It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The [Mouse] Pointer of human body.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If you concentrate you attention on a single point of your body, outside or inside you notice that you have more sensation there or at least some feeling of "buzz" in that spot. Now that you have a spot you can feel more, try moving your attention away from there, slowly. You will notice that this sensation is moving too. Gradually concentrating becomes like a pointer, giving you extra sensations on your body.

When i am bored, i just sit back and navigate around my body using this sensation... gives me sense of relaxation.

So now that i told you about it. What is the name for it? Anyone know any scientific information about this? i am curious and i want to learn more.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I've had a lot of interesting experiences dealing with exactly what you described, It was explained to me as Chi, or Ki.

Life energy. Basically you are feeling your life energy inside of yourself, a really good one I do to get into a deep meditation, is I feel my entire body that way, and away I drift.

Also if you have trouble getting to sleep, start at your feet and feel the energy move up slowly until it hold's your entire body like a heavy blanket. Presto sleep!

I don't know of any scientific name's behind this however, I do believe this is the ability to sense energy inside of your body, and for some even outside =)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

What is the name for it?

Astral projection, if I understand you correctly.

I have a meditation that I like to do. I imagine that I am standing on a photon, I call it "surfing the zaphuya", but the hard part is, I must travel in a straight line. Any sensation of a curvature is the result of distraction, lack of focus. I've been all over the solar system using this medication.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Nah, it cannot be astral projection. Nothing so fancy. I literally am thinking of physical sensation. (clicks on link) i read it anyways.
I do not have out of body experiences. (But dreaming about flying is awesome specially when i have to exert focus to fly.)

Is as simple as trying to concentrate on a finger, until you realize you feel that one finger a little bit more than others. Then try to move that sensation by focusing on another part of the finger, closer to the base and then move it onto another finger. Moving that sensation elsewhere to explore the body.

Rarely have trouble sleeping as I just daydream until i fall asleep. There's never enough daydreaming for me. =)

edit on 18America/ChicagoSun, 19 Oct 2014 18:53:59 -0500000000pm2014-10-19T18:53:59-05:0031532014-10-19T18:53:59-05:00 by Heruactic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I took some doctor prescribed hydrocodone when I had a broken foot. I laid in bed and closed my eyes. I had no awareness of my entire body except for the throbbing point of pain in my foot which was now more intense than it was before. I don't take medication for pain anymore.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It's called Mind fullness. And it's an easy and basic way to center the focus of your mind to any specific part of your body.

It must have been called other names, but under this one I learned it. Almost the exact same thing you write about.

In the mind fullness exerciser they take a tour from your toes trough your body, along with some other things. I usually fell asleep before the bell rang, or more like a gong actually a very high pitched one.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Very easy explanation. What you pay attention to, or invest time and energy in, will ultimately grow. This includes pain.
It will include everything in your life. Try to invest your time in positive stuff, it will at least keep the negative stuff at bay, and you may one day harvest the seeds.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

Now focus on the spot between your eyes / brow, see the light, and walk down the tunnel...

You're on the right track

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sinter Klaas

The other things are fun. I am surprised there is no medical description for this that is easy to find. It is part of the body, or a sensory input....what if its an output... maybe i can train myself to channel it to make newspaper burst to flames like that one guy from that one video... experiments! Seriously, if it is something people can do, it needs to be explored more and not just by budhists.

Any of you guys know a friend with an EKG machine? or any kind of machine that detects any kind of electrical fluctuations or something that would measure if there is anything to measure when one performs "Mind fullness?" on a spot of body.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sinter Klaas
a reply to: skunkape23

Very easy explanation. What you pay attention to, or invest time and energy in, will ultimately grow. This includes pain.
It will include everything in your life. Try to invest your time in positive stuff, it will at least keep the negative stuff at bay, and you may one day harvest the seeds.

That's why I don't take pain medication anymore.
With a clear mind I can more effectively focus on something else to distract myself from the pain.

top topics

join