It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yes, that's the Title,,,Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early or are they Running Our Early, They've had enough of the Lies! These are,The Few, The Proud, The Not So Stupid, Have Woken Up Democrats!!!

Yes, Yes, they'll be along shortly, to tell me that the thread is all about Hate and Republican Propaganda and I'm a Racist and On and On.
They have not woken up, they still get that Dingley Feeling running down their leg, Yes, I know, they'll come on and say, I'm not an Obama supporter BUT and then they go into their rant how I'm the worst thing since the Plaque.

The article is as follows and I did a search and didn't see any other threads.

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama made a rare appearance on the campaign trail on Sunday with a rally to support the Democratic candidate for governor in Maryland, but early departures of crowd members while he spoke underscored his continuing unpopularity.

With approval levels hovering around record lows, Obama has spent most of his campaign-related efforts this year raising money for struggling Democrats, who risk losing control of the U.S. Senate in the Nov. 4 midterm election.

Most candidates from his party have been wary of appearing with him during their election races because of his sagging popularity.

Not so Lieutenant Governor Anthony Brown of Maryland, who is running for governor, and Governor Pat Quinn of Illinois, who is running for re-election. Obama plans to appear at an event for Quinn later in the evening.

"You've got to vote," Obama repeated over and over at a rally for Brown in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, near Washington.

Democrats have a history of not turning up to vote in midterm elections.

"There are no excuses. The future is up to us," Obama said.

A steady stream of people walked out of the auditorium while he spoke, however, and a heckler interrupted his remarks.

Obama's help, or lack thereof, may not matter much to Brown, who is 11 points ahead of Republican opponent Larry Hogan, according to an average of polls by RealClearPolitics.

Quinn's race is tighter. He is ahead of Republican opponent Bruce Rauner by 1.8 points, according to the RealClearPolitics average.

Obama is scheduled to spend the night at his Chicago home after the campaign event for Quinn.

Yes, that's right, it's not FOX NEWS,,,, so there goes one of your Rants!
Not FOXNEWS

edit on 19-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Every now and then I like to remind the die hard Obama supporters about hope and change.

This is one of those times. Did you get it?

Sorry op if that was not on topic, hard to believe at this point any democrat actually wanting him for campaign efforts. Lol

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Actually, they should lock him up at the Door as he leaves.

But in the US, he is untouchable...however the Constitution states he is guilty and therefore should be imprisoned as an enemy of the state.

The real question...Why is he still in the house and not in prison?

Only when the American people grab their jewels will they be free.

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Good.

Best news I've heard all day.

I might get some sleep tonight.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

but early departures of crowd members while he spoke underscored his continuing unpopularity

Can't wait for the cell phone videos !!!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This whole thing sparks some thoughts, thanks for that.

Assume for a moment that Obama ends up hated even more in the next two years, because he does crazy things as a "lame duck." What does that do for the Democrats in 2016?

Are they trashed because they've supported Obama all this time? Or, are they going to run on an "I'm not Obama platform?" That would be easy for Hillary, as she ran against him once in the primaries.

But the given is that Republicans, Independents, and Democrats are no longer excited by this person. The Hope is gone, and I'm still frightened about the Change.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Kind of made me laugh quietly......
What does this man expect? Those puppet strings are getting really thin.
People are hopefully seeing through the BS and just not in the mood anymore to listen to the lies....flash that fake smile....and empty promises.

Enough already

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

President Barack Obama made a rare appearance on the campaign trail on Sunday with a rally to support the Democratic candidate for governor in Maryland

"Rare Appearance" ??

Isn't a President supposed to be welcomed at Democrat rallies for candidates ??

Waiting for the results of this candidate for Governor !!!

Could be a flop in the making.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

The latest book I was reading had a comment in there that made me think of our current president
[and no, the remark in the book was not about politics, but about a leader in general]

Anyway, I thought it pretty on target:

"Too many leaders fail when they are afraid to do what is right because it is hard, or they are afraid of how it will make them look"

Now whether or not Obama fits either of those descriptions, I don't know
I would hope so, rather than the alternate of he really doesn't care

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412
You know My Good Friend, You're Right, A Good Man Who Cared About America, Its on target. But Obama No.
He knew full well that he could not keep those promises and he was told that by experienced Politicians.
He told the people exactly what they wanted to hear so he could be elected and draw a Government Paycheck The Rest Of His Life! Surprise, Surprise, Surprise now he's on easy street at the Taxpayers Expense. Sickening Isn't it.

Now at last,,, people are waking up,,, it's too late,,, they should have listen to us in 2012 after they ignored us in 2008.
The damage is done and he's still has more damage to do. This people should not even vote for this Man he he's Got Obama at his Rally!!

ETA: I'll be gone for about three days, so stay strong,,,,,,

edit on 19-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

He most definitely does. He has caved into Republicans and sold out his own people all the time. One media storm over a white house intruder and he threw out the secret service director who had served for decades under multiple presidents.

Alternatively Bush was the same. You could tell that he was agonizing over the cover ups from 9/11 during questioning over why he needed to testify with Cheney to the 9/11 review board. Bush was a well meaning guy but he let Cheney run the show out of fear.

Can you imagine where we'd be if Bush or Obama stood up for their ideals and fought the good fight instead of being puppets? Oh well can't wait for the next puppet scapegoat. Should be fun bashing him too right?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

All politicians blow smoke up our azz to get elected, of course, we're the dumb azzes that fall for it, but....
But Obama has really beat them all with his deceptions

My issues with him is Obamacare--we still don't know what will happen cost wise next year
Our Foreign policies--other countries now see us as weak and impotent, know they can't depend on us
And yes, our borders!! Yikes, no one will touch that one, literally
Oh and of course, our pitiful economy *shakes head*

It does make me wonder what is in store for us the next 2 years
Maybe nothing, just more of that.....nothing

BTW, I eat my Wheaties every morning......not. LOL

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

He most definitely does. He has caved into Republicans and sold out his own people all the time. One media storm over a white house intruder and he threw out the secret service director who had served for decades under multiple presidents.

Yes, they got rid of her over that, yet they kept Lois Lerner with the outrageous IRS scandal and Eric Holder with the F&F scandal among a few others

Susan Rice just got shuffled to another Dept. after the Benghazi flap over the bogus video BS excuse

IMO, the Secret Service deal was more of a scary 'Holy Sh#t' scenario, where as the others caused a lot more harm to the public and yet, those people still have their jobs

They keep the ones that should be fired and let the one go that should have stayed

Sadly though, as others have pointed out, presidents are just puppets being manipulated by TPTB
It doesn't really matter which party one belongs to, they are basically the same, just different mascot
Something to keep us divided

Just found out not long ago, after listening to one of my sisters bitch about Obama, that she is a registered Dem
I said 'You're kidding me, I never would have thought that'
She said over the years her views along with the party has shifted & drifted apart

I told her next time to register as an Independent like my brother and I, that way she can have at least 3 choices, not the 1, especially if she is unhappy with her party

And yes, whoever is president next term is fair game for picking on!!
Especially if they make outrageous promises that never gets fulfilled and then harps on about how they are going to be the most transparent administration

Obama gives a whole new meaning to transparent!! LOL

edit on 20-10-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Obama is more Translucent than transparent....

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Beloved Presidents get assassinated.....and America always forgets.

We hire the guy we like the most to do one of the hardest jobs on the planet, and lately, bitch at him 24/7 about how things just aren't going our way.

We hated Bush 2
We hated Clinton
We hated Bush 1

At the time of the first bush SNL was just coming into its prime again for political satire, setting the stage for later efforts by many notable comedians until we reach the present. I say this because I feel it, along with internet/cable news, has drastically altered how we view the president and modern politics.

edit on 20-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Yes, they got rid of her over that, yet they kept Lois Lerner with the outrageous IRS scandal

Yes, he did keep his Faithful Minion in that Job Slot as long as he could,,,, and now I understand the IRS as a special Block Just For Her Excuse,,,,

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Oh, I wish Obama had been subjected to political satire on SNL.

In a new book, “Politics Is a Joke!” three academics tabulated 100,000 jokes told by late-night comics over the last 20 years. They found that in 2008 only 6% of the jokes were about Obama (Palin attracted nearly as many jokes in four months as a public figure as he did all year). And those jokes had a tendency to be about as barbed as cotton candy. Example cited by Tevi Troy in The Wall Street Journal: Jon Stewart said Obama visited Bethlehem so he could see “the manger where he was born.”

In every presidential campaign since 1992, the researchers found, comedians aimed more jokes at Republicans than they did at Democrats. Overall, twice as many barbs flew at the GOP.

Now that he has retired from the show and gained a little perspective, Downey comments in “Live from New York,” “I have to say, and even [Al] Franken agrees with me — I’ve talked to him about this — that the last couple seasons of the show were the only two in the show’s history where we were totally like every other comedy show: basically, an arm of the Hollywood Democratic establishment. . . . We just stopped doing anything which could even be misinterpreted as a criticism of Obama.”

nypost.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>