It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakley, MI population-290. Police-100+. Secrets? Many...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
link

Oakley has 290 residents. They also have over 100 police, for some reason. Those police are also, more or less entirely anonymous. Who those police are or what they are doing is a mystery, even to the village trustees, who say they don’t even have a proper list of their own of who all these people are, though they have been assured by the police chief that many of them have never even been to Oakley, and likely never will.
There’ve been a series of lawsuits in recent years aiming to find out exactly that, leading the village to shut the police force down last month. Here’s where it gets crazy. The village council shut the police down for not having any insurance, because they’re constantly getting sued. Days later, the police showed up again, announcing they’d bought their own insurance and didn’t need the village’s permission to continue to operate. They fund themselves through secret donations from secret benefactors. Weird, right? Last week, after village council members filed a lawsuit, a judge finally ordered the police to shut down again. Days later, the council voted to finally respond to years of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests and release the names of all those secret police. The list has yet to be released, and the council itself is waiting on the police chief to do that, since they don’t have any complete lists.
Today, letters showed up at the doors of the council members’ houses, on the letterhead of a high profile Detroit lawyer. The letters demanded that they recind the decision and stop the release of the FOIA documents, insisting that the police had been promised anonymity, and claiming that ISIS, yes that ISIS, was a potential threat to the police if their names were made public. The letter went on to warn that because everyone knows ISIS is a thing, and knows ISIS would want to get ahold of Oakley police, releasing their names would be a malicious act, one for which punitive damages could be awards.

This is so weird. I wonder whats going on over there. I'm guessing they have some secret underground facility or the likes. Does anyone have an idea of what could be happening in Oakley Michigan?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What in the world....?

Have you read the comments? I agree with the person who says "This has to be an onion article, right?" but I've felt that way about a lot of real news lately. Something is definitely amiss in Oakley.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Are all these secret police being paid?.... My guess is a whole bunch of police names on a Roster getting paid and half of them don't exist. Someone is taking the money and running with it. Probably a small circle of organized crime getting a percentage of it too.....that....or.....al Qaida is behind it, and the police chief is filtered the money to them.- western union!
edit on 19-10-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

www.mlive.com...

Local news has reported on it too so it's not made up. 100% conspiracy. What's going on is a mystery. That something is going on is unquestionable.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

good find ...that is somewhat unusual i will be interested to see where this threads ends up....

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Maybe some kind of "witness protection" program for ??? like the guys who killed Osama bin Laden, then were killed?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I really don't see it being that simple. Those police are being funded privately. To be honest I am having a hard time seeing any plausible reason to have that many officers there. Maybe they are planting large groups of police all over the country for their little homeland war games. Black Budget warriors
edit on 19-10-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Guess they're busy doing something?

Oh here's the link. www.oakleypolice.org...
edit on 17918Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sounds like another example of pure corruption, maybe there is some serious gangsters in the area who want to keep themselves nice and protected.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I found 3 or 4 articles relating to this.
The 100 or so officers are "Reserve officers" most of whom do not live in that town.
They are civilians with concealed carry permits who are carrying police badges for that town.
It sounds like the chief of police has himself a big "club" that pays dues and gets to be a cop.
I guess everyone needs a hobby.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
There's one name, 99+ to go.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
ah^

There, nevermind.
edit on 19-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

That person would be wrong...
Link

I tend to lean with another poster that this sounds like a private club to fund the station or provide extra income.
edit on -05:00pmSun, 19 Oct 2014 22:54:33 -0500pm1020145419PM10 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Are all these secret police being paid?.... My guess is a whole bunch of police names on a Roster getting paid and half of them don't exist. Someone is taking the money and running with it. Probably a small circle of organized crime getting a percentage of it too.....that....or.....al Qaida is behind it, and the police chief is filtered the money to them.- western union!

Could this be a witness protection deal??? (I mean I highly doubt it, but with a nutty as this story already is, can witness protection be any nuttier???)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Guess they're busy doing something?

Oh here's the link. www.oakleypolice.org...

Why is their top-level domain a .org? Wouldnt a police force have a .gov tld? they do here in Australia. Its only community groups that are allowed the .org tld from what I know--I guess if it is some "secret police club" where they are selling badges to anyone wanting to play bad-cop worse-cop, then an .org would be appropriate.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
Wouldnt a police force have a .gov tld? they do here in Australia.

The police are different in the USA, you have federal police, state police, county police, Municipal police, Sheriffs office.... whilst in Australia we only have federal police and state police.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce
Still you would think they could get a .gov.mi??

I just did a whois on the domain just to see who its registered to, on the off chance its registered to some extrinsic entity, the owner:
Robert Reznik, Oakley Police Department. Same address as on the website.

I guess its better to have a .org than a .com for a police force???

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: RifRAAF
Wouldnt a police force have a .gov tld? they do here in Australia.

The police are different in the USA, you have federal police, state police, county police, Municipal police, Sheriffs office.... whilst in Australia we only have federal police and state police.

en.wikipedia.org...

awsome ...were you going anywhere with that ? or were you just pointing out the obvious ?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneedwere you going anywhere with that ? or were you just pointing out the obvious ?

If you had followed the thread you would have seen that it was actually not obvious for someone.... some people do not realise things are done differently in different countries!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join