It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:04 AM

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I would have liked to have heard the peoples reasons for walking out.

I'm surprised someone didn't at least get a cell phone video.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:16 AM
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I know the black community is not happy with Obama for various reason, immigration for one.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:40 AM
Black pastors rally against gay marriage

A coalition of black pastors and supporters said Tuesday it will file legal briefs in more than 80 court cases involving lawsuits to legalize gay marriage. The group announced its plans during a news conference Tuesday at the Marriott Hotel near Metro Airport. Minister Stacy Swimp, a Flint pastor, said he also wants to see a boycott against black-owned media and the NAACP for supporting gay marriage. Swimp said the NAACP, the nation’s largest civil rights organization, has become a “morally bankrupt” organization “which has sold our civil rights for gay rights.” “Who gave you permission to say Dr. King took a bullet for gay rights?” he said

I know how some here on ATS like to rail against white conservatives, the fact of the matter is many blacks, Hispanics, and Muslims are far more conservative on certain issues,

I started topic on this subject, it saw little action as usual.

I told people the groups the democrats were aligning themselves with for votes would come back to bite them one day.

And all those rights they fought for down the toilet

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:48 AM
Black Activists in Chicago Tell Obama to 'Just Quit'

Why the groups that are even more conservative than most conservatives vote Democrat.

I also said the last three years of this administration would be a nightmare.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:15 AM
a reply to: grandmakdw and others after the Mod action

Dear grandmakdw,

I know we haven't spoken much, but I try to be completely honest on ATS, so try to believe me here. There are some times when the Mods go overboard, but this isn't one of them. I completely agree with what the Mod did in this case. The discussion became personal and insulting, some posters came to the defense of the victim, and we got carried away.

it was a basic troll trap and I got caught in it.

Now back to the topic.

If Obama is so badly hated, I wonder what that will do the Democrats in 2016. This year, of course, he helps the Republicans, but for the next presidential? Do the voters stay bad and fall over themselves trying to vote Republican? Or, do they follow Hillary's lead and ask what difference does it make now, forgetting Obama completely?

With respect,
edit on 20-10-2014 by charles1952 because: Add a bit.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:20 AM
Whenever a president is due in Atlanta, I leave work early. Snarls traffic something fierce, on top of Atanta's already horrific traffic.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:30 AM

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Beloved Presidents get assassinated.....and America always forgets.
We hire the guy we like the most to do one of the hardest jobs on the planet, and lately, bitch at him 24/7 about how things just aren't going our way.
We hated Bush 2
We hated Clinton
We hated Bush 1
At the time of the first bush SNL was just coming into its prime again for political satire, setting the stage for later efforts by many notable comedians until we reach the present. I say this because I feel it, along with internet/cable news, has drastically altered how we view the president and modern politics.

Presidents have always been held over the fire because of their actions. Obama has been handled gently for several years and now the chickens HAVE come home to roost. There are good and bad presidents. There are good presidents who make some bad decisions and bad presidents who make some good decisions. Over the course of their term in office, the public can begin to see their general character and the type of person their leader is and what they really stand for. The internet and cable news only depict the some of the views of the people. Since their are several different views their are lots of opinions. The actions of our leader however speak for themselves and it's our job as citizens to be aware and know what the hell is going on instead of blindly following POTUS and the government. That's what has created a lot of the messes people are in nowadays. They are waking up but it's a damn slow process and a lot of grogginess before people get it.

The country is in a downward spiral, millions more than ever on public food stamps, health care is a hurricane of disaster for millions, and regardless of what the graphs and reports say, the economy is in the sh##er and the middle class is sucking eggs. Tell us how things ARE going our way. Please, give us some hope because the change sucks.

This president isn't a puppet and he can only feign ignorance and hide behind the curtain so long. At some point he should put the big boy pants on and KEEP them on instead of pulling them out of the hamper only when he's hell bent on a single issue, and be a goddamn leader. It IS his job. It's almost too late.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>