It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Man jumps on stage and opens fire at concert

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
An unidentified man jumped on stage at a Columbus Ohio concert and opened fire. During the show, performed by heavy metal band Damageplan, a man ran on stage and proceeded to open fire. At least five people are reportedly dead, including two band members, and two are wounded. Among the dead was Dimebag Darrell, a former member of the group Pantera. The gun man was also reportedly killed in the incident.

www.nbc4i.com
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported.

FeedRoom

Nightclub Shooting

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Road.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man reportedly ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. Some members of the audience reportedly thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, NBC 4's Erin Tate reported.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I believe that this shows the present enviornemt we live in. We live in a world where a lot of todays youth is growing up without a conscious. They are surrounding by death and violence by the media and some lack the ability to comprehend the significance of an act like this. Throw in drugs/alcohol, the rush of a heavy metal concert and one detatched soul and the results can be horrifying. Now, this might turn out to be some religious extremist but I bet we find that this is the story of some poor, deranged, young man who finally "lost it".

[edit on 12-12-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
We really lost a great guitarist here.

RIP Dimebag

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
PsyOps, Cia... more garbage to report on, Create a problem to make the need for change... IMO Things are just going to get worse..

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Well how to piss off youth in one easy lesson by stating that they have no conscience. I think if you were to analyse all the incidents in recent years involving a "mad gunman" they are not all committed by youths. Most are committed by men older than 30.

I noticed you also threw in the narrow minded 1960's politicians attack on Heavy Metal as some kind of bad influence.

How about this : What happened was yet another example of somebody in need of psycological help who had access to a gun (important bit) who decided flip at a concert as opposed to a school, or petrol station, or main street, or shopping mall or.... etc etc

regards,

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The guy died, but is 'unidentified'? Smells psyop-ish to me too man. Gun Control will be hailed soon as the solution to these acts of 'random' violence. The enemy of any regime is a well armed and well informed citizenry, the solution for them is mass propoganda and taking the guns away.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The age conclusion is way off. The average age of the people attending this concert was about 30 years old - mostly older metal heads who were into Pantera back in the day. A columbus police officer killed the guy. No idea why this happened.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
This definitely smells like a government operation. Most folks do not tote guns to a concert. I think it is more "mind control" related than "heavy metal" related. God bless the vicims. There's some good jammin in heaven tonight.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Just curious but how you guys keep saying this is a government operation. How does this "smell" like a government operation? It seems that whenever something bad happens these forums launch into how the government was behind it. I just don't believe that every event that happens in life is tied to some dark government conspiracy. But hey, I'm open, lets see the information that you guys must have that points to the government being responsible for this event.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Lack of evidence is what points to a Government operation. It is even more suspicious when the attacker is killed in the incident. Just another test of the sleeper cells used by the CIA's mind control experts. Pretend it doesn't exist if it makes you feel more secure.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Lack of evidence? This just happened a few hours ago.

The guy had to be killed. He wasn't stopping. He killed 5 and wounded 2 more before he was shot.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I'm watching the Columbus 6am news. There is a videotape and Columbus Police have it.

EDiT: The police are planning a press conference later today. I will post any new information. They also said that the damage plan message board has first hand accounts of the event. There was around 300 fans attending the show.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
pantera.com

has a heap of news articles.

R.I.P everyone who was killed.

Metal fans have lost a truely great guitarist in Dimebag.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Awww no.

My S/O is going to cry when he hears this. He'd hung out with Darell a few years back.

Why weren't there metal detectors? My thought is that this is rare for rock concerts. Security is more lax than at hip-hop shows, where a team of bouncers practically give you a medical exam.

Sad, so sad.
Dot.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
What does this have to do with the government? I'm chronically paranoid, and have yet to think of a connection. I think the guy who did it was mentally ill and untreated. I do not think it reflects today's youth, or even grown-up exGeneration X'ers.

Not only metalheads, but classically-trained guitar afficiandos hail Darrelll's skills. His following wasn't a bunch of confused, psychotic teenagers. He was inspiration to many guitarists.

I agree with the above post that most of his fans are pushing thirty now. I also agree with The Fact that shootings such as this do not reflect the state of mind of the general populace. So-called "Metalheads" possess and show great respect for great musicians, so please don't call this random act of violence a general reference to how we all think.

Dot.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I loved Dimebag.
He was a great guy.
Where was the security?
I know El Rosa Villa is just a club, but a gun?
Heck, I have a hard time getting a Dimebag into a concert.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
John Lennon was shot and killed on this same day (december 8th)

Its a shame, I grew up listening to Pantera, I learnt the basics of blues guitar by listening to them.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by electric squid carpet]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Many of today's youth doesn't have a conscious...whether it pisses them off or not! Many kids are bombarded with violence on a constant basis...home, school ,movies, video games, music...they are not taught how to be gentle, with humans or animals and it's my personal opinion it has to with parenting.....these are thing taught at an early age, to be respectful of others, that gentleness is not "sissy" thing. Now, I 'm not one to believe that a movie, or music can make anyone go out and hurt someone unless there are already mental issue there...but when I child lives in violence, hears it, sees it on a constant basis.....there is most likely mental issue present! I also fell this current "gang" mentality in music dress and speech helps to escalate this problem.....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The gunman was angry that Pantera broke up and blamed Dimebag for it.

Psyops? CIA mind control? Yes, yes it makes perfect sense. Now no one will ever be held accountable for their actions again. Gone is personal responsibility. That traffic accident you had? The government. Chip a tooth on a chicken bone? The government.

The government is everywhere and in everything, but to diminish the murder of five people to simple government conspiricy is absurd and lacks any sort of thought. Something like this happens and the zombie arms come up and the droaning starts "government cover up, government cover up"

This is turning into a rant, but it torques me off that the death of these people at the hands of a whack-job who needed serious mental health treatment is boiled down to mind control.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Is this a joke? Dimebag Darrel isnt really dead, is he? Someone please tell me this isnt true

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Katolu, this is a conspiracy related website, you do realise this dont you?

[edit on 9-12-2004 by electric squid carpet]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join