It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Man jumps on stage and opens fire at concert

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Is this a joke? Dimebag Darrel isnt really dead, is he? Someone please tell me this isnt true

Not a joke Kid....turn on the news..it'll be on there at some point....

[edit on 12/9/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by electric squid carpet
Katolu, this is a conspiracy related website, you do realise this dont you?

[edit on 9-12-2004 by electric squid carpet]

Yes, I'm very aware of that. Like I said in my post, I think the gov't has its nose in just about everything. But the knee jerk reaction (by some, not all) to these murders is just ridiculous. The whole story hasn't come out yet and government psyop spooks have committed it, done deal, you're blind and ignorant if you think otherwise. Sorry, but I like to think for myself and will form an opinion based on those facts. Yes, I know if it's a cover up then there truly never will be any "facts" much like the Lennon assassination.

That's all I have to say. I'm in a huge minority here because I don't think everything is a conspiracy. God forbid I actually do some analytical thinking and come to my own conclusion.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is a tragedy. I couldn't even believe it when I heard it... Dimebag Darrell, in my mind, was the best metal guitarist who ever lived. He was my hero (as far as the guitar goes). I seriously have a poster of him on the wall right beside me at this very moment. His music has been an inspiration for me since I was a punk kid, fumbling around on the fretboard at the age of 16. This is a truly sickening incident, and Darrell will be sorely missed. He had so much left in him, musically speaking, but I suppose that's true for all who are taken before their time.

Now I know how Beatles fans must have felt when Lennon was taken from us. It never really hits home until someone you look up to in whatever capacity is taken like this. Unbelievable. That guy is lucky the cops killed him, I think if the crowd had gotten him they would have torn him limb from limb. Literally.

What a terrible shame.

Rest easy, Dime, you will be sorely missed by me and metal fans everywhere.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The gunman was able to gain access through the backdoor. They check for weapons at the front door with a metal detector. The gunman shot dimebag 5 or 6 times, then shot his brother the drummer. He then apparantly started to shoot into the crowd. A cop was patrolling close by, he also entered through the back door to find the gunman holding someone and he then shot and killed the gunman. Seems like a vengance type of shooting to me. The gunman was definately going for the 2 brothers. Both brothers were in their late 30,s and I think they said on the news that the killer was in his 30,s as well so it was not a youth with no Conscious type of killing. It is a said day for humanity and heavy metal.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Everyone's a critic....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I didnt mean any offence and i agree, I was just saying (most of the conspiracy stuff makes this a fun and interesting forum to be around, i try to keep an open mind either way)

Its sad to see a heavy metal guitarist who liked to have fun with the musics metal theme and not take it too seriously killed this way.

I agree that rasing a child on a diet of ignorant parenting and desensitizing media when young can turn them into selfish drones, with a serious disconnect from reality...."waking" up from this suddenly during puberty or by using drugs can cause huge mental problems later on in life, its not healthy to be raised this way. I doubt we will ever know the killers story though.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
news that the killer was in his 30,s as well so it was not a youth with no Conscious type of killing.

You don't have to be 20 to fit the above "no conscious" mind set that is talked about above......as I just wrote...it's a mind set...it usually does fit some of the younger generation...but that mind set and it's many reasons for existing...can infect all ages...I would imagine we'll get what the motive was sooner or later

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I would imagine we'll get what the motive was sooner or later

I heard on the radio this morning that the motive was that the Guitarist - NICKLEBAG - broke up the group Pantera to start this new band. Apparently the shooter was a huge Pantera fan. Geeez, how peoples minds think sometimes. I'd like to know how a gun was brought into the stadium. In Philadelphia, when you go to a concert, your searched.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
LadyV, I mean no offense to you. I was pointing out that it appeared to be a vengance type of killing, like the guy stole his girlfreind or something.

The band was playing in a small bar that hold somewhere around 300 people or so. IT is not that big of a place. They probably have 6 or so security guards working their. I used to go their alot 10 years ago.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Bleh. I woke up this morning and heard the news on the radio.

Rest In Peace Darrell. You were one of the most brutal mainstream metal guitarists out there and you certainly had a large influence on how i play and write music (not to mention countless other guitarists you've influenced...)

sigh... 25 years to the day of John Lennon's murder as well. so sad

(i am not trying to compare dimebag to lennon i just find it very odd...)

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katolu
The gunman was angry that Pantera broke up and blamed Dimebag for it.

Psyops? CIA mind control? Yes, yes it makes perfect sense. Now no one will ever be held accountable for their actions again. Gone is personal responsibility. That traffic accident you had? The government. Chip a tooth on a chicken bone? The government.

The government is everywhere and in everything, but to diminish the murder of five people to simple government conspiricy is absurd and lacks any sort of thought. Something like this happens and the zombie arms come up and the droaning starts "government cover up, government cover up"

This is turning into a rant, but it torques me off that the death of these people at the hands of a whack-job who needed serious mental health treatment is boiled down to mind control.

Comment: On the other hand why overlook anything? Sure it looks crazy, but so does Columbine. The Intelligence connections and proximity to hard locations is a matter of record for students who became the poster children for Clinton gun control and other big brother legislation. Just because the person involved looks like another nut case going "postal," doesn't mean it always is. Of course watch for non-obvious "copy cat," events, which may happen if there is some piece of law to write.

Just the facts please, then people can make up their mind, even if they can do nothing about lunacy from any front. At least people will know, and be able to act upon the data when puzzle fits together.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdude

Guitarist - NICKLEBAG

Hu!?

[edit on 12/9/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Yeah, I realized it after I posted it - his nickname was dimebag, not nicklebag........... I am a bozo

Rest in peace Dimebag.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
...The gunman shot dimebag 5 or 6 times, then shot his brother the drummer... Seems like a vengance type of shooting to me. The gunman was definately going for the 2 brothers...

So Vinnie was killed also? Or was he just wounded? All the reports I have read so far say that 4 died (not counting the punk-ass gunman) and 2 wounded, but they haven't released the names of one of the dead or either of the wounded. I hope he didn't get Vinnie too... He had almost the same stature as a drummer that Dime had as a guitarist... Both were at the top of their game, and I'll say it again, I am sickened.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

So Vinnie was killed also? Or was he just wounded?

As far as currently reported...he is still alive. He was transported to a local hospital

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by The Axeman

So Vinnie was killed also? Or was he just wounded?

As far as currently reported...he is still alive. He was transported to a local hospital

May God bless him with a speedy recovery, and be with his family and friends as they mourn the loss of Darrell.

[edit on 12/9/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Everyone's a critic....

*tries to contain laughter*

On a serious note though Wow! I am really shocked by this, and I'm not easily shocked.

I can't wait to know more about what happened here, that's just crazy.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Why can't anyone run on stage and shoot at Britney Spears' band, or Hanson's band, or N'Sync's band, or the band of that weak a*s clown Clay Aiken? Why must those that rock hardest come to such an end?

Peace out

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is of course a tragedy, but I have to wonder if the violence glorified in the videos of these groups and the unsavory names they take and the personnas they adopt does not lend themselves to these kinds of actions.

On the other hand, we have just paid tribute to John Lennon, who in his weirdest stages looked like a choir boy compared to these guys.

But, because I do research for my profession on the internet, I sometimes type in some disgusting medical condition searches and am mystified when I have to wade through several pages dedicated to a band before I can find anything clinical on the subject.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
But, because I do research for my profession on the internet, I sometimes type in some disgusting medical condition searches and am mystified when I have to wade through several pages dedicated to a band before I can find anything clinical on the subject.

Well these guys were no Cannibal Corpse, if that's what you mean. There are those in the metal genre that glorify violence and write horrendous lyrics, but not these guys. In the beginning days of Pantera alot of their message was about self empowerment and fighting the system. Then Phil got on the heroin and everything changed... The material got really dark there for a while, of course the music behind it was great, but you could tell from Phil's lyrics that there were serious problems going on. They kind of turned it around on their last album, and got back to their roots as far as lyrical content and whatnot.

When Pantera broke up, they (Damageplan) started heading back in the direction that Pantera was going originally. These guys smoked alot of reefer and drank a lot, but they were not necessarily advocates of violence, they were all about having a good time. With metal you almost always get that macho "I can kick your a$$" mentality, and I'm not saying that they didn't have that, but it was to a degree far less than what you are talking about Grady. I do take your point, though.

These guys were, from what I know of them, good guys who liked to party and play awesome and hardcore music. And what's more they did it the BEST.

I love metal music, but I'm not violent or crazy or mindless or lost or an addict... I just like the music. The fact is that these guys were extremely talented musicians, and I see it as a great loss.

Just a tidbit - Dimebag, at the age of 16, was banned from competing in every guitar competition in Texas because he had already won them all, and there was no one who could beat him. Nobody had a chance. That was 22 years ago... can you imagine the level of this man's playing ability at the age of 38? It blows my mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join