to each domain registrar (the person who sells you the domain and registers it with ICANN on your behalf, i.e. godaddy.com or netsol.com) to determine eligibility. I worked for one of these registrars, and they're very readily handed out here in the states. AFAIK, there are no restrictions on their distribution.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: RifRAAF
Wouldnt a police force have a .gov tld? they do here in Australia.

The police are different in the USA, you have federal police, state police, county police, Municipal police, Sheriffs office.... whilst in Australia we only have federal police and state police.

en.wikipedia.org...

awsome ...were you going anywhere with that ? or were you just pointing out the obvious ?

It may not be obvious to someone that lives in another country, what is the point you are trying to make? How to be a troll while giving someone leaving a legit answer a hard time?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join