It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Ohio kills 5, ex-Pantera guitarst Dimebag dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
What sad news out of Columbus, Ohio tonight. A man went on stage 30 seconds after "DamagePlan", a spinoff of Pantera, started playing and started shooting the band. Witnesses said he first approached "Dimebag" Darrell, shooting him in the head at close range and killing him.

At least four people are dead in Ohio after a man walked onstage during a concert by the heavy metal band Damageplan last night in Columbus.

Authorities say the gunman wounded at least two others before he was shot to death by police.

A witness says Damageplan had just begun their first song at the Alrosa Villa when the man opened fire on the band. The witness says the guitarist, who went by the name "Dimebag Darrel," was initially shot.

According to the band's Web site, the guitarist and another member are formerly of the heavy metal band Pantera from Texas.

The witness says the man climbed onto the stage, started yelling and shot the guitarist five or six times at close range. The witness says the gunman also shot a bouncer who pulled him off the musician.

www.kltv.com...

:shk:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
But hey, the US doesn't need gun-control.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Anyway, it's a real shame that Dimebag Darrell is no longer with us. He was a very talented musician and inspired many others. I can't imagine what would make someone want to do this.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This is sick! Geeeeezz.... I can't believe someone could do such a thing. Probably an insane Pantera-fan wanting revenge for them splitting up or something. This discusts me. Yeehaaa, gun control...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is very sad indeed.....Simply more proof of the fringe lunatics we harbor in our society who have easy access to fire arms....

His music will live on!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
this is a big blow to the Dallas Ft Worth music scene
Pantera/Damageplan were from here and they were hugely active in getting good bands off the ground, they are a big part of the reason alot of new bands have come out of D/FW lately. D/FW will mourn the loss of one of it's premier musicians and musical role models

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Oh so one person is going to ruin it for the rest of the country?? Of whom the MAJORITY of gun owner's are law abiding?!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Oh so one person is going to ruin it for the rest of the country?? Of whom the MAJORITY of gun owner's are law abiding?!

Trust me. One person will ruin your life.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This isn't good news.

Rest in peace DD

my monkeys salute you

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Clearly there's an issue tha needs to be resolved that involves some form of control whenever lunatics like this can get a hold of a gun...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Im still getting over the shock. what a dark day for music. He was an incredible musician, Im paying my respects by listening to my pantera collection and drinking like a fish, just how he'd want it.

He's up there right now Jamming with Hendrix, Cobain, Lennon and Bolan.

I only hope it doesn't come out that Phil Anselmo had any involvement. That would be to sick to imagine.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

one person can ruin anything for everyone. theres always one asshole that screws it up for us all. youll find that in everything!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Having spent much time in Columbus I can tell you that is how the whole city is getting. Alrosa is (well was) a highly respected place in the metal scene , around here anyway. But the CPD's corruption and neglect has led to the makings of a city that is probably the worst in the state now, you can hardly feel safe anywhere you go up there any longer

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Strigoi]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
God bless Dimebag.

He will be missed.

Such a sad day, such a good guitarist.

new topics

top topics

join